RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virginia murders

HellRazor

Knight
WarAngel;675031 said:
What, you think I was disagreeing with him? It was just a big joke. This is the Internets after all, where everything is a joke.

It's not a joke. Don't ever call it that!

The internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Johabius

Knight
I was watching show biz tonight earlier on CNN Headline News, and this woman on there says that there is 35 years of research that shows that video game and television violence causes real life violence. Then she goes on to say something totally different.
Psychologist type person said:
Exposure to violence in TV, movies, games desensitizes people to real life violence.
I agree with that part. Desensitizing someone to violence, though, does not automatically make that person pick up a gun and create a real life FPS.
How do these psychologists explain the massive amounts of violent acts that were perpetrated before the invention of TV, movies, and video games?

HellRazor

Knight
I don't think anyone can make a blanket statement like that. Most people understand the difference between fantasy and reality. Those that don't will always find something to set them off. If it's not video games, it would be music. Or reading. Or anything at all.

WarAngel

Wanderer
HellRazor;675122 said:
I don't think anyone can make a blanket statement like that. Most people understand the difference between fantasy and reality. Those that don't will always find something to set them off. If it's not video games, it would be music. Or reading. Or anything at all.

Mark David Chapman shot John Lennon because of the 'The Catcher in the Rye' video game !!

Xenon

Wanderer
On an off-note, I went to work today (I teach part-time at an after-school academy), and the boss's son said that the boss thought I would be angry and not show up today. When I asked why, he said it was because the Korean student killed American students.
I've been getting apologies from innocent people all day long; they feel the need to apologize on behalf of being a South Korean. It really shocks people in other parts of the world as much as it does in the US.

bzk90

Lord
my high school is in an uproar because they are afraid that they might be next...idiots

I should get a pesticide spray gun and hide it in my trench coat...

Radwen

Wanderer
bzk90;675283 said:
my high school is in an uproar because they are afraid that they might be next...idiots

I should get a pesticide spray gun and hide it in my trench coat...
Lol, people live off drama.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
The sad part about all of this is... It could've been avoided if the Administration would've had the courage to get this student the help that he obviously needed. The student was a senior and was to graduate this year. The administration new about the student's problems from the beginning. That's 4 Years Ago. And the student steadily got worse. Some of the teachers were afraid of him. And his nationality has nothing to do with what he did. He was a very sick individual.

My prayers go out to all of the friends and family members who lost someone in this horrible event.

Viago

Knight
yea, like its always the case. After the fact we see things could have bee prevented. but....those kids prolly got thier spoiled asses just deserts.

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;675295 said:
The sad part about all of this is... It could've been avoided if the Administration would've had the courage to get this student the help that he obviously needed. The student was a senior and was to graduate this year. The administration new about the student's problems from the beginning. That's 4 Years Ago. And the student steadily got worse. Some of the teachers were afraid of him. And his nationality has nothing to do with what he did. He was a very sick individual.

They did try and get him help. His English teacher even went so far as to remove him from her class and teach him one-on-one.

Viago said:
those kids prolly got thier spoiled asses just deserts.

Are you talking about the kids that died? If so, you are a fucking sack of shit.

Joeku

Lord
Viago;675302 said:
yea, like its always the case. After the fact we see things could have bee prevented. but....those kids prolly got thier spoiled asses just deserts.
Asshole .

WarAngel

Wanderer
Just more proof that his life sucks just as much as I've always suspected it did. All that talk of banging chicks? Hah. More like clinically depressed and delusional.

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel;675321 said:
Just more proof that his life sucks just as much as I've always suspected it did. All that talk of banging chicks? Hah. More like clinically depressed and delusional.

What's wrong with banging chicks?

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel;675339 said:
Where did I say that?

In the part I quoted where you said "All that talk of banging chicks? Hah."

Just wondering what's wrong with banging chicks...I think it's rather enjoyable :p