RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of OSI-Clone do you prefer?

Kiwi

Knight
Well, I was really looking forward to Dalius's "Seige Perilous X" because I've never played SP on OSI before, and it seemed different (read: a challenge?) but then again it's Dalius and last I heard he hadn't done anything with it at all

I was also really excited about Novus Opiate, when it first changed it's goal to a fully osi clone pre UO:R shard. Then I remembered who the admin was, and well, scratch that idea. Though I think the playerbase you'd attract with this would all be hardcore PvP'ers though I can't see what the big deal with pre UO:R pvp is in the first place

AOS, causes violent outbursts from me

Best bet would be Pub16 (minus a few things, namely powerscrolls) I mean it's got enough new things (trammy things?) to keep non pvp players happy, pvp is pretty decent so there shouldn't be a problem with that... and I feel like I'm describing the other shard I play word-for-word so I'll stop here

Token

Wanderer
I picked Pre UOR for a few reasons Pre UOR seemed to be very diffrent in skill gaining. I perfer this over anything, but I am guessing what ever you do to the UOG shard would be great. I also like SP style but one thing about that I do not like is the timer or what ever it is called after you reach pasted 70ish.

Kiwi

Knight
Well Token it's not very specific... sure SP is different on OSI than all the other shards, but it's not like they don't update it. Maybe you could vote for Seige Perilous pre UOR style?

I mean aren't they adding AOS to it (or already have) and a lot of people really complained about that

Token

Wanderer
okay I will be more detailed about SP

in SP reds can go into towns without getting guard wacked unless they attack a blue before a blue attackes them.

There is no stat loss

there is a timer type thing (not sure name) once you get to 70 its harder to gain skills.

There is only Fel

There is Hero vs Evil

Factions

and much more

mrbkarate

Wanderer
I voted for Seige cause i still play on that shard and i like it alot.

Yes they did add AOS to it already but they left out like item insurance and a few other things. They did put malas there but it has fel rules.

Cat

Wanderer
Ok I admit SP was great.
UO:r had one flaw, Tram.

Kill tram and uo:r wasnt so bad

In all honesty AOS is not what sucks

if AOS had been built on top of pre-pub16.
I think it would have gotten a much warmer welcome from the players.

F

Fatality

Okay look the reason im voting SP is because well it gives more pleasure all around...insted of just 1 place......like it gives reds an ease of getting items and what not....and yes there is tram on SP on OSI , you just need to use a tram moonstone =)....BUT reds are allowd in tram...Eh i just like the sound of SP better then pre uor or AoS....Mind you pub 16 has its ups and downs...but the AoS is brutal

R

Rainman

I'm a creature of habit. I enjoy the way UO played when I first got it. So I vote pre:uor.

Kiwi

Knight
There still haven't been any "well done" pre UO:R shards, I mean if there were I would be playing on it most likely (compared to everything else out there, there's no real 'amazing' shards)

I mean, there's a shard out there with like 100 players just because it supposedly has accurate pre UOR pvp ? Though I'd rather the entire thing be cloned to that time period than just PVP because, well, it looks and feels more right that way

Kiwi

Knight
Rainman said:
I'm a creature of habit. I enjoy the way UO played when I first got it. So I vote pre:uor.

I'm the opposite. Think about it, I purchased UOR (don't laugh I bought it after discovering free shards because I couldn't afford OSI)
and my first shard was fucking sphere... you'd think that would scar me for life, but alas I have recovered. I'm quite openminded about the UO gaming styles (except for AOS)

going with AoS. I like the idea of the displays, i guess mainly because when Diablo 2 and D2: LoD came out i loved those games ( pre-hacked ith everything ). AoS i don't believe was properly balanced on OSI but the ideals behind it and the expansion onto the items you can get appeals to me greatly. The "indestructible/supremely accurate/silver/vanquishing" katana got old. It was too easy to know what a good weap was. But Again, i'll reiterate, AoS wasn't properly balanced and added on OSI, i just like the eye candy/basics it came with.

P

php-junkie

I started playing UO in the Pre-UO Renaissance days it's also what I voted for. Other than Trammel the game was great until pub16.