RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of OSI-Clone do you prefer?

Re: ..

crystal-Hyel said:
because UO have changed .

you can see the same reaction on Daoc Pre SI and Post SI ,, you can see the same reaction on AO Pre NW and Post NW and in a month another time with pre SL and post SL.

the gameplay have changed , it's different .

Exemples : Go in your mother Kitchen's , take a Pot she use and put everyday at the same place , and put it another place more easy to find .

wait reaction from your Mother . and you understand WHY .

played DAoC, SI expansion was not the same as the UO Expansions, most people enjoyed the SI expansion w/ alchemy, spellcrafting, new areas, new races and classes.

The gameplay has changed? So? Do you not want to adapt to it? Life is constant change and adaptation, are you not going to adapt when your life changes?

i don't know why still, i did your pot thing and mom actually gave me a hug, said im so glad ur becoming more organized

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
Would just like to say that I dont like the powerscroll and bod stuff a great deal,

I would like a uo renaissance shard
I do like the house building system thou, thats the only good thing about AOS in my eyes..
maybe that could be added incase runuo doesnt do a AOS shard...
or perhaps somone makes new house designs (Id do it, im not too bad at them) wich coudl be deeds.. thats owuld prevent a shard looking a little chaotic with wierd house designs that arent in the slightest possible..

P.S:
somone asked to backup reason for being against AOS...
well one is pvp for exmaple..
take a warrior, give him 120 dex, 120 swords and tactics... i dont think you would survive a double stike and if you do, what if hes got a valorite runic in his hand...

let me see, my fencer without 110 str is wondering arounnd in yew, some lumber approches me (i am red) so i wait for him to attack me, the next moment I see "You have been killed be so and so.."
if there is one thing I hate, its one kill hits, thats nearly like para ganking, this list could go on for long,
but these are major things about AOS being bad

I begg of all with common sence! done YOU remeber the times before AOS and all those powerscrolls and runics, at those times, wasnt faction still FUN!!! or more presice! wasnt PVP MORE FUN?! *Sigh*
vote for pre-renaissance! p..p..ph..pleaseee

Acid Lord

Wanderer
AoS=updated and fun. 50 percent of this forum like AoS while the rest are split in 1/3 so what does that tell you? I was hoping this would have a impact on the RunUO official shard but it doesnt I guess. How can you show off all the capabilities of RunUO if AoS is disabled? I have yet to be one hit killed bty in the same instances you provided. It takes some hard work to get those items. If you have a BS that starts at 50 it will take a while to get the ore and bs skill needed to make plate and use valorite easily without wasting it..

Sirch

Wanderer
well heres y i dont like aos. i dont rly like the idea of the resists becuznow u need armor and armor costs money... i like the new weapons spell channeling... i dont like necro becuz it ruins the point of spell channeling... chivalry isnt bad.. custom housing is ok... malas was a bad idea to be tram ruleset... we need something else with fel in it... doom was also a good idea.

just my 2 cents :>

crystal-Hyel

Wanderer
Re: ..

TheOutkastDev said:
crystal-Hyel said:
because UO have changed .

you can see the same reaction on Daoc Pre SI and Post SI ,, you can see the same reaction on AO Pre NW and Post NW and in a month another time with pre SL and post SL.

the gameplay have changed , it's different .

Exemples : Go in your mother Kitchen's , take a Pot she use and put everyday at the same place , and put it another place more easy to find .

wait reaction from your Mother . and you understand WHY .

played DAoC, SI expansion was not the same as the UO Expansions, most people enjoyed the SI expansion w/ alchemy, spellcrafting, new areas, new races and classes.

The gameplay has changed? So? Do you not want to adapt to it? Life is constant change and adaptation, are you not going to adapt when your life changes?

i don't know why still, i did your pot thing and mom actually gave me a hug, said im so glad ur becoming more organized

Played daoC in europe from 1 year beta 1.32 till 1.59 in a guild of 200 people ... and i have ear ... with SI savage was too strong , ,with SI , necro was too strong or my druid is weak now etc etc etc
( don't worry i'm playing in a dreed like server (Gorre) , the guild content all realm classe's)
I don't have talked about ME , but about overall people .
i Love AOS , DaoC SI or AO SL.

but 25% of people approximatively always complaint about change .

P.S: Sorry for my bad english .

Melkor Raven said:
Would just like to say that I dont like the powerscroll and bod stuff a great deal,

I would like a uo renaissance shard
I do like the house building system thou, thats the only good thing about AOS in my eyes..
maybe that could be added incase runuo doesnt do a AOS shard...
or perhaps somone makes new house designs (Id do it, im not too bad at them) wich coudl be deeds.. thats owuld prevent a shard looking a little chaotic with wierd house designs that arent in the slightest possible..

P.S:
somone asked to backup reason for being against AOS...
well one is pvp for exmaple..
take a warrior, give him 120 dex, 120 swords and tactics... i dont think you would survive a double stike and if you do, what if hes got a valorite runic in his hand...

let me see, my fencer without 110 str is wondering arounnd in yew, some lumber approches me (i am red) so i wait for him to attack me, the next moment I see "You have been killed be so and so.."
if there is one thing I hate, its one kill hits, thats nearly like para ganking, this list could go on for long,
but these are major things about AOS being bad

I begg of all with common sence! done YOU remeber the times before AOS and all those powerscrolls and runics, at those times, wasnt faction still FUN!!! or more presice! wasnt PVP MORE FUN?! *Sigh*
vote for pre-renaissance! p..p..ph..pleaseee

hmm, i believe i stated not to prove it w/ examples from OSI pvp because its well known they didn't balance it when it was released, but anyways about your griping about the 1 hit wonder lumberjacks

that was a bug with double swing always hitting twice, now its a lot less likely, also, if you had decent phys resist, you wouldn't have been 1 hit. My archer/mage, and macer were never 1 hit by axers... all it took was some decent phys resist... AoS mean't you couldn't just through on some exceptional ring or wutever ur armor combo was, get a gm weap and go out and expect to perform decently. Items were a new part of the equation of pvp strategy.

since i voted for AoS i guess i don't have common sense?

ralph

Wanderer

Guess not :( AOS is what made OSI go under ground, it seems like they came up with it in a week... the pvp is horrible, maybe if your going to sit and kill monsters all day it would be fun...

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
Well this pole has one mistake in it,
Only people who have been playing at least for 30 month shoudl be allowed to vote... peopel who have only recently started playing uo dont know how fun it used to be before all those stupid powerscrolls and runics and you know the rest of the stuff......
id say 85% of players who played uo at least 30 month back or more woudl agree that aos is only to attract new peopel to join ultime online, and piss of the old veteran players!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Take something someone is used to and change it, a few people are extremely happy. The rest become infuriated, especially if the changes affect them on a competitive level. It goes so far beyond silly video games. Most are hesitant to learn any new system because they are so familiar with the old.

It reveals worlds about your individual personality type. This is a negative thing.

~Edit~

Wanted to note that on occasion I let my superiority complex slip and write things I tend to regret. There are so many things worse than willingness to embrace change that it was a mistake for me to call it a negative personality type. So I apoligize for that.

One thing good about entertainment, if you don't like the changes you can always quit. RunUO lets players do what OSI would never allow, playing with different and sometimes older rulesets. Happy happy.

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
I like some of the changes,
but I play uo because i like, well liked it how it was! what your saying is nonesence,
I dont go and play games I dont like,
If i watch lets say the simpsons, and suddenly they would change it to a dramatic themed cartoon instead of a comedy I would probbaly stop watching it, because i watched it for a reason,
I liked the jokes, etc....
I think they should have changed AOS and brought it out as a sepperate game, and leave the old uo how it was... this way there would be a choice.. between ultime online, and Age of Shadows...

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
I like some of the changes,
but I play uo because i like, well liked it how it was! what your saying is nonesence,
I dont go and play games I dont like,
If i watch lets say the simpsons, and suddenly they would change it to a dramatic themed cartoon instead of a comedy I would probbaly stop watching it, because i watched it for a reason,
I liked the jokes, etc....
I think they should have changed AOS and brought it out as a sepperate game, and leave the old uo how it was... this way there would be a choice.. between ultime online, and Age of Shadows...

psz

Administrator
The problem with having AOS as a seperate game is that OSI would now need twice as many servers to accomadate twice as many games. There's no WAY they could afford that, considering how much bandwidth and server hardware has gone up in the last, say, 4 years. Plus they would need twice as many devs, twice as many GMs (Ok, 4 times as many :-P), and twice as many of the rest of the staff. Then it wouldn't even be worth their time to package the games, let alone run the servers.

argentsmoke

Sorceror
PSZ, hiring GM's for example, wouldn't really be a factor for OSI. EA uses an offshore company called IENERGIZER for all customer support now. The IE crew gets about 25 cents an hour and may have a few weeks training or (all too commonly) a few minutes at start of shift.

The problem with releasing AOS as a new game was the same as UO2. OSI knows EA's target subscriber numbers for a game, and as we've seen all too often, EA will readily shut down any game that isn't meeting those numbers (Remember AirWarrior, MultiPlayer BattleTech, etc)

The playerbase would split between UO and UO-AOS, decreasing subscribership in both games and spelling their demise in the eyes of the parent company.

And I am sure on these facts, I worked with EA's customer Relations Management Division until they shipped all our jobs to India ;)

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
ok well.. I think they shoudl have perhaps done the following:
Settign up a stable test shard for a month
then setting up a poll listing all the shards ( or just major or minor ones)

The Polls question would be.
Wich of the following shards should be converted into AOS supportive shards, and wich should stay as they are..
Im convinced they would have kept a lot of old players how left ( i know many who did!) and they owuld have won many new players playing on the AOS shards ... probaly theyd erven play on both shards

S

Seven

Srry about my post up there :p

I forgot to say WHY and i have been playing over 2 years now :D *so proud* *well no im not actully...i hate aos >=(*

Its because of the stupid "1-2 HIT KILLS*

Osi really improved on the "ONE----HIT-----KILL!!!!"

I just dont like it..the weird screen now with that lil thing in your corner ITS ANNOYING and its useless :/

**Sorry if this post is rude in anyway** just my thought on AOS

Pub-16 LBR ALL THE WAY BABY :) or pre-pub-16 anyone is good :)