RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats next?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Whats next?

Please give me a list of the missing features in RunUO.

No comments about how important this is, or whatnot I just want a list of the features that are not in the core RunUO Distribution.

Also, before posting your missing features, make sure someone else hasnt.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
(some this stuff in in script submissions forum, but not in the distro)

Young System/Quests
Bonding
The LBR Creatures
The Plant Growing Stuff
Dragon Scale
Vet Reward System
Factions (though I know that's being worked on)
The Solen hive stuff (quests & items)

Phantom

Knight
Additions from an Admin point of view.
Improved AI System ( Mages, Warriors, ect )
Improved Pathfinding System

Additions from a Players Point of view
A system to output data to the web such as player stats, that sort of thing.

Classes that allow intergration with other languages such as PHP, ASP, perhaps Perl? So that you can intergrate an entire site base do on your shard. Sort of like an SDK developement class which perhaps will generate .html, .php, ect files for an website.

This class wouldn't be really the status class, or myuo but one that could lets say make a Top 10 PK's list based on certain data. Sort of like PHPBB does when it lists members by post, functions like that.

These additions would be tools to improve RunUO in general, not so features that are missing or are needed. Figured somebody has to make them :)

Chosen

Wanderer
1) GGS or PH
2) Web integration. Easier ways to extract information from the server and display on web.
3) I do think a MyUO would be great.
4) Official web account creation (php/asp)
5) Factions

rlitt3

Wanderer
Sorry if I missed it but I have not seen this other than in the script submissions:

http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=10042

The only thing missing from this script was if the container is within a town, you have to steal the item in order to acquire it. If you get caught, you get guard-whacked. I guess the vendor and/or the guard scripts would have to also be edited for this.

Regressi0n

Wanderer
More speed for tamed creatures , for runing on fights or any
BagBall
Boss( loot ) for Doom Dungeon
Unicorn and Ki-rin abilitys (cure for two) and on unicorns gate to central ilshenar on warning of master dead
Permanent Quest's

psz

Administrator
MOST of these have scripts on the submission board, but I'd prefer to see RunUO Dev Versions(even though I worked on some of them ;->):

Hirables
The Missing Vendors (Real Estate Brokers, Gargoyles, Haven, etc)
The Haven Wuses, er, I mean Militia
Linkable Triggers (IE: Double click a lever to open a door type of thing)
Lock Pickable Doors
Double-Click-to-use Teleporters
Spawners with seperate Spawn and Homeranges
Anything Uburz finds ;->
Power Scrolls during Champ Hunts (Ties in to loot OnDeath/Luck)

Atomic

Wanderer
Ambient Sounds
Missing Chivalry/Necro Spells
Chivalry Spells come on Loot(not sure how this is on OSI)
Season changing/Moon phases/Time/Date system

S

Seven

BALLOT BOX <---- gah :( 3rd time iv said this

Nightmares have a combination of Horse and Dragon sounds not just dragon sounds(unless they changed it in the last 5 mins)

Ill think of more...

doh forgot Finished Faction System (Installed already into the beta and tottatly finished with gumps)

uburz

Sorceror
Uhm, let's me think some other things:
  • publish 20 additions and fixes ;)
  • harvest system (furrows spawning)
  • correct loot rights for monsters (based on the player/party that did the most damage: otherwise unable to loot in trammel, criminal flag in felucca)
  • skill and stat system for creatures (now they use the same as players :rolleyes:)
  • fighting autotarget fixed (uhm, I'm collecting infos on this, maybe I'll post something when I finish)
  • peacemaking revisioned
  • poison fixed
  • summoned elementals fixed :)
  • aggressor's detection tweaked for npcs (ie: if you cast a vortex near an npc, it should -not- consider you as the aggressor; the same is for tamed and summoned creatures when you say "all kill")
  • decay of untamed creatures inside houses and boats (100 minutes)
  • valor and compassion virtues
  • karma gain/loss with spells, skills, beneficial actions etc.
  • item identification skill
  • all missing rares (rocks, etc.)
  • khaldun (npcs, chests, secrets, books and dungeon rules; I'm working on something of this...)
  • correct yellow health bar for unharmable NPCs (ie: vendors) and invul staff members
  • communication crystals (well, I don't even know how they are supposed to work, but some players asked for them :rolleyes:)[/list:u]and other things I cannot remember now :)

KnightD

Sorceror
My List of missing Features.

A more expand security system.

encrypting the passwords. If you need a class for this one, I do have one that I got from my MSDN subscription.

The RunUO server get it's information from the registry. Ie Server Name, the Ip Address, Datapath, etc. Basically any place where we the admin's would change in the code.

Convert all data files to XML. This would just make thing neat and simple.

A suggestion: A shadow system. Server would listen to 2 ports, the main server and the secondary server. The secondary would allow GM's and Admin to create stuff with out having disrupt the main server. It would mirror the main, except anything that is created in the shadow system would not appear on the main.

A suggestion: Convert the account system to MSDE. Also store the information in MSDE. This would allow admins designing web sites portal togather info.

Or

Create an SDK that loads the data from the save directory. And can be queried, returnong xml as it's output.

Well I think that is enough for now.

DKnight

with runuo's one year aniversary at hand might i suggest having a look at Rokhams reward system. there by enableing a way to distribute the items like etherealmounts and various other things some of which are already in runuo?

zebany

Wanderer
I think, In game features are more importent.
Yes, a website generator or Gui tool etc are good things but if u want to have a public shard, you should be able to setup your web site.
Factions, looting rights, Luck, Pet Bonding, Doom dungeon, Item enhance, Dragon Scale armors, Improved vendor system...
I think these in game features are more important for an Uo server emu.

Thank you for RunUO...