RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats next?

crystal-Hyel

Wanderer
Ambient sound
finish the chevalry/necromancer
Patrol and go command for pet
Virtues not implemented

thank's for your awesome Job

Yurup

Wanderer
-What I would like to see is a ClearRegion <region> command similair to the ClearFacet one wich will clear the selected region of items, monsters, ect. For Example: [ClearRegion Britain and all of britain will be cleared.

-my 2nd suggestion is an import/export region command. This command will copy all items and their properties in a region to a file. Import will ofcourse place every item from the file into that region along with its properties.

Example: [Export Fire1 <filename> this will export the spawners(with time settings, ect) decoration, ect of level 1 from the fire dungeon and [Import Fire1 <filename> will import the settings from the file to the fire region.

This command will be great for exchanging dungeons and/or backing them up in case you did something drasticly wrong to your shard or something.

Atheena

Wanderer
Ok my RunUO needs....

Some things OSI has we don't:

functioning keyring... I know this sounds lame... but they are not in the game... and I need them. I have added them but can not get them to add keys and unlock doors for all the doors the keys would unlock if seperately....

Pet bonding
Fishing to work... with fishing up serpents.... and treasures etc... for the fishing nets to work.

Leather Dyetubs
a Herding script for a herding skill...
The plant growing system.. IF you could put in the one we have that works great .

Plant seeds to be added to bogthings and boglings....

Criminal flag for LOOTERS a BIG TIME!!!

Some things I personally would like worked on.

Dexterity fixed so that if someone is weaker than you you can push thru them if your dex is at 75% or greater... (no more being bumped back by dogs, chickens, or birds and being trapped)

Spawners that will spawn in lockable containers, or a lockable spawn chest for our thiefs....

I will stop for not... thank you :)

ThePredator

Wanderer
something i forgot:
the so called 'thief insurance'
For those of you who do not know, since Publish 16 sometimes items recently stolen will be "blessed" (that is, rather, that they cannot be lost by dying but can be lost by being stolen) for two minutes.
Here is the official word from OSI in early November 2002:
Lord-Xanthor - *Mocker* Why are items stolen by thieves now temporarily blessed? This allows thieves to keep stolen items after ressurecting, ensuring 100% success for a play style which involves 0 risk. They can even call guards on themselves. Was this intentional, or is it a bug?
Helios_OSI - It was an unintentional feature that we decided to keep in the game. It gives the Thief an extra plus.
Helios_OSI - Which isnt all bad.

Lord-Xanthor - *C_Mike_GL* Since Theifs are soo limited to where and what they can steal, will there be changes of the theiving skill?
Helios_OSI - I wouldn't retire my thief just yet - that's all I'll say about that for now.
quoted from the thieves FAQ on stratics forums
it is also mentioned in some recent posts as this one, so i'm pretty sure it still exists
also the FAQ is being revised periodically so it shouldn't contain something outdated

Rooster2

Sorceror
I pretty much am with everyone and their ideas. My "image" of RunUO would be a total clone of EA/OSI. Factions/rewards/fishing/planting etc., anything that's there I'd like to see in here. Those first three are my preferences, in that order. In addition, I'd love to see moving items aroud done as on EA. IE, no need for the 'flip' command. A player should be able to turn a chair based on the direction it's dropped in relation to their character.

I also wouldn't mind seeing custom stuff done, as I bet the dev's can do some wild stuff... But I don't feel that should come before the actual product is 'done'. That's just my opinon.

Add legacy magic rings/earning/necklaces/items.

I got alot of info from OSI, so this should give ya a head start on it:

Magic items:
rings
necklace
earnings
cloak
jesters hat
feathered hat
bonnet
wide-brim hat
wizards hat
thigh boots
sash
tricorn hat
tribal mask
deer mask
bear mask

Those items need legacy (non aos support)
and they come with the following possible magic atts:
Bless (str, int ,dex) ( 10 to each) (Average changes are 3-15)
Cunning (int) (+10 int) (average 8-20)
Agility (dex) (same as above)
Strength (str) (same as cunning)
protection (gives ar, no idea how much) (charges are around 10-30)
Teleport (think only rings for this,) (low charges, from 1-10)
spell reflect (casts spell reflect, no requirements, keeps active if it goes off) (Charges- 30-100)
invisibility (when put on, makes you inviso, otherwise its not auto casted) (anywhere from 10-100)

psz

Administrator
Player Unlockable NON-HOUSE doors.

IE: Bank Doors on OSI can be picked (at the least) and sometimes magic unlocked. Makes them work a lil harder to get to the loot.

Random Junk Chests for use in towns

On OSI, in most inns, you'll find low-level locked chests that generally contain more or less useless items (lanterns, for example). These are great for the low level mage/lockpicker to gain skill on.

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
Re: Whats next?

Ryan said:
Please give me a list of the missing features in RunUO.

No comments about how important this is, or whatnot I just want a list of the features that are not in the core RunUO Distribution.

Also, before posting your missing features, make sure someone else hasnt.

1)Item enhancement
2)Dragon/Nightmare breath weapon (fire breath)
3)Does every single critter that uses magic HAVE to cast Mindblast 99% of the time ? (possible AI script fix)
4)Seems like casting monsters teleport far too often (maybe its been too long since ive played an OSI shard?) Used to be you had to train a Dragon for a few weeks before it could teleport.
5)Khaldun went missing ?
6)Necromancer spell 'Animate dead' not working , I personally would like to see this fixed ASAP

I have not played on an OSI shard for over a year, so Im not sure what has, and hasnt changed. For me personally #1 and #6 are most important, however a Dragon just doeesnt seem like a Dragon without its breath weapon, be it tame or not. #3/#4 Im pretty sure is a AI script fix, altho I havent done much scripting YET, so I could be wrong. At any rate good job, its far better than anything Ive coded yet :)

sliptongue69

Sorceror
In fighting, fix the next target deal. When you are fighting multiple creatures, and you kill one, auto-target the next one.

hobbel

Wanderer
This is more of a suggesstion for the server-side of things. Implement the use of a database to store things like items, spawns, player accounts, characters and caracter info.

I suggess this because generaly a database has faster access than the flat files that are currently used. It's well known that XML does not scale well when the files get large. The database would also help relvave the load on the server (if there is another system that can serve the database)

Support for the more popular databases such as MySQL, MSSQL, ORACLE, Postgress, etc

Atheena

Wanderer
Is it possible to change the stance on replicitaing things like half beds in the game? There are a lot of graphical mess ups on OSI that was not there when I first began playing... I don't know why they are there now.... carelessness I guess....

But can RunUO take the stance not to repeat these mistakes? This way we can put it in easily on our servers.

I know if we have it set up to freeze and unfreeze we can fix this... however, I dont use the freeze commands yet.

Thiefing in town.... can it be set in the regions I suppose that house and towns if someone tries to take something it required stealing.

psz

Administrator
Some of those graphical mistakes are client based. They have nothing to do with the server (The Ovens in Jhelom Bakery, for example).