RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Your Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzk90

Lord
*thinks joeku is confused by the generation naming scheme*

generation x are older then you and me...

the generation after us may be spoiled but there is a chance that their kids will bring about radical social change...as I said, there is always the next generation.

Rosetta

Wanderer
bzk90;717836 said:
*thinks joeku is confused by the generation naming scheme*

generation x are older then you and me...

the generation after us may be spoiled but there is a chance that their kids will bring about radical social change...as I said, there is always the next generation.

I am about one year too young to be a gen x.

Rosetta

Wanderer
HellRazor;717872 said:
I'm so old that I don't even know what generation I am in.

Hey look someone has explained it all!

Generation X defies definition

Ahh I am gen X, depending on source of course. All I remember is hearing someone call me gen x when I was a teen. At the time it confused the hell out of me. But I read up a bit about it and all of it seemed pretty ridiculous, still does.

It was the "me generation" however it was more of a focus on individualism, which seems to hardly matter as much anymore.

Wonder what they will call the generation now. The generation that aren't really cynical anymore, just more depressed and then blame themselves.

I think this thread shows us best that our political system isn't failing the American people because of politicians, but because of the people. I mean, just look at how hostile people are toward each other. It shows how confrontational people are in politics. This thread was about a dumb little survey that supposedly gauges which candidate best fits you. It has since snowballed into a 260+ reply flame-fest of knee-jerk reactions from people who can't stand someone else disagreeing with them in the political arena.

My first declared minor was political science. I thought I wanted to be lawyer, and with my business degree, run my own firm. But I got into these classes and started realizing just how ridiculously uncivilized politics makes people. Building a life around that kind of hostility wasn't an option for me. I guess for some it is though.

The point is, the American people each have their own idea of how they want it, and nobody wants to listen to the other side. Is it any surprise that the government reflects the same behavior?

Sometimes I wonder: If it weren't for the past glories of the United States, would I be proud to be an American?

Rosetta

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev;718006 said:
I think this thread shows us best that our political system isn't failing the American people because of politicians, but because of the people. I mean, just look at how hostile people are toward each other. It shows how confrontational people are in politics. This thread was about a dumb little survey that supposedly gauges which candidate best fits you. It has since snowballed into a 260+ reply flame-fest of knee-jerk reactions from people who can't stand someone else disagreeing with them in the political arena.

My first declared minor was political science. I thought I wanted to be lawyer, and with my business degree, run my own firm. But I got into these classes and started realizing just how ridiculously uncivilized politics makes people. Building a life around that kind of hostility wasn't an option for me. I guess for some it is though.

The point is, the American people each have their own idea of how they want it, and nobody wants to listen to the other side. Is it any surprise that the government reflects the same behavior?

Sometimes I wonder: If it weren't for the past glories of the United States, would I be proud to be an American?

In all fairness most of the worlds politics create just as much of a stir in other countries - sometimes more. Sports can create a nasty stir between people as well.

Also in all fairness, the people that argued over the politics here in this thread are the same ones that argue over stupid meaningless shit as well. Yeah I am including myself as one of them - we all know who the people are that are going to just have to say their point on the forums.

HellRazor

Knight
Reasoned debate is good. Hostility - not so good.

It takes two to tangle of course, but no one likes to be attacked. If you are openly disrespectful towards someone and their opinions you can't be surprised if you get some of that back in return.

Humans are emotional beings and you'll find arguements, debates, and emotions in just about any field you go into. But I guess diversity is the spice of life. If we were all just part of a hivemind what fun would that be?

And yeah, there's an asshole everywhere ya go. But what can ya do.

1. Duncan Hunter
2. Mitt Romney
3. Fred Thompson

...I don't have a clue as to who those people are; all I did was answer questions and hit a button. Those were my top three.

Status
Not open for further replies.