RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wincrafting v1.0.0

dracana

Sorceror
Winecrafting

Winecrafting System
Current Version: 1.0.4

UPDATE June 25, 2006
FIXED: VinyardGroundAddon.cs- Replace item names GroundItemPart and GroundPosition due to conflicts with Variable Carpet Addon custom script.

UPDATE April 21, 2006
FIXED: defWinecrafting.cs - Replace message in gump when player does not have enough skill to use a particular variety of grape. Thanks emeraldleg34 for brining this to my attention!!

Please download new attached zip and replace the older version.

URGENT UPDATE Dec. 8, 2005
FIXED: AddGrapevineGump.cs - Grapevines were being left on internal map. Please download the attached zip and reinstall or go to
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=462131&postcount=70
for manual instructions on fixing this issue. Thanks!

UPDATE Dec. 8, 2005
This is just a maintenance release to fix a few bugs on Pre-AOS servers

FIXED: Winegrapes.cs - Wine grapes will now show the variety and amount on single click (for Pre-AOS), instead of "grape bunch : ##".
FIXED: BaseCraftWine.cs - Bottles of wine will now show the vinyard and variety on single click (for Pre-AOS), instead of "bottle of wine".
FIXED: BaseGrapeVine.cs - Grapevines will now show the variety on single click (ALL).

Please download new attached rar and replace the older version.

UPDATE Nov. 9, 2005
NEW: Added two new tools to give players the ability to place grapevines in their houses. The first is the Grapevine placement tool. This tool will open the same gump that admins use, but it is locked down when used by players to validate that they are placing/moving/deleting vines in their own house and only on dirt/ground tiles. The second tool is a Vinyard ground addon. This is only needed by players that don't have custom houseing. It is an addon that will add dirt tiles into their house.
NEW: Added two new addons that were created by masternightmage. These are the Keg Storage Rack and Bottle Rack.
UPDATED: AddGrapevineGump to work for players using the grapevine placement tool. It will use the new script VinePlacement.cs for the rules of where players can place vines. There are certain aspects that you can change to suit your shard. These are...

AllowPlayerYards - (default = false) - Option if your shard allows players to build outside their house foundation. Currently set to allow players to place within 5 tiles of house
AllowAllHouseTiles - (default = false) - Option to allow players to place on all house tiles or only on dirt or vinyard ground addon.
AllowAllYardTiles - (default = false) - Option to work when AllowPlayerYards is true. To allow players to place on any type of tile or only on ground and dirt tiles.
m_VinePrice - (default = 250) - the price that each vine will cost the player and the price they will be refunded.
UPDATED: Winecrafter NPC to sell the grapevine placement tool and the vinyard ground addon deed. I did not add the Keg Storage or Bottle Rack addons. I will leave that up to you to decide if you want them on the vendor or on an addon stone/token stone, etc.
FIXED: The OnSingleClick event in WineKeg.cs to show the wine variety and crafter details correctly.

UPDATE Nov. 3, 2005
NEW: Too add to realism, players will now craft kegs instead of bottles. Kegs must ferment for 7 real world days, before they can be bottled. Kegs are equiv of 15.5 gallon kegs and can bottle 75 wine bottles. If you prefer to leave it the old way (crafting bottles), simply open defWinecrafting.cs and uncomment line 94 and comment out line 96.
NEW: Vinyard Label Tool. This tool can be purchased from the Winecrafter NPC and can be used by players to name their own vinyard. To use, players need to double click label tool, then click on one of the following (depending on what they want to do...
Crafted Bottle of wine (crafted by them and exceptional only) - this will only label that specific bottle.
Crafted Keg of Wine (crafted by them and exceptional only) - this will label all bottles poured from that keg.
The Vinyard label Tool itself - If they name the tool, all future kegs, etc they craft will hold that name. Tool must be in backpack at time of crafting kegs!​
UPDATED: Winecrafter Tools is now using the bottle with spout itemid (bong).
UPDATED: Added Kegs and Label Tool to Winecrafter NPC. Also moved tools and resources to the top of the items for sale list.
UPDATED: Removed the addgv command from AddGrapevineGump.cs and placed into Commands\AddGrapevine.cs. This is for future functionality.
FIXED: Crafted wine will now increase BAC when a player drinks a bottle.

Original Post
This is a winecrafting system I have developed. Some is based on other scripts that I have found here, including Sigma's grapevines and Demented's/Kesia's Brewing craft system.

This is a fully working script system, but I consider it a beta release to the RunUO community until I can get feedback/bug reports :)

Here are the features...
Wine crafting - using Alchemy skill. Alchemy of 80 required. Can currently only craft bottles of wine. Exceptionally crafted wines can bear vinyard name (maker's mark) and are made as "Special Reserve" wines.
Enhanced Sigma Grapevines - Includes gump to place, move, delete vines as well as set which variety of grape vine will hold.
Grape Picking - Multiple varieties of grapes can be picked from the vine and used in crafted wines. These varieties are...
Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Riesling, Sangiovese, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz, Viognier, and Zinfandel​
Winecrafter NPC - Sells/Buys grape varieties. Sells winecrafting supplies (sugar, yeast, empty wine bottles, and winecrafter kit)
Vintner NPC - Sells/Buys Bottles of wine.​

To install, download the attached file and unrar it to your customs directory. Restart your server and you are ready to setup. You have different options to setup.

1. Using Vendors (required). You will want to add the Vintner(optional) and Winecrafter vendors to the world. Use spawner or [add to add them. I recommend adding Vintner to towns and Winecrafter in the farmlands somewhere. If you use the grapevines, I would add this vendor somewhere near the vines.

2. Using Grapevines (optional). Use the command [addgv to place vines. This will bring up the Grapevine add gump to add vines. Vines can only be added to land tiles. You can set the variety of grape the vine will hold in the gump.

3. Modify GenericSell.cs for higher exceptional prices - If you would like "Reserve" wines to sell to vintner for higher price, look for the following...
Code:
   else if ( item is BaseBeverage )
   {
    int price1 = price, price2 = price;

if ( item is Pitcher )
    { price1 = 3; price2 = 5; }
    else if ( item is BeverageBottle )
    { price1 = 3; price2 = 3; }
    else if ( item is Jug )
    { price1 = 6; price2 = 6; }

BaseBeverage bev = (BaseBeverage)item;

if ( bev.IsEmpty || bev.Content == BeverageType.Milk )
     price = price1;
    else
     price = price2;
   }
and add...
Code:
   else if ( item is BaseCraftWine )
   {
    BaseCraftWine wine = (BaseCraftWine)item;

if ( item is BottleOfWine )
    {
     if ( wine.Quality == WineQuality.Low )
      price = (int)( price * 0.60 );
     else if ( wine.Quality == WineQuality.Exceptional )
      price = (int)( price * 1.25 );
    }
    if ( price < 1 )
     price = 1;
   }

I have changed the names of most items, etc to avoid conflicts. I did not however change the name of Sigma's vines. If you already have Sigma's grapevines, you will need to replace them with the new vines included here. The grapevines are named...
East
GrapeVinePoleEast, GrapeVinePoleEast2, GrapeVinePoleEast3, GrapeVineBranchEast, GrapeVineBranchEast2
North
GrapeVinePoleNorth, GrapeVinePoleNorth2, GrapeVinePoleNorth3, GrapeVineBranchNorth, GrapeVineBranchNorth2

I will follow this post with a post of further images.

Credit:
Sigma - For his grapevines. I used these as the basis for my grapevines. Most of his code is intact, with exception of the addition of varieties, and I reduced the number of files by using BaseGrapeVine.
Demented/Kesia - For the Brewing Craft scripts, which I based my winecrafting scripts on.
XSTG - For the Sweeties Pack, where I got the idea for my WinecrafterSugar from.
A-Li-N - For the Yard and Garden System, which I based alot of the player placeable vinyards on.

Also, special thanks to Orpheus and masternightmage for their suggestions that were implemented in version 1.0.1.

Feel free to post any bugs or critical feedback

Thanks and hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Winecrafting_1.0.4.rar
    33.7 KB · Views: 270

dracana

Sorceror
Images...

Here are some images from the winecrafting system...

Add Grapevine Gump

Add Grapevine Gump (Select Variety)

Add Grapevine Gump (Item Detail)

Sample Grapevine field

Grapes

Winecrafter Tool

Winecrafter Tool Gump

Winecrafter Tool Gump (Grape Variety Selection)

Winecrafter Tool Gump (Requirements page)

Cheap wine (raise your alchemy skill!!)

Reserve Wine (that's better)

Dave1969

Wanderer
Shouldnt the players be able to place vines in their yards?

Shouldnt the players be able to place vines in their yards? I know i can change the access but wanted to ask you if thats what you intended

dracana

Sorceror
Dave1969 said:
Shouldnt the players be able to place vines in their yards? I know i can change the access but wanted to ask you if thats what you intended

Eventually, yes. :) In this first release, I have it admin placeable only. I wanted to get this release out for feedback, etc. In my next release, I will have an addon deed for players to create their own "mini" vinyards. I was pondering the best way to do this... should it give let's say a 5x1 addon vinyard complete or allow them to make it as big as they want and they need to get multiple deeds (or seeds) to make their vinyard? Any suggestions?

LordHogFred said:
This looks really great :).
Any plans on extending this to include ales and cider as well?
I hadn't planned on extending it that way, but maybe if time allows?? I first wanted to work on the above deeds, then allow players to craft different quantities of wine (i.e. pitcher and keg), with multiple consumptions and all.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Heres an idea !!!

If you could make it like the carpet addon deed where you target two points to make the vineyard as large or small as you want it and will also allow square vineyards and long rectangular ones. If thats possible.

Memnoch

Wanderer
Great script, i love how you can make cheap wine all the way to the top quality stuff. I look forward to seeing other scripts you write.

Only 1 thing i would add to this, a way to date the wine so that collectors (if there are any) could say "oh yea, i have this one from way back at the start of the shard" but then you'd need to come up with a complex way to date it, unless you wanted to use the current date, minus 1000 years.

dracana

Sorceror
Memnoch said:
Great script, i love how you can make cheap wine all the way to the top quality stuff. I look forward to seeing other scripts you write.

Only 1 thing i would add to this, a way to date the wine so that collectors (if there are any) could say "oh yea, i have this one from way back at the start of the shard" but then you'd need to come up with a complex way to date it, unless you wanted to use the current date, minus 1000 years.

Yeah, I actually did want to put something like that in, but didn't want to use real world date. Does anyone know if there is a UO world date? and if so, how to get/calculate it? If so, I will definitely add that.

orpheus

Sorceror
something that would be cool is to have a tool that would write the vinyards name on bottles, kegs, etc. just something that when you first double click it a gump opens and asks for the name and then says vinyard name's label maker.

dracana

Sorceror
That is a great idea. I did originally plan on giving the ability to set the name of the vinyard as part of the Winecrafter tool, but decided against it, since players would have to reset with each new toolkit. I could write like you say, as a labelmaker. The labelmaker would hold the name of the vinyard and on the creation of the wine using the toolkit, it will check if they have a labelmaker in pack. If so, it will name wine that vinyard name, otherwise it will use default name. Something like that :)

Thanks for the feedback and input!!
orpheus said:
something that would be cool is to have a tool that would write the vinyards name on bottles, kegs, etc. just something that when you first double click it a gump opens and asks for the name and then says vinyard name's label maker.

be cool if you could make the bottle that people use for bongs in the weed script for the crafting tool and then make the keg store the wine so you can double click it later and bottle up in a regular bottle just like you would with potions! but make it so that you have to have that keg locked down in a house for like a week befor you can even bottle it letting the wine set up!!

just a idea that may make this script more realistic!! but over all great script keep up the good work!:) :rolleyes:

dracana

Sorceror
masternightmage said:
be cool if you could make the bottle that people use for bongs in the weed script for the crafting tool and then make the keg store the wine so you can double click it later and bottle up in a regular bottle just like you would with potions! but make it so that you have to have that keg locked down in a house for like a week befor you can even bottle it letting the wine set up!!

just a idea that may make this script more realistic!! but over all great script keep up the good work!:) :rolleyes:

I like it! Actually my first plan was to base this off plant growing and have players need to check acid and yeast levels daily for a week before bottling. I may still go there someday, but this sounds like a good interim solution. I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Should be a easy way for the players to place the grape vines, perhaps add scrolls or something?

Less staff work to do the better :)