RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wincrafting v1.0.0

dracana

Sorceror
X-SirSly-X said:
Should be a easy way for the players to place the grape vines, perhaps add scrolls or something?

Less staff work to do the better :)

yeah, working on that for my next release... trying to figure out best way to do it:)

dracana

Sorceror
Upcoming release information

I am wrapping up a new release that will contain a couple requested features and a small bug fix. The new features will be...
1. A vinyard label maker - requested by Orpheus, will allow players to make their own vinyard name. Can use for all future crafted wines or for individual bottles.
2. Craft keg instead of bottles and require kegs to sit for 7 days before bottling - requested by masternightmage.​

These changes are now in testing and should be released by Thurs/Fri this week.

After this, I will begin working on Player ability to place vines in their own home. I was originally going to do this as addons, but since each vine must remain seperate, I am going to use a tool along the lines of A-Li-n's yard and garden system. The tool will allow players to place, move, delete vines in their house using a modified version of the existing addgv gump. My thought is to have players buy a tool that will allow a limited number of vines to be placed as part of the price. Any additional vines will be deducted from bank. Player will keep tool to move/delete vines from their house or change varieties. This should be out by following week.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback so far

dracana

Sorceror
Version 1.0.1 released!

Version 1.0.1 is now released in the main thread.

This version contains the following features/fixes...
NEW: Too add to realism, players will now craft kegs instead of bottles. Kegs must ferment for 7 real world days, before they can be bottled. Kegs are equiv of 15.5 gallon kegs and can bottle 75 wine bottles. If you prefer to leave it the old way (crafting bottles), simply open defWinecrafting.cs and uncomment line 94 and comment out line 96.
Thanks to masternightmage for this request.

NEW: Vinyard Label Tool. This tool can be purchased from the Winecrafter NPC and can be used by players to name their own vinyard. To use, players need to double click label tool, then click on one of the following (depending on what they want to do)...
Crafted Bottle of wine (crafted by them and exceptional only) - this will only label that specific bottle.
Crafted Keg of Wine (crafted by them and exceptional only) - this will label all bottles poured from that keg.
The Vinyard label Tool itself - If they name the tool, all future kegs, etc they craft will hold that name. Tool must be in backpack at time of crafting kegs!​
Thanks to Orpheus for this request.

UPDATED: Winecrafter Tools is now using the bottle with spout itemid (bong).
UPDATED: Added Kegs and Label Tool to Winecrafter NPC. Also moved tools and resources to the top of the items for sale list.
UPDATED: Removed the addgv command from AddGrapevineGump.cs and placed into Commands\AddGrapevine.cs. This is for future functionality.
FIXED: Crafted wine will now increase BAC when a player drinks a bottle.

Please download the new rar on my initial post. Unrar and replace the older version.

TremerePuck

Sorceror
I love the system and especially with the newest updates. But I'm having problems adding more grapes. It all compiles well but if I make the wine with the new grapes it's name is token out of range. Any ideas?

Thanks for adding what i suggested for starters but i had another idea that may bennifit this script and make it more 20th centry :D

while the user is waiting for the 7 day period maybe they should have to also test the wine each day in order to see the quility of the wine, like making them each day take a sip of wine and above there head each day a txt appears!

these few txt lines are just a thought you could always make them what ever you wish, i just like seeing scripts maxed out to there best!

1st day = Kinda sweet, Better let it stand longer.
2nd day = Not ready yet.
3rd day = Maybe ready for cooking, But not to drink.
4th day = Ahh starting to have a kick to it.
5th day = Almost good incase of a coyote ugly night.
6th day = This could start a party.

and on the last day it could have a been made right or failed setting up for the 7 day mark and make it so the whole 7 days could have been a waist of time or a big success!

7th day success = Yes finaly it is perfect!
7th day fail = Oh no it turned into vinager. sigh

And good luck with this script it is looking wild man! ++ KARMA

dracana

Sorceror
TremerePuck said:
I love the system and especially with the newest updates. But I'm having problems adding more grapes. It all compiles well but if I make the wine with the new grapes it's name is token out of range. Any ideas?

How are you adding the grapes? Can you post a screenshot of the wine props (from the wine that is giving you the name error)?

dracana

Sorceror
masternightmage said:
Thanks for adding what i suggested for starters but i had another idea that may bennifit this script and make it more 20th centry :D

while the user is waiting for the 7 day period maybe they should have to also test the wine each day in order to see the quility of the wine, like making them each day take a sip of wine and above there head each day a txt appears!

these few txt lines are just a thought you could always make them what ever you wish, i just like seeing scripts maxed out to there best!

1st day = Kinda sweet, Better let it stand longer.
2nd day = Not ready yet.
3rd day = Maybe ready for cooking, But not to drink.
4th day = Ahh starting to have a kick to it.
5th day = Almost good incase of a coyote ugly night.
6th day = This could start a party.

and on the last day it could have a been made right or failed setting up for the 7 day mark and make it so the whole 7 days could have been a waist of time or a big success!

7th day success = Yes finaly it is perfect!
7th day fail = Oh no it turned into vinager. sigh

And good luck with this script it is looking wild man! ++ KARMA

Great ideas! I will look into the day by day messages and work something out. I might be able to work that into the next release.

that would rock ummm maybe make a keg rack addon to store the kegs or maybe a nice fancy wine rack!

Winekegs still say cure keg should make them read something like wine lol

dracana

Sorceror
masternightmage said:
that would rock ummm maybe make a keg rack addon to store the kegs or maybe a nice fancy wine rack!

Winekegs still say cure keg should make them read something like wine lol

Odd, I am not seeing that. Can you post a screenshot of the Wine Keg properties (just the first page of properties) I will try to reproduce.

Thanks

TremerePuck

Sorceror

I just looked in every file where it listed all the other grapes and made the appropriate additions. It all compiles well and I did it twice to make sure I didn't make a small typo or something. As you can see it all looks fine and dandy in the props. The new grapes show up when crafting as well.

dracana

Sorceror
TremerePuck said:

I just looked in every file where it listed all the other grapes and made the appropriate additions. It all compiles well and I did it twice to make sure I didn't make a small typo or something. As you can see it all looks fine and dandy in the props. The new grapes show up when crafting as well.

I assume Frost is the new variety of grape you added? There are a few places it would need to be added. I can't really help unless I knew which scripts you changed. Can you send me a list of the scripts?

TremerePuck

Sorceror
I have included a zip with the files so you can just look through them.

And thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Winecrafting.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 17

dracana

Sorceror
TremerePuck said:
I have included a zip with the files so you can just look through them.

And thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

OK, I found a couple things in Items\CraftItems\WineGrapeInfo.cs.

Line 139 currently reads...
Code:
if ( variety >= GrapeVariety.CabernetSauvignon && variety <= GrapeVariety.Zinfandel )

but it should be
Code:
if ( variety >= GrapeVariety.CabernetSauvignon && variety <= GrapeVariety.[B][COLOR="red"]Frost[/COLOR][/B] )

Line 251 is currently...
Code:
public static readonly WineGrapeInfo Frost = new WineGrapeInfo( 10, 1337, "Frost" );

but it should be...
Code:
public static readonly WineGrapeInfo Frost = new WineGrapeInfo( [B][COLOR="Red"]11[/COLOR][/B], 1337, "Frost" );

That is all I could see at first glance. Please make the above changes and let me know if that fixes your issues.

TremerePuck

Sorceror
hehe thanks! Worked. I'm such an idiot.

Oh, you should think about making it so when you fail you actually get vinegar. That would be cool.

here is a screen shot of adding keg to game from [add command ( keg is empty )

and also a screenshot of crafting the wine in the keg! ( keg is full )

Attachments

• Admin NightFox_11-5_10.26.jpg
    Admin NightFox_11-5_10.26.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Admin NightFox_11-5_10.27.jpg
    Admin NightFox_11-5_10.27.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 53

dracana

Sorceror
masternightmage said:
here is a screen shot of adding keg to game from [add command ( keg is empty )

and also a screenshot of crafting the wine in the keg! ( keg is full )

**EDIT**
Actually I tried adding a winekeg manually and it cam out correctly?? Did you make any changes to the system? If not, can you send a screenshot of the props on one of these kegs?

Sure thing man lol i havent edited anything by the way and the keg i am using is striaght from the vendor winecrafter! try and get all the stuff from the vendor only includeing the 50 grapes the first grapes in list!

trust me man i just want to see this fully working correct I already added to my shard and all the players love it! i am also making a addon for players and adding to your vendor it is a wine rack and a keg holder!! i hope i can get it right!

Is there a animation in uo for the kegs to be turned on there side so i can store them right on the rack? I am pretty sure thee isnt but i thought i would ask!

Attachments

• Admin NightFox_11-5_21.39.jpg
    Admin NightFox_11-5_21.39.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 51