RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wincrafting v1.0.0

dracana

Sorceror
Maintenance Release to add Pre-AOS support

UPDATE Dec. 8, 2005
I finally decided to setup a Pre-AOS test server so I could add a bit of Pre-AOS support into this system. I found a few bugs and they are fixed in this new release. My original post has been updated with this new version. Following is a list of the changes...

FIXED: Winegrapes.cs - Wine grapes will now show the variety and amount on single click (for Pre-AOS), instead of "grape bunch : ##".
FIXED: BaseCraftWine.cs - Bottles of wine will now show the vinyard and variety on single click (for Pre-AOS), instead of "bottle of wine".
FIXED: BaseGrapeVine.cs - Grapevines will now show the variety on single click (ALL).

Please download the zip from the first post and replace the older version.

Cazruzult

Wanderer
Loving this :D I wonder if you could add a part to make wines ferment more with age, from 1 week to 4 weeks then would be too bad to drink, or if you had the option to add more sugar and less grapes or less sugar and more grapes to make fruity/dry wines? :3

dracana

Sorceror
Cazruzult said:
Loving this :D I wonder if you could add a part to make wines ferment more with age, from 1 week to 4 weeks then would be too bad to drink, or if you had the option to add more sugar and less grapes or less sugar and more grapes to make fruity/dry wines? :3

I am planning on extending this a bit in the near future to have the wine age and to require testing during fermentation. I had not thought of the fruity/dry wines thing, that sounds fun!

I am working on getting my new shard up and running now, after that, I will start working on these changes :)

TMSTKSBK said:
I'm'a have to try this...*hic*
You haven't even tried it and you're drunk already! LOL. Let me know what you think.

Joeku said:
Joeku.BestFriend = dracana.Serial;
Now that is a good looking line of code :p
Thanks

Another good expansion my players been asking for is, to have champagne crafting. It would probably be pretty easy, but you could make it to where after you bottle it it needs to wait for a certain amount of time again then pop the cork to remove the dead yeast, and re cork it as a finished product. Of course this means corks should be needed :)

dracana

Sorceror
MetallicSomber said:
Another good expansion my players been asking for is, to have champagne crafting. It would probably be pretty easy, but you could make it to where after you bottle it it needs to wait for a certain amount of time again then pop the cork to remove the dead yeast, and re cork it as a finished product. Of course this means corks should be needed :)

Good suggestion. I will keep that in mind on my next release. I will have to find a good itemid for a cork... any suggestions?

Thx:)

dracana

Sorceror
Bug found in WineCrafting, here is the fix...

*URGENT*

Unfortunately I have found a small bug that places grapevines onto the Internal map. This happens in AddGrapevineGump.cs when a vine is place in an invalid location. I never deleted the vine object, thus it was left in the Internal map.

I have updated the original post on this thread with the updated files. To fix, either download and install the zip from the original post or...

1. Open up Winecrafting\Gumps\AddGrapevineGump.cs in a CSharp/Text editor.
2. Go To Line 211, which should be...
Code:
string addnotice = "Invalid Target";
3. Add the following just before line 211...
Code:
vine.Delete();
4. It should now read...
Code:
vine.Delete();
string addnotice = "Invalid Target";
5. Save AddGrapevineGump.cs
6. Restart your server.​

Now, you will want to remove any Grapevines from your Internal map.

To view them first use...
[global interface where BaseGrapeVine Map == Internal​

Take note of the count!

Now delete them using...
[global delete where BaseGrapeVine Map == Internal​
If the count is correct to what you noted earlier, accept to delete.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

dracana

Sorceror
bryant said:
i added the fix for vines and when a house is deleted the vines are still there?

Sorry for delay in responding bryant, I somehow missed this post.

Anyways, I will look into a fix for this and post once done.

thanks

seanandre

Sorceror
Hey Dracana! VERY nice system ;) This is great. Now my players will once again have something to do LOL!

I was wondering though. What do I have to change in this script if I wanted the time it takes for a wine keg to ferment? I was thinking maybe it would be better to make it so the players can start bottling the wine in say 1 day instead of 7.

dracana

Sorceror
seanandre said:
Hey Dracana! VERY nice system ;) This is great. Now my players will once again have something to do LOL!

I was wondering though. What do I have to change in this script if I wanted the time it takes for a wine keg to ferment? I was thinking maybe it would be better to make it so the players can start bottling the wine in say 1 day instead of 7.

Thx!

To change this look in WineKeg.cs (under /items/food). Look for the line
Code:
		public static readonly TimeSpan CheckDelay = TimeSpan.FromDays( 7.0 );

just change the 7.0 to 1.0.

I been using this for a while now myself, but the main issue players seem to have is, they can't place it anywhere but inside their houses. is there any way to allow for a version that will let players build their gardens, outside their houses, or on farm tiles? or garden deeds, like the Harvest System uses? Just allowing them the freedom of placeing them on any farm tile would help out alot.

dracana

Sorceror
MetallicSomber said:
I been using this for a while now myself, but the main issue players seem to have is, they can't place it anywhere but inside their houses. is there any way to allow for a version that will let players build their gardens, outside their houses, or on farm tiles? or garden deeds, like the Harvest System uses? Just allowing them the freedom of placeing them on any farm tile would help out alot.

There are parameters you can change in VinePlacement.cs, that will allow players to place vines outside there house. The default values for these only allow in house placement.

AllowPlayerYards - (default = false) - Option if your shard allows players to build outside their house foundation. Currently set to allow players to place within 5 tiles of house
AllowAllHouseTiles - (default = false) - Option to allow players to place on all house tiles or only on dirt or vinyard ground addon.
AllowAllYardTiles - (default = false) - Option to work when AllowPlayerYards is true. To allow players to place on any type of tile or only on ground and dirt tiles.

To allow players to place outside, but near their house, simply change AllowPlayerYards to true.

To increase the yard size to something larger than 5, change all of the 5's in the following code segment (in VinePlacement.cs...
Code:
					if( loc.Y > m_From.Location.Y+5 || loc.Y < m_From.Location.Y-5 ) //Change the dimensions of the yard HERE
					{
						m_From.SendMessage( "This is outside of your yard. Please re-try the placement" );
						return false;
					}

if( loc.X > m_From.Location.X+5 || loc.X < m_From.Location.X-5 ) //and HERE
					{
						m_From.SendMessage( "This is outside of your yard. Please re-try the placement" );
						return false;
					}

If you really want to allow players to create vines anywhere on your shard (on farm, dirt, etc.), comment out the code above, set AllowPlayerYards to true, and leave AllowAllYardTiles = false.

Hope this helps :)

seanandre

Sorceror
dracana said:
Thx!

To change this look in WineKeg.cs (under /items/food). Look for the line
Code:
		public static readonly TimeSpan CheckDelay = TimeSpan.FromDays( 7.0 );

just change the 7.0 to 1.0.
Thanks Dracana, I made the change. It works.

I also wanted to know how to use the Keg Storage Addon and bottle racks. I mean are these just for decoration, because maybe it's me, but when I try to put kegs and bottles on these things, they always either go back into my pack for the bottles, or the kegs don't fit correctly on the racks, they go behind it or something.

dracana

Sorceror
seanandre said:
Thanks Dracana, I made the change. It works.

I also wanted to know how to use the Keg Storage Addon and bottle racks. I mean are these just for decoration, because maybe it's me, but when I try to put kegs and bottles on these things, they always either go back into my pack for the bottles, or the kegs don't fit correctly on the racks, they go behind it or something.

I actually didn't create the addons (masternightmage did), I included them in package though, since they fit the theme :). After looking at script, it appears that they are decoration only.