RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women......the 300 sided rubix cube

Yiffi

Wanderer
Ok but sometimes you have to go with what the person meant more then what they actually said.

When one uses euphemism, expect euphemismistic responses. Which is what he did, and exactly what he got in return.

no point in explaining logic to a dunce.

I'm the one having relationship trouble. But I'll take your advice, guess it's pointless explaining it to you.

Courageous

Wanderer
ping[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE] (p
ng) Pronunciation Key

n.
  1. A sharp, high-pitched sound, as that made by a bullet striking metal.
  2. See knock.
Does one have the wit to see the metaphor? One wonders.

C//

Ortanith

Wanderer
I do not see any point in the topic really
any kind of generalization be it sex or color of skin is just a load of bullshit really

Its like saying "well hes a man so anything he does is just a pissing contest"
or "well she is a woman so she cannot drive safely"
I could go on including ones about race but I find them all to be bullshit because no one unique person can be defined by any generalization

Courageous

Wanderer
any kind of generalization be it sex or color of skin is just a load of bullshit really

"Men are stronger than women".
"Men have superior spatial skills when compared to women".

"Women have superior language ability when compared to men."
"Women can multitask better than men."

"Men are more prone to aggression than women."
"Women are more outwardly emotional than men."

*caugh*

All of these are facts, hint, hint.

C//

Viago

Knight
Courageous said:

*caugh*

C//

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Courageous again.

:(

Yiffi

Wanderer

Not if you don't state your sources. All they are is many quotes taken out of context.

Does one have the wit to see the metaphor? One wonders.

Please, please look up the word metaphor to clairfy the meaning, so that you can see the difference between that and a euphemistic insult. Of which it doesn't really work considering you can't hear me. And using the sentence "one wonders" is so badly out of place. I know your trying to insult me with this. But asking if I wonder if I have wit is hardly what you meant to say.

As to the word ping, yes it is a sound, there are a few other definitions out there as well. But I was replying to Radwen in that instance when I used the computer term.

Also since you started this whole spelling shit on a forum. Learn to spell cough...

If all you have left are insults and telling me how "manly" I am for having an opinion that disagrees with yours without fear of expressing it. It makes you look like a male chauvinist that is too weak willed to accept the fact that sometimes people see something a different way. I accept that you have a different opinion then mine, but I do disagree with it for my life. As I had mentioned before, whatever works for you. The idea of a man that has been expressed here is not something I ever wanted. Also not one I have heard many women express.

Ortanith

Wanderer
Courageous said:

*caugh*

C//

None of these are facts(merely biased studies if you research into it I am sure you will find that out) you need to understand what the word "fact" means
now goto dictionary.com and post it or wherever you go

Oh and for the strength thing thats false it should be
"Men have more upper body strength, Women have more lower body strength"

Oh and what I was talking about was nothing to do with physical bodies...
oh and for the men being more aggressive check again that is different from culture to culture from the psychology classes that I have taken

actually everything listed save the strength thing depends alot on culture

Courageous

Wanderer
Ortanith said:
Oh and for the strength thing thats false it should be
"Men have more upper body strength, Women have more lower body strength"

LOL.

"Women have more lower body strength."

What a complete lie.

As to the spatial, language references, these come from the cognitive science community, in which I am trained, and hold a degree. You?

C//

Courageous

Wanderer
Yiffi said:
...all you have left are insults...
We can dish it out but can't take it. To be expected, eh? You wet your own bed, Yiffi, don't complain about the wet sheets. Change them yourself.

As for the metaphor, I can now see that you cannot see it.

FYI, the reference to behaving manly might have been a ping on others and not you, and referring to you as having spine was no insult.

C//

Johabius

Knight
Anti-Basic said:
I swear ya'll are getting worse than Me and WarAngel.
qft! I was about to come to this thread and say the same thing, but dammit you beat me to it. Agree to disagree Courageous and Yiffi, and leave it at that.
Generalizations are not always a bad thing, they let us know what we might encounter when dealing with certain situations.

Radwen

Wanderer
Lol maybe proportionnaly women have stronger lower bodies but proportions don't really matter in the end do they?

If lets say a bird has a tiny brain that can operate 20x better then ours if it were the same size .. doesn't mean they are more intelligent. In the end we are still more intelligent then the bird. The bird is more effective with what its got but if more effective does less in the end because theres not enough of it .. well it doesn't give better results.

What courageous said doesn't need scientific back up. It's just common sense.
In general, both sexes have those advantages and disadvantages. Women are better at some things and men at others.

Just think of it. Lets say about men having a better spacial skills.
Think of our past and our evolution. What did women do? Work around the base. What did men do? Hunt.
Men did much more long distance travelling then women, because thats what their jobs required them to do. In long distance travelling you really need to develop strong spacial skills or else you get lost and most probably die. Therefore men had to develop strong spacial skills.
Why do men have weaker multi tasking skills then women ?
Well most jobs men did for a LONG time during or evolution (like hunting) were jobs that needed all their concentration. So they only did one thing at the time. Hunting with a spear is no vacation folks.
Women on the other hand had tons of smaller tasks to do. Therefore they learned to do more things at the same time.

Both sex'es are as significant as an other. BUT WE HAVE DIFFERENCES. Sometimes men are better, sometimes women are better. Its our genes. Some people escape those genes since its not every human that evolved in the same way, but in a general sense it gives about what courageous said.

Courageous

Wanderer
In general, both sexes have those advantages and disadvantages. Women are better at some things and men at others. Both sex'es are as significant as an other. BUT WE HAVE DIFFERENCES.

This is correct. Generally, we are different. There are many exceptions. There are a great many exceptions. Human populations are highly differentiated. That's neither here nor there.

I find it amusing that a single soul would object to my advice to behave like a man. That's a laugh. Would they prefer that a man should behave like a woman? Now there's an optimized dating strategy for you! *laugh*

Someone doesn't like my advice to behave diplomatically? They think, then, that you should behave undiplomatically? Interesting stuff!

And so forth. By and large women actually like men. Why not err on the side of caution and simply be one?

If one misinterprets this as an excuse to act like a jackass, well, that's one's own problem.... it's certainly not my problem.

And so forth.

C//

Radwen

Wanderer
Anyways, the samurai said that the appocalypse will come when men become women.

BE A MAN *said with a chinese accent*

(see Russel Peters, you tube him if you don't know him.)