RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlPoints

okyzan

Wanderer
ohh artegordon i tried this script and this is AWESOME!! you are my god :) thank you very much.
but when my player killed in the game he didnt autores why is that?
and in the gump it says forfeit for him
why is that?
and is there a way to being blessed about a period of time when killed?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
ohh artegordon i tried this script and this is AWESOME!! you are my god :) thank you very much.
but when my player killed in the game he didnt autores why is that?
and in the gump it says forfeit for him
why is that?
and is there a way to being blessed about a period of time when killed?

make sure that you went through xmlspawner installation step #6. This is required for the system to register kills.

STEP 6: (recommended but not required)
To allow the XmlQuest killtask keywords KILL and KILLNAMED to be applied to players providing a contract kill system, one line must be added to ReportMurderer.cs (Scripts/Gumps/ReportMurderer.cs) as described below (note, you dont have to make this mod if you dont want to, the spawner and other items will work just fine without it, the KILL and KILLNAMED features simply wont work when specifying players as the targets).
This is also required to allow the attachment system to register kills (through the OnKill or OnKilled methods). Some addons such as XmlPoints require this.

around line 64 of ReportMurderer.cs change

Titles.AwardKarma( g, karmaAward, true );

to

Titles.AwardKarma( g, karmaAward, true );
// modification to support XmlQuest Killtasks of players
Server.Items.XmlQuest.RegisterKill( m, g);

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
in the games can the players give kills to players which are killed them?

Players will be given pvp points for kills during the games depending on these settings which can be configured for each game.

Code:
        public override bool AllowPoints { get{ return false; } }   // determines whether kills during the game will award points.  If this is false, UseKillDelay is ignored

public override bool UseKillDelay { get{ return true; } }   // determines whether the normal delay between kills of the same player for points is enforced

Players cannot get murder counts for any consensual pvp activity within the system (duels and games). If they are then you have not installed things correctly.

okyzan

Wanderer
this script is great.i tried in my shard and everybody very loved it but.in my shard lost of the players are in factions.and in the system the faction skill lose is working.can we disable the faction skill lose in the games?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
this script is great.i tried in my shard and everybody very loved it but.in my shard lost of the players are in factions.and in the system the faction skill lose is working.can we disable the faction skill lose in the games?
hmm. I dont use factions so I will have to check into that and get back to you.

okyzan

Wanderer
this faction thing is a very big problem for the shard that using factions.because when they killed their skills get lose about a period of time so they cant make action good without skills.In the game it have to be disabled :(

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
this faction thing is a very big problem for the shard that using factions.because when they killed their skills get lose about a period of time so they cant make action good without skills.In the game it have to be disabled :(

Try this.

In playermobile.cs around line 1647 at the end of the OnDeath method, change this

Code:
			Faction.HandleDeath( this, killer );

to this

Code:
			if(!XmlPoints.AreChallengers(this, killer))
				Faction.HandleDeath( this, killer );

okyzan

Wanderer
ok i make this chances.tonight i am going to test it and say the results to you.one more question arte.
can you describe me how the 1vs1 challange works.
i think there isnt coundown in this game like 10,9,8...2,1 fight!
and when the pvp finished are the players teleport to area from which they were before the challenge.and in the pvp arenas of the challenge like jhelom fight pit.is there a automatic region in there.because itsa public place.what if a mage come near to arena and cast spells to pvpers?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
ok i make this chances.tonight i am going to test it and say the results to you.one more question arte.
can you describe me how the 1vs1 challange works.
i think there isnt coundown in this game like 10,9,8...2,1 fight!
and when the pvp finished are the players teleport to area from which they were before the challenge.and in the pvp arenas of the challenge like jhelom fight pit.is there a automatic region in there.because itsa public place.what if a mage come near to arena and cast spells to pvpers?

The countdown is not currently implemented but is on the list of things for the next release.

When pvp is finished players are teleported back to where they were before the challenge.

If you want to prevent interference from other players, you need to set up a region in your fighting area. This is not done automatically.

If you would like challenge game region rules to apply to both games and to 1-on-1 pvp duels, you can modify the ChallengeGameRegion.cs like this

Replace the AllowHarmful and AllowBenificial methods with these

Code:
		public override bool AllowHarmful(Mobile from, Mobile target)
		{
			if (from == null || target == null) return false;

// during a challenge games or 1-on-1 duels, restrict harmful acts to opponents
			return XmlPoints.AreChallengers(from, target);
		}

public override bool AllowBenificial(Mobile from, Mobile target)
		{
			if (from == null || target == null) return false;

// during a challenge game, beneficial acts on participants is restricted to between team members
			if (XmlPoints.AreInAnyGame(target))
				return XmlPoints.AreTeamMembers(from, target);

// restrict everyone else
			return false;
		}

this should restrict all harmful and beneficial pvp activity to duels and games in the ChallengeGameRegions

okyzan

Wanderer
can you list the rules of challange game region

i wll make this change that you give but whats that exactly for example in the ctf match.partipiants cant pvp with each other?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
can you list the rules of challange game region

i wll make this change that you give but whats that exactly for example in the ctf match.partipiants cant pvp with each other?

The rules are simply that only participants in the game can engage in harmful acts against one another.

Beneficial acts are limited to members of the same team.

If a challenge gauntlet has been placed, before a game is actually started (while it is being organized), no one can harm anyone else.

okyzan

Wanderer
today i organized a deathmatch game in my shard.i put the region stone and set the bounds but i think it didnt worked.because they can loot each other.and when i went out of the bound it didnt said me you have left the region etc.and the other thing is i used your code chances for the faction skill lose .ok it works.in the game lots of players skills dont lost but some of my players are still says their skills get losed :(

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
today i organized a deathmatch game in my shard.i put the region stone and set the bounds but i think it didnt worked.because they can loot each other.and when i went out of the bound it didnt said me you have left the region etc.and the other thing is i used your code chances for the faction skill lose .ok it works.in the game lots of players skills dont lost but some of my players are still says their skills get losed :(

If it is not telling you that you left the challenge game region, then you should check to make sure that you actually have the points attachment.
If you do have the points attachment and it is still not giving you the message that you are in the game region, then check the region priority.

If you are placing the game area in green acres, or somewhere that already has a high region priority, you may have to increase the priority of the challenge game region.

Just do a [props on the challengeregionstone and increase the ChallengePriority.
Then do a [where, and it should report that you are in a ChallengeGameRegion. If it doesnt, increase the priority until it does.

okyzan

Wanderer
yes the arenas are in the green but in ctf i used the stone and it works.but it didnt work in the deathmatch.whats the first thing to do .adding the gaunlet or stone?and what are you saying about the loot and faction lose problem?and whats the points attachment?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
yes the arenas are in the green but in ctf i used the stone and it works.but it didnt work in the deathmatch.whats the first thing to do .adding the gaunlet or stone?and what are you saying about the loot and faction lose problem?and whats the points attachment?

All players must have the points attachment. Attachments are what the system uses to keep track of the pvp information for each player. You add the attachment to existing players with the

[addallpoints

command.
To add the attachment to new players, you must follow the installation instructions.

A player that does not have the attachment is not in the system.

The region stone only needs to be placed once. Once you have defined the region, you do not have to do anything with it again.

If you have placed the region in green acres, then you need to increase the priority of the region (try 160).
You can tell which region has priority by doing a

[where

and seeing what region it reports. If it doesnt say "your region is Challenge Game Region", then you need to increase the priority by setting the ChallengePriority property on the stone.

After that, you will start games by placing a gauntlet within the region.
Unless you have altered them, all of the games started within the region should follow the same region rules.

okyzan

Wanderer
but i have all the arenas for the games.for example if the game is ctf than the arena is the ctf arena i put the region stone there and set the bounds.if the game is deathmatch then the arena is different.i remove the stone from the ctf arena and go to the deathmatch arena and put the stone to there.
and the all of my users have the points attachment.i didnt do anything wrong.

ok now i fix the issue by making the prioty 160 now it says left msg and enter msg ok.
but now the region is set so will there any loot be in the game now?
and what about the skill lose?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
but i have all the arenas for the games.for example if the game is ctf than the arena is the ctf arena i put the region stone there and set the bounds.if the game is deathmatch then the arena is different.i remove the stone from the ctf arena and go to the deathmatch arena and put the stone to there.
and the all of my users have the points attachment.i didnt do anything wrong.

It is probably a difference in region priority. You need to make sure that when you define the region that it has a high enough priority, otherwise it will not work.

To test it, just use the [where command when you are standing within the region bounds and it will tell you whether you have successfully created a working ChallengeGameRegion

(edit)

If you made the modification to the OnDeath method that I mentioned earlier, you should not experience faction skill loss during games.

The default corpse looting policy in Challenge Game regions is that only the owner may loot their own corpse during games.

okyzan

Wanderer
ok now it works.thank you very much arte.my last suggestion is that when the games ended players still can make harmfull effects each other.can we set the harmsfull effects disable when the games finished?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
ok now it works.thank you very much arte.my last suggestion is that when the games ended players still can make harmfull effects each other.can we set the harmsfull effects disable when the games finished?

it should not be necessary, but you can try to add this back into the AllowHarmful method of ChallengeGameRegion.cs

Code:
            // if a challenge game is present but not in progress, then disallow any harmful acts
			if( ChallengeGame != null && !ChallengeGame.Deleted && !ChallengeGame.GameInProgress)
			{
				XmlPoints.SendText( from, 100104 );  // "Harmful acts are not allowed before or after a Challenge Game."
				return false;
			}

so it will look like

Code:
		public override bool AllowHarmful( Mobile from, Mobile target )
		{
            if(from == null || target == null) return false;

// if a challenge game is present but not in progress, then disallow any harmful acts
			if( ChallengeGame != null && !ChallengeGame.Deleted && !ChallengeGame.GameInProgress)
			{
				XmlPoints.SendText( from, 100104 );  // "Harmful acts are not allowed before or after a Challenge Game."
				return false;
			}
		// during a challenge games or 1-on-1 duels, restrict harmful acts to opponents
			return XmlPoints.AreChallengers(from, target);
		}