RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlPoints

okyzan

Wanderer
but arte you are wrong this codes you gave already in the default ChallengeGameRegion.cs :)
but they can still fight when the games finishes..i thing the games that i played today havent got region so they fight with each other when the game finished.but the codes you give is not an exta they are still in the default system :)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
but arte you are wrong this codes you gave already in the default ChallengeGameRegion.cs :)
but they can still fight when the games finishes..i thing the games that i played today havent got region so they fight with each other when the game finished.but the codes you give is not an exta they are still in the default system :)

That mod that I mentioned will only apply to games that are actually held within the region. There is nothing that stops players from fighting outside of games otherwise.

If they could fight before the game, then they will still be able to fight after the game.

Only holding the game within a controlled region can change that.

okyzan

Wanderer
with xmlpoints player can earn points from the normal pvp in the shard.i want the xmlpoints only work in the challange games.how can i do that?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
with xmlpoints player can earn points from the normal pvp in the shard.i want the xmlpoints only work in the challange games.how can i do that?

look in the CanAffectPoints method in XmlPoints.cs around line 2080 and simply uncomment the line mentioned

Code:
			// uncomment the line below to limit points to challenges. regular pvp will not give points
			//if(!inchallenge && !assumechallenge) return false;

okyzan

Wanderer
thanks arte you are the one :D
my last and very important question is
how can i add newduel arenas to the [challenge 1vs1 games
i looked at the code
i think its in here
new DuelLocationEntry("Jhelom Fighting Pit", 1398, 3742, -21, Map.Felucca, 14),

i understand this lines but whats the 14 means?
and when i add a new duel arena to here.has it got the challenge region rulez automaticly?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
thanks arte you are the one :D
my last and very important question is
how can i add newduel arenas to the [challenge 1vs1 games
i looked at the code
i think its in here

i understand this lines but whats the 14 means?
and when i add a new duel arena to here.has it got the challenge region rulez automaticly?

The last number is the DuelRange

from xmlpoints.txt

- added the ability to specify multiple locations for the TeleportOnDuel feature. The duel location can be selected by the challenger when a challenge is issued. Locations that are currently occupied (any player found within the DuelRange of the location) are indicated in red. Occupied locations cannot be teleported to.
Entries can be added to the DuelLocations list that is found in the beginning of XmlPoints.cs. The DuelRange is the range used to determine if the location is occupied.

So the range should cover the actual dueling area so that it will be able to detect anyone that might already be in there.

If you want the dueling area to be under certain regional rules, you have to set up the region yourself. Adding a DuelLocationEntry doesnt do that for you. It just gives the player that option for teleporting.

okyzan

Wanderer
so you say that there are no region rules in the jhelom fight pit too
how can i know my new dueal arenas range?:confused:

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
so you say that there are no region rules in the jhelom fight pit too
how can i know my new dueal arenas range?:confused:

there are only region rules in place if you have placed a region. The points system does not define any regions automatically.

You can always determine what region is in effect at a given location by using the [where command when you are standing at that location.

You will have to figure out the range by measuring your duel arena. It is measured as the distance in tiles from the duel location that you entered.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
can you describe the range by giving the jhelom fight pits range?

using the location 1398,3742,-21 the range is 14.

Just go to that location, walk to the walls, do a [where and then do the calculation of the distance.

(edit)

you will know that you have it right if you can go to any location in your arena and try to start a challenge. That arena should be listed in red as already occupied (since you are standing in it).

okyzan

Wanderer
ok arte thanks very much.
today iam going to organize lms game in my shard
but theres a very wrong rule in this match
"Players are automatically resurrected after being killed in the match by default. This can be changed by setting the LastManStandingGauntlet AutoRes property."

in lms this must be default off and the killed person should go out the arena :(if they can auto res how how will a player stand last?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
ok arte thanks very much.
today iam going to organize lms game in my shard
but theres a very wrong rule in this match
"Players are automatically resurrected after being killed in the match by default. This can be changed by setting the LastManStandingGauntlet AutoRes property."

in lms this must be default off and the killed person should go out the arena :(if they can auto res how how will a player stand last?

they are ressed but they are no longer in the game after being killed once.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
can we send the killed players to a specified area?

The system does not move killed players by default. You would have to add that to the OnPlayerKilled method in the specific game script.
Moving them is easy, it is just that there is not currently a property that you can set to specify where to put them.

okyzan

Wanderer
can you give the code please?
for the lms match
if you can give the code for sending the killed players for lms match
then i can make it for the games that i want.you can set the area by your self i can chance it later.

okyzan

Wanderer
ok i think i made it by my self
Code:
   public override void OnPlayerKilled(Mobile killer, Mobile killed)
        {
            if(killed == null) return;

if(AutoRes)
            {
                // prepare the autores callback
                    Timer.DelayCall( RespawnTime, new TimerStateCallback( XmlPoints.AutoRes_Callback ),
                    new object[]{ killed, false } );
            }

if(TeleportOnDuel)
                {
                    // teleport back to original location
                    Timer.DelayCall( TimeSpan.FromSeconds(7), new TimerStateCallback( Return_Callback ),
                        new object[]{ killer, killed, m_StartingLoc, m_StartingMap } );
                }
is this true arte?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
can you give the code please?
for the lms match
if you can give the code for sending the killed players for lms match
then i can make it for the games that i want.you can set the area by your self i can chance it later.

Code:
        {
[color=red]
			// move the killed player and their corpse to a location
			// You have to replace x,y,z with some valid coordinates
			// Using the values below, they wont be moved anywhere
			int x = killed.Location.X;
			int y = killed.Location.Y;
			int z = killed.Location.Z;
			Point3D killedloc = new Point3D(x,y,z);

// do the actual moving
			killed.MoveToWorld(killedloc, killed.Map);
			if(killed.Corpse != null)
				killed.Corpse.MoveToWorld(killedloc, killed.Map);
[/color]
            if(AutoRes)
            {
                    Timer.DelayCall( RespawnTime, new TimerStateCallback( XmlPoints.AutoRes_Callback ),
            }

ArteGordon

Wanderer
okyzan said:
ok i think i made it by my self
Code:
        {

if(AutoRes)
            {
            }

if(TeleportOnDuel)
                {
                    // teleport back to original location
                    Timer.DelayCall( TimeSpan.FromSeconds(7), new TimerStateCallback( Return_Callback ),
                        new object[]{ killer, killed, m_StartingLoc, m_StartingMap } );
                }
is this true arte?

this will not work. There is no starting location for challenge games, only for duels.