RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Random Fact of the Day

Hammerhand

Knight
The distance between the Sun and the Earth is 93 million miles, written in exponential notation as 9.3x10 to the 7th power (the lil 7 wouldnt work right) miles. But it only takes the light & heat radiation approx. 8 light seconds to reach the earth. Imagine being the poor cop that had to write THAT speeding ticket. :D

jhs59

Sorceror
Hammerhand;765007 said:
The distance between the Sun and the Earth is 93 million miles, written in exponential notation as 9.3x10 to the 7th power (the lil 7 wouldnt work right) miles. But it only takes the light & heat radiation approx. 8 light seconds to reach the earth. Imagine being the poor cop that had to write THAT speeding ticket. :D

Now imagine that the sun suddenly ceased to exist. It would appear to us to still be shining brightly in the sky for another 8 light seconds.. Also.. because nothing can move faster than the speed of light, we would continue to orbit the non-existent sun for at least another 8 light seconds because gravity can not move faster than the speed of light. Crazy!

Radwen

Wanderer
jhs59;765014 said:
Now imagine that the sun suddenly ceased to exist. It would appear to us to still be shining brightly in the sky for another 8 light seconds.. Also.. because nothing can move faster than the speed of light, we would continue to orbit the non-existent sun for at least another 8 light seconds because gravity can not move faster than the speed of light. Crazy!
or 7 earth minutes.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Arkad;764821 said:
Mariah Carey has a vocal range of 5 octaves, the average singer only 3.

Amazing!... I never knew.

Of course, I never wanted to know... But still interesting in one of those obscure never going to need to know type ways.

GreyWolf.

Vorspire

Knight
Zaphieon;765077 said:
yep, the little emo kids like you that still live in there mama's basement.

You keep calling me emo, lol, and you on't even know what it means.. I'm blatently not emo haha, i don't live in my mommas basement either, because in the UK, we don't have basements you moron.

Like i said, i have a nice apartment in downtown Newcastle while my fiancee is selling her apartment on the sea-front. so go fuck yourself you donkey raping shit-eater.

You're only 8 yer older than me, you're not exactly a man either, ginger fuzzball more like it, you're a twig, i want to snap you.

anybody

Sorceror
jhs59;765014 said:
You don't study science much now do you?