RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2D Client Item and Spell hotbars for RunUO 2.0 or 2.1

tass23

Page
Does anybody have a lead on where I can get some script for item and spell hotbars for the 2D client?
I'd like something that allows you to drag the spells to the bar, either auto-expanding, or with a gump interface. I know the 3D client has a spell hotbar, and that's similar to what I'd like to do. Not sure where to even begin at this point. Anyone got any suggestions on this, or even a script I can modify? I appreciate any and all help on this topic.

LordHogFred

Knight
I'm pretty sure something as dynamic as you are looking for is not possible without client modifications.
The closest thing I can think of is for you to have a look at the Staff Toolbar by Joeku. This allows you to customise a toolbar to perform various commands. If you combine this with some of the command based macros available (such as cast spell, drink potion and bandage self commands) you should be able to create a toolbar that will work how you want.
Hope this helps.

tass23

Page
Adjusting the staff toolbar for player use isn't going to work the way I want it to. Is there a way to access the code from the KR client, which has hotbars, and add it to the 2D client? Taking a look in my install directory for KR, all I see are UOP files.

tass23

Page
Well if I can take the code from the enhanced client and adapt it for the 2D client, that's kind of what I'm wondering. There has to be a way to add hotbars to the 2D client UI. Like the hotbars are containers within the players backpack. Could a container inside the backpack be conigured to "hold" spells and such?

tass23

Page
Right, I was thinking of using a packet sniffer to try and get the code that way, but if you can just create a container with the ability to hold spells, items, equipment, etc, that'd be much easier. How are some of the other free shards able to implement this?

Jeff

Lord
the code doesnt come over in packets... the code is compiled into the assembly. Some servers implement this with gumps as 1 person has already suggested in this thread.

Vorspire

Knight
I did it with Gumps and pagination on my shard, but the code is too integrated into my server to post a working plug and play version.

Just use Gumps,

tass23

Page
Now that makes sense! I've been pounding my head against my desk for a week on this, knowing it can be done, seeing it's been done, but I never thought of just using gumps. Thanks for the idea Vorspire! Now I've got a direction to go in :)

Vorspire

Knight
You won't be able to provide a drag and drop feature for the icons unfortunately, so you will have to provide some means for adding/removing icons from the hot-bar :)

tass23

Page
Well the one version of this I experienced, it used a simple gump interface where you had all your spells listed and you just clicked "add" and they were put onto the spellbar. As for the item bar, well, that one was drag and drop, however, it can be done the same way as the spellbar, once I get that far. I just downloaded GumpStudio to start designing the interface. Next step would be to start cracking the code so it works....I think I'd rather have a red hot poker shoved someplace instead lol

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
You could make it sorta drag and drop. Make the gump container driven. But not open-able as a container. Sorta like what you mentioned, but gump driven too. I suggest looking into the transmodifcation (or w/e it's called) box in the socket system as an idea of how to do it.

tass23

Page
Okay James, you just lost me...transmodification box?
Going off what Vors said, I have to actually make two gumps for the spellbar. One to add the spells to the bar and another for the bar itself. I wish I could just tell you guys where I saw this, that might help, but it's not one of the liked servers round these parts :(

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
It's a box that lets people create/mod items by matching the right recipes up in the box. It allows one to add stuff to the container, and then displays it's info in this gump that it opens. You could make a similar container that held the actual spells. Then make a gump that is driven by the container. It would know which spells the player had by checking the container for the spells that are in it.

The box which I speak of is part of the XML Sockets system here in the releases section. It should be a good starting base to get some ideas on where to start with your creation.

tass23

Page
Awesome, thanks James! I'll get right on this :)

Edit: I tried to install the XMLSockets package that Arte posted, but I got a huge list of compiling errors. I'm regretting installing and setting up the SA-Project SVN with RunUO 2.1 4059. Lots of the custom scripts I can't get to work, and that's another one to add to the list. :(

Vorspire

Knight
You could use a special container that would allow players to drop spell scrolls into it to add their spells to the gump, or remove them by taking the scrolls out.. that way you don't need to make a back-end gump for adding/removing.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
You could use a special container that would allow players to drop spell scrolls into it to add their spells to the gump, or remove them by taking the scrolls out.. that way you don't need to make a back-end gump for adding/removing.

That's pretty much what I explained in my past two posts...