RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 things you do in real life that warns you that you play to much Ultima Online

RoninGT

Sorceror
LMAO I did once say to a group go guys who wanted to fight me not to gank LOL.. god i need to take up baskit weaving.

Ronin

Heres one I do all the time *sighs*

I have a million of them, things I do all the time that lucky since I live on a small 14 by 7 mile island, no one notices, but I do and feel moronic.

If Im say, looking at buying a new car, Ill turn to my sister and be like " This mustang is 14K, but the Lancer is 12K, but I like the mustang better" and she looks at me completely dazed having no clue what a K is....

when you lose your shoes and ask anyone if they have seen your "sandals"

when you call your jacket "Robe"

when your beach cooler is full, and you tell people, use another cooler its at its item limit.

when you get in a fight, and on their first punch you say " you hit like a newb"

When you meet a geek you call them a trammy!!! thats a bad one ( has done it)

God Id keep going but my nephew is attacking me with a new toy bat he got today (whack whack whack) I better wrap this up before I get a concussion!

Nephew's Bat with Concussion blow, thats a great UO idea !!! (jk)

Take care all

Father TIme

irro

Page
RoninGT said:
5 things you do in real life that warns you that you play to much Ultima Online.

5. If you refer to a black horse as a nightmare.
4. When you cut someone off in traffic and yell out the window "You got pwned!".
3. You refer to "Placing" a house rather than "Building" a house.
2. You walk into your bank and yell out "balance".
1. While at walmart you have the uncontrolable urge to snoop the handbag of the lady in front of you...

Sad part is these are things that myself and family who has played UO Has done IRL... Hell when my mom broke her arm and the docs gave her moraphine... she was telling him she had to kill the blood elemental...

Post more if you have them LOL

Ronin

I hate waiting at the bank.. how nice would that be...

WarStoke

Wanderer
lol
i got one for you...
how many of you play on shards with the .c for shout .g group and .f for faction ect
well i cought my self the other day in an im convo with a friend who dosnt play uo every im i sent .f <msg>
or .c <msg>
lol
and those of you with family members with sticky fingers dont you wish you could yell "I wish to secure this" at your wallet or door and the offending family member would be unable to open it

Tynsdale

Wanderer
My mom, dad, wife, and younger brother have play UO for almost 7 years. My brother is currently in jail for stealing because he has a meth problem. Anyway he would steal whatever he could get his hands on from my parents house and every once in a while they still discover something is missing they didnt previously realize was gone. A couple days ago they just noticed their digital camera was missing and when mom was telling my wife about it I over heard her say, "you should of had more secure containers."

When Im training new guys at work I call them noobs or reffer to them as the noob or the noobs.

When someone pisses me off my first thought is of a long spear and that *ching* sound.

I live in south east kansas and we get road kill critters ALL the time. Whenever I see them my first thought is carving them for hides and raw ribs.

Whenever I see police cruisers I think, "this must be a guarded region."

I always think about *squelching* my bosses at work because they woulnt stop spamming in caps.

If real life was uo I'd be red.
I would hide outside of walmart with a poison field spell on the door while armed with a vanq short spear. Blessed of course.
I would wait for people to open strange doors so I could follow them and loot their corpse then tell their ghost Ill res after I finish looting.
I would open strange doors for people to places like Fort Knox but really were to a small island where my friends were waiting.
I would leave runes at walmart that say "FREE STUFF" but went to the same small island where I and the same friends waited.
My kids would run around in white robes and bone helms screaming COR POR!
I would live as close to a server line as I possably could.

Krystyl_Rose

Wanderer
WarStoke said:
lol
i got one for you...
how many of you play on shards with the .c for shout .g group and .f for faction ect
well i cought my self the other day in an im convo with a friend who dosnt play uo every im i sent .f <msg>
or .c <msg>
lol
and those of you with family members with sticky fingers dont you wish you could yell "I wish to secure this" at your wallet or door and the offending family member would be unable to open it

I have that problem frequently... I will be talking to someone in IM's and also be working on my shard at the same time and I will end up typing [c <message> into my IM window :p

whats worse... I was playing on a player character on my shard testing something and forgot what character I was on (this was before I found out about the nifty staff stone) and I typo'd [ass <whatever the item was> found myself in jail! ROFL

Rabban

Sorceror
You know you play UO too much when you...

... try to eat an entire chicken leg by double-clicking it (tapping it twice)

... dress up as a UO character for halloween or you try to look like your character every day

... try to log out of the real world

... build your dream house to look like your UO house

... want to name your kids after your characters

... are drunk and you *hic* often

... try to buy a horse so you don't have to run around everywhere

... are with your non-UO playing friends and they don't understand you half the time (or do)

... get a little nervous upon remembering that none of it is real and will in no way help you in life

... go to the bank and are shocked to learn that you don't have 300k

... are late for work or other engagements cause you have to find a safe place to log out, are participating in a quest , or have just gotten killed and are trying to get your stuff back.

... wander if your hungry or not , cause you've not seen any messages saying You are Starving.

... see birds land in the yard or what not, and are thinking there is 25 feathers.

... see a rabbit in the yard , and You Yell RUNNNN FOR YOUR LIFES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... think of items, dead plants, ect. decaying instead of having to be cleaned up, or decomposing.

... are playing Taboo, Scategories, or some other word related game with friends and you try to describe it using UO related terms and items.
("You're on this when you go from the bank to the mages shop." "You know that thing in your house that is very prominent." "Do you remember when we were hunting and that one baddie was shooting you from afar with his...")

... turn down every female you meet because they don't have the same physique as the female in the character window.

... watch your character macro instead of TV.

... look at your roof and think Rel Por and then kick yourself because you don't have any bloodmoss or mandrake root.

... learn and write frequently in the Ultima Alphabet.

... are hungry and you want fresh food, and you fumble through the crap around your desk looking for your spell book, garlic, ginseng, and mandrake root.

... scribble on a peice of paper then think that'd be a great graphic to have in UO but then remember how much of a pain in the butt it is to figure out how to add it to the mul files.

... wish you had a rune to mark in your girlfriend's room so you can come visit whenever you please... But then ask yourself what you were thinking because obviously the anti-magic field would block the spell.

... think of items, dead plants, ect. decaying instead of having to be cleaned up, or decomposing. (I once bought a rose and put it on my girlfriend's car's windshield at night, and I asked a friend, "Do you think the rose will decay by morning?")

NOTE: Some of these are my original thoughts and or experiences, but others were found on other websites.

Marak

Sorceror
When your on the phone and hold down your index finger each time you go to say something(middle mouse button down on team speak)

i loved that one above roflol

Yeah its definitly saying LOL irl and typing [ch in instant messenger programs.

Starting to call people noob, only cause my best mate plays uo aswell. Two of us just have a laugh doing it. But I do find myself saying it to other mates.
Calling people trammies... lol Im gonna try and get him doing that now... hahaha

Zyle

Wanderer
Marak said:
When your on the phone and hold down your index finger each time you go to say something(middle mouse button down on team speak)

i loved that one above roflol
Oh man I do this all the time.... can be quite embarassing when you're actually ON teamspeak and a bunch of people hear half a random phone conversation :rolleyes:

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
I say "l. o. l." in real life all the time, and wtf and omg.. but everyone knows what i'm saying anyway, so I figure it's ok.. this chick I know goes "hehe" from playing UO so much, but i'm glad I don't.. and one time I said to my friend "trying to train med?" because he was drunk haha, don't know why I said that but it's kinda funny :rolleyes: I think the worst thing ive ever done is wake up thinking that I could unattended macro work that day :eek:

p.s. how much does it suck that you can't ctrl+shift, single-click, and get a full inventory from a clerk at wal-mart while four tiles away and outside of the building?

Candle

Sorceror
my all time favorite.

You see a dead tree and avoid it thinking its a reaper ( i caught myself driving on the wrong side of the road once to keep my distance from a dead tree)

And you see a lamppost and consider stealing it

And finally, you no longer fish in real life because its not as fun as UO fishing :)

Ankron

Wanderer
Another necromancer is in our midst

Candle said:
You see a dead tree and avoid it thinking its a reaper ( i caught myself driving on the wrong side of the road once to keep my distance from a dead tree)

And you see a lamppost and consider stealing it

And finally, you no longer fish in real life because its not as fun as UO fishing :)
You find some one posting to a thread that hasn't been posted to in 3 months and call it a "resurrection" and call the poster a "Necromancer".

Congragulations Candle, you resurrected a 3 months dead post. You are now a Necromancer.:eek::D

Obsydian

Wanderer
This topic stinks with rotten flesh ;). But as it's been resurrected anyway, I'll add my part ;).

Well... One of the main differences between normal people and UO players is the answear to the question: "Why do we need a cemetery?" A normal person would answear: "To bury the dead", but the player would say "To kill undead".

But the reaaaaly biggest difference between normal people and UO maniacs is that normal people have girlfriends and rl friends ;).

Regards
Sid

milt

Knight
Mines well add to it since it's already been done...

Sometimes I'll be on TeamSpeak and the phone at the same time, and when I am talking to my friends I will keep pressing my hotkey at the same time to try to talk... It can be quite embarassing, because everyone is like WTF is he talking about?

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
Lol

you know you play to much uo when buy a sword irl and consider youself a GM swordsmen!
you know u play to much uo when you get into a fight irl, and mutter spells! "Kal vas flame!" LOL then yell out "pwnt newb!" ive seen this done! LOL!

you know you play to much uo, when you see someone doing the same thing irl over and over and ask them if they are macroing! lol!

you know you play to much uo when you cry when someone beats you in PvP *or pk's you!*

you know you play to much UO when you try to go upto a random animal irl and try to tame it!

you know you play to much UO when you walk into a tailor shop and ask if they have any BoDs ready! LOL

you know you play to much UO when you would rather own a llama *or horse* then a car!

you know you play to much UO when you tell a person he has no skill and should Quit UO! *when they aren't even playing it!*

you know you play to much UO when you get offline and find out it's friday, and you got on wensday!

you know you play to much UO when a person starts a fight with you and you ask him what kind of duel he wants "Pure mage or lame dexxor shizit"

well, this is my posts and P.S. a Mare! is a type of female horse, and some very very black ones are considered Night Mares, because of they're color :p sorry to burst that bubble!

Ankron

Wanderer
Obsydian said:
This topic stinks with rotten flesh ;). But as it's been resurrected anyway, I'll add my part ;).

Well... One of the main differences between normal people and UO players is the answear to the question: "Why do we need a cemetery?" A normal person would answear: "To bury the dead", but the player would say "To kill undead".

But the reaaaaly biggest difference between normal people and UO maniacs is that normal people have girlfriends and rl friends ;).

Regards
Sid
:confused: I seem to be missing a few important lessons on what it means to paly too much UO... wait nvm, I don't play, I admin/script. Does that count?