RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 things you do in real life that warns you that you play to much Ultima Online

Dogbert-Osi

Wanderer
Ankron said:
:confused: I seem to be missing a few important lessons on what it means to paly too much UO... wait nvm, I don't play, I admin/script. Does that count?
oh no....you script...omg...thats even worse! didn't you hear! you go bald after 4 years! O_O~ NOOOO!!!

:p J/K

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Obsydian said:
But the reaaaaly biggest difference between normal people and UO maniacs is that normal people have girlfriends and rl friends ;).

Ahh, but what if your rl friends play UO too? Isn't that why they invented home networks? Wait, that was for lanning Doom. . . .(and I don't mean the dungeon!)

And I know of at least 1 UO Addict with a girlfriend. . .but man does she get PISSED when he goes champ spawning or something. . . :D

Courageous

Wanderer
I thought installing UO on your work computer was done because you needed to learn about all the third party pixel digestion techniques developed by the open source community. "Corporate technological intelligence," yeah, that's it.

C//

Joeku

Lord
Courageous said:
I thought installing UO on your work computer was done because you needed to learn about all the third party pixel digestion techniques developed by the open source community. "Corporate technological intelligence," yeah, that's it.

C//
What a fun way to say "slacking off" :rolleyes:

Courageous

Wanderer
Hey, I spent four months evaluating commercial 3d terrain engines. And then I found WorldWind. It's a NASA product to view the world like Google Earth. It's written in C# using managed DirectX. Check it out: http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ So now, does anyone reallllly have to know that C# and DirectX are fun? Nawww.

C//

Candle

Sorceror
Ankron said:
You find some one posting to a thread that hasn't been posted to in 3 months and call it a "resurrection" and call the poster a "Necromancer".

Congragulations Candle, you resurrected a 3 months dead post. You are now a Necromancer.:eek::D

Still a funny thread no matter what. I like that title i'll put it in my sig :)

sicron

Sorceror
WickedShedevil said:
Is it that horrible to install uo on your work computer? maybe but you know your addicted when you do.

Is it still bad if you dont install it on your computer, but remote desktop to your home computer to check on macros your running :confused:

Is it still bad if you dont install it on your computer, but remote desktop to your home computer to check on macros your running

maybe..... just dont get caught. As an employer, im sure they wont appreciate it, but thankfully i own my own buisness and i call it my "lunch hour".

Minth

Wanderer
heh.. I've done something like that. One time I was lighting a bonfire with my friend who I've played UO with since LBR. And anyway, we went through all the recycling bins we could find, and gathered up aluminum cans. Then we tried to smelt them and make ingots. Unfortunately we didnt have enough ingots to make a suit of armor. Lol, good times, good times.

Cyndrz

Wanderer
Mine is always when I am shoping and when people get in my way and I want to teley over them or when the rude cashier smirks at me and I tell her she is lucky that I am not carring my spellbook. I wont mention the daydreams of the lightning bolts coming out of the sky at just the right moment.

Greystar

Wanderer
Cyndrz said:
Mine is always when I am shoping and when people get in my way and I want to teley over them or when the rude cashier smirks at me and I tell her she is lucky that I am not carring my spellbook. I wont mention the daydreams of the lightning bolts coming out of the sky at just the right moment.

*Casts Summon Daemon* *targets nearest shopper counting pennies*
*heads to beginning of line as everyone else scatters*

PappaSmurf

Knight
Here's my 5

Here's my 5 things....

Pappa Smurf top 5 tell tell signs he plays UO too much starting at 5.

5: You Dream that you are your UO character
4: Your UO account outlasted a marriage
3: Your Ex-wife started playing to "spend time with you"
2: Your Current Girlfriend is jealous of your PC
1: All your IM programs have screen names to match your UO character and the entire "buddy lists" for those programs is made up of UO buddies.

merker

Wanderer
No We Cant

Originally Posted by Cyndrz
Omg can't we all just let this die
This is a funny thread and its had me laughing all night, so i must say a few ways to know if you play UO to much

...you play UO to much if you wake up and get mad cause you got disconnect while macroing.

...you play UO to much if you often find yourself trying to hide in your dreams (always happens).

...you play UO to much if
think to yourself while watching TV "i know i wouldn't get attacked by that bear like that, i would just peacemake it.

...you play UO to much if you think you're going to get fatigue cause you're carrying to many stones.

...you play UO to much if
every time you go to bed and say goodnight you instantly think of a pure nightmare.

... you play UO to much if you find yourself talking to the wrong person on msn because you have 200 UO contacts on your buddylist (always happens).

... you play UO to much when you wake up screaming at your brother to tell you where he put your Towns Runebook

... you play UO to much when you go to the store and ask the clerk for 20 apples so you can finaly bond your animal.

i've posted just about everything i thought of and its about 7:12 AM, so i'm going to sleep, Enjoy the post :D

Keeping this thread alive, since the year 2005.

viront

Sorceror
You know you play to much UO if you scream 'I ban Thee!' at your friends when they start eating your hard-earned fishsteaks.

You know you've played to much UO when you can't leave your house due to your fear of being PK'd.

You know you've played to many RPGs if you try to tick more than one large weapon in a backpack (or maybe even one for that matter).

Jeff

Lord
You know you have played to much UO if you can come up with a you know you played to much UO joke...