RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 things you do in real life that warns you that you play to much Ultima Online

Elsa

Wanderer
Ultima Online Language

I started teaching myself how to write in Runic back in 7th grade (i'm outta school now) and i still remember it. My best friend and old room mate, diana, and i were the only ones that knew our 'secret' language.

I still write in Runic if i have something i want to express privately because i dont trust the english language in a journal. Or if i wanna start up conversation ^.-

i already know i play too much UO. But i do have a job, and i've got a husband now which i got back when i finished 9th grade and we're perfectly happy and both military! *an no, he's not a geek either*

there's a story for ya. ^.-

and just for the record-- i still think of black horses as nightmares; i've said "Laugh out loud" & "Laughing my ass off"; i've said "In Vas Mani" and "Corp Por" kindof as an inside joke to friends; i pitched a fit when my mom took the internet down so i couldn't play anymore(back in 2002-2003); I've thought/dreamed about actually "taming" a wild random creature (mostly horses); I refer to my crafting skills and such in real life as 'Newbie', 'Novice', 'Grand Master', 'Legendary', etc. and sometimes wonder where i'd be at if i were in UO; I think of the old hunts i used to go on w/ my guild whenever i hear Enya's 'A Day Without Rain' cd -- I used to listen to it all the time when i played UO; I also like hearing the Old UO songs and remembering stuff that happened in UO years ago, like Trinsic's Song - that used to be my guild's meeting town-- on top of the tall bank; And i still want a black horse of my own (preferably with orange/red hair around the hooves/nose/tail) so i can call it "Nightmare"

i've played UO since right before i turned 13 and i'll be 20 next month :D
there's my $.02 ^.-

Edit: I've never tried to do the ingot/make armor/weapons thing-- but now i think that'd be alot of fun!! Tin Cans you say ?? hmm... very interesting!!!

Zaknafrien

Wanderer
laughing

when you think of using incognito and go change clothing before you beat up some one who likes you as a friend.
when you go to a dinner with your boss and wonder where you put your poison.
When your at a conference and wish you could set a macro and just walk away.
You know youve been staff to long when -
you fregot your report and try to [add one.
your following some one and think of the [who menu.
some one asks for something and you want to kick them for rule breaking.

I've tried Recalling home from work to avoid 5 o'clock traffic. Several people at work still think im weird and want to know what the hell "Kal Ort Por" Means....i had been pretty much playing nonstop for 4 days with maybe 9 hours sleep when this happened tho...i started hearning trinsic music during math class...then the incident at work, not cool. This has also happened with grand theft auto also...i kept hearing 80s music all day shortly after vice city came out. its a good thing there wasnt a gun or bat nearby, cause i was really out of it. Loss of sleep with too much gaming can cause some notso good Delusions

I also frequently refer to freshmen as n00bs but thats just for fun.

Alari

Wanderer
merker said:
...you play UO to much if you often find yourself trying to hide in your dreams (always happens).

... Or you think you can hide in the middle of the street while wearing neon-colored clothing? :>

Keep the thread alive! ^.^

One of my new co-workers plays UO, even has it installed on the work computer. Now I wish I had my shard in some kind of playable state so I could show it off. =P

MortaSita

Wanderer
You know you play to much uo when your at the after thanksgiving day sale at wal-mart and wish you had a rune marked for electronics

You know you play to much uo when you make blueprints for your uo house

You know you play to much uo when you try to "stealth" into the house after being out all night

This next two I have done
You know you play to much uo when you deco for a party you wish you can go into customize on your house

You know you play to much uo when you look at your mom/dad/husband/wife and say "Lets deco the house with mid evil deco"

And finally
You know you play to much uo when you run out of smokes and wish you could craft some ;)

MortaSita said:
You know you play to much uo when your at the after thanksgiving day sale at wal-mart and wish you had a rune marked for electronics

You know you play to much uo when you make blueprints for your uo house

You know you play to much uo when you try to "stealth" into the house after being out all night

This next two I have done
You know you play to much uo when you deco for a party you wish you can go into customize on your house

You know you play to much uo when you look at your mom/dad/husband/wife and say "Lets deco the house with mid evil deco"

And finally
You know you play to much uo when you run out of smokes and wish you could craft some ;)
I made semi blueprints for my houses...both on uo and the sims...graph paper and planned it out...made sure i had enough money etc. Does that mean I'm an addict?

pacolaco2

Sorceror
Congrats Mortasita, you're a necro!

anyways, I remember this thread hehe.

You know you play too much UO when you have memorized the entire map (I have, I can run everywhere, sailing, thats another matter, no landmarks.)

You know you play too much UO when you wish you could firefield those damn prickers that cut your legs.

You know you play too much UO when you wish you could "Vas Ort Flam" your teacher then "Corp Por" and "Vas Flam"

You know you play too much UO when you think about dressing up as your UO character for halloween, or any day for that matter.

pacolaco2 said:
Congrats Mortasita, you're a necro!

anyways, I remember this thread hehe.

You know you play too much UO when you have memorized the entire map (I have, I can run everywhere, sailing, thats another matter, no landmarks.)

You know you play too much UO when you wish you could firefield those damn prickers that cut your legs.

You know you play too much UO when you wish you could "Vas Ort Flam" your teacher then "Corp Por" and "Vas Flam"

You know you play too much UO when you think about dressing up as your UO character for halloween, or any day for that matter.
You think bad, naughty things about your teachers, paco.

You know you've played to much UO, When you realize you play to much..LOL:p

Or you hide the screen from people saying "No, I'M NOT PLAYING UO" in a loud, being defensive voice...LOL

NiteStar

Wanderer
Is it a bad thing to daydream of burnt out automobiles because the drivers tick you off and delay you getting home? I have a tiny dream of flame striking the drivers that really get to me LOL

Hummm

UO RoadRage????

:eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

madphatboy2

Wanderer
I was driving down the road one day, kind of in a stupor. I thought to myself, it's ok if I crash and die, I will just go find a healer.
That's when I knew I needed help. :D

Zziggy5000

Wanderer
Woot

It was in High School a dude had "+10 blacksmithing" written on a black T-shirt was one of the coolest T-shirts I have seen.

otimpyre

Sorceror
You will know

You will know you play to much UO when you die and run to the nearest church trying to get a res.

hobbs420

Sorceror
Ok e1 this is a sign that we have lost touch with reality but screw reality it sux...........
I drive from KCK to iowa all the time and there are a lot of open fields and im telling you i have found places i could place a castle and tower its irritating would some1 just place them already

everytime i get rdy for a rd trip the first words to mind are Vas Rel Por

while in the bar fights from my navy days i used to the marines or whoever it was that night that there ganksquad was a bunch of noobs that got pwned

i tried the whole balance thing at the bank but then they asked a bunch of questions that sucked too

Truth is i spend all my time in UO and im not sure what other stupid things id do irl if i went outside LMAO

Nozgo1

Sorceror
play too much????

Well, back in the day(6yrs ago) my wife and I used to play UO every day. After about 2 yrs of playing, we had our 7 yr old daughter come up to us @ our desks, with her doll, and our 5 yr old sons T-rex. We decided we were gonna stop playing so much when this little girl looked @ us and said "Mom, Dad, look....Barbie is riding her Osty to the bank!". And this girl had never played the game. That is a true story. We played less and less after that and shortly there-after, we just stopped playing all together.