RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Script Pack 1.0

Vidi

Page
Ok this is getting silly first GD13, then you too.

Lets get it clear.

I have scripted very little, but Magnus the ancient vampire is my script.

Mine. I scripted him as part of a scenario I ran over a year ago and posted all my vampires back then.

Since then, people keep claiming they scripted him. The worse part is YOU ALL REMOVED THE BEST PARTS OF HIM WHICH WAS HE WAS A CHAMP SPAWN.

So, if you want to use Magnus, then credit me with the script. Otherwise remove him.

LordDark462

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
You can move them. Each book is movable. I made these long ago when I was still learning, and at that time I did not have knowledge of how to make things move 'together'. I might put this feature in later, but most likely not. I think it's something either you can code in, or something you will have to deal with. It's not like it's hard to put them where you want. Stand 1 space south of where you want the books, making sure you have 1 space Neast and 1 space Nwest of you open for them and do the command.

I've got them ware i wanted them now but i'm sorry no you can not move them. i don't want them to move togetheri want to be able to place them in a normal rune libary made with benches and the like.

nore can i lock them down. giving out a set of books would b e good idea make a quest for it first person to complete a certen number of each of the leveled maps would be a good thing.

wonder if any ones ever made a normal rune libary (for all facits) for all the towns and stuff i hate having to load up pandora's box just to go some ware while i'm testing out my templates

LoeZ

Wanderer
Yup their not movable when placed, but too hard to use "[set movable true" to all?
Can't be that hard.

georox

Wanderer
open script
Movable = false;
Happy? now whine somewhere else. Its scripted as it is, he doesnt have to change it to your liking.

Cole

Wanderer
Small bug with ChampionSpawn.cs

If a player is in Lich Form (or any other form, other than human) and dies, their body goes poof.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Cole said:
Small bug with ChampionSpawn.cs

If a player is in Lich Form (or any other form, other than human) and dies, their body goes poof.

indeed, that can be dangerous.

I had planned on working on a way to eliminate this within the [red (redeem) command on my shard (cause players can redeem other players corpses if they had switched forms)

that fix should work for this too.

It involves adding an unmovable item to the players pack when they die, if the item is on the corpse, it cannot be redeemed or the spawner will not delete it.

you can do this if I take too long.

A_Li_N

Knight
Vidi said:
Ok this is getting silly first GD13, then you too.

Lets get it clear.

I have scripted very little, but Magnus the ancient vampire is my script.

Mine. I scripted him as part of a scenario I ran over a year ago and posted all my vampires back then.

Since then, people keep claiming they scripted him. The worse part is YOU ALL REMOVED THE BEST PARTS OF HIM WHICH WAS HE WAS A CHAMP SPAWN.

So, if you want to use Magnus, then credit me with the script. Otherwise remove him.

Vidi, I apologize profusely. I did not mean to claim the script, and if I did so, it was only because I have had this script for a long time (sense I first saw it), AND because it was 2am when I was posting the Pack :D I do not, however, have any champ spawn. I will remove him if you want me to, since he's available elsewhere, and since all i did to him was tweak him to fit into the balance of my shard. All I really need to post are the two weapons, but since I had forgot that I did in fact download Magnus with other things, I posted him as well. Here are my two options :
1. Delete it from pack
2. I can put in a small header that you made it and I edited it, and also post the praise in the main thread.

You decide and I will do so :)

A_Li_N

Knight
KillerBeeZ said:
indeed, that can be dangerous.

I had planned on working on a way to eliminate this within the [red (redeem) command on my shard (cause players can redeem other players corpses if they had switched forms)

that fix should work for this too.

It involves adding an unmovable item to the players pack when they die, if the item is on the corpse, it cannot be redeemed or the spawner will not delete it.

you can do this if I take too long.

Would this require modifiying the PlayerMobile script? *Cringes* lol...shouldn't be too hard, just would have to find the Death method and do what you said. Making the item not movable and invis. I might work on this. Check back by sunday...if it's not there by then, go ahead and do it yourself.
Also, if I have permission, I could add the support to the Redeem script, since I have that as well...and add it to my Pack.

A_Li_N

Knight
LordDark462 said:
i shouldn't have to do that.
Apologies to you LordDark462...I thought they were movable...it's been a while since I've actually USED these things lol. But like LoeZ said...set them to movable in game, or what georox said...set them to movable in the script.

I believe the reason I put them to not movable is because I had a hella time getting them organized how I wanted on creation. And if they are movable, they will decay. So, yes, you should have to do that.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
A_Li_N said:
Would this require modifiying the PlayerMobile script? *Cringes* lol...shouldn't be too hard, just would have to find the Death method and do what you said. Making the item not movable and invis. I might work on this. Check back by sunday...if it's not there by then, go ahead and do it yourself.
Also, if I have permission, I could add the support to the Redeem script, since I have that as well...and add it to my Pack.

yes in the OnBeforeDeath() is where it would go, its fairly safe in that there will be nothing that will mess things up.

non movable is a must, you can make it invis if you like, it wont affect the script.

this is actually an easy thing to do.

I'll check back, Sunday

the redeem script is not mine, but you don't need permission for it, mainly because the script doesnt need to be posted, just the changes, which is just a check for the item on the corpse.. same with any type of script that deletes corpses.

LordHogFred

Knight
Can I just ask a question. How does the interest system work exactly?
I have put it in and all my characters have bags but no one has got any interest money in their banks. How do I specify when the money is given out?

Chz :),

Vidi

Page
Like I said man I dont mind you redistributing it as long as credit is given.

its just Ive seen several people distributing him without credit AND the best part of him has been removed. He was supposed to be like a champ spawn that gave tokens instead of gold with a baseboss goodies timer.

A_Li_N

Knight
LordHogFred said:
Can I just ask a question. How does the interest system work exactly?
I have put it in and all my characters have bags but no one has got any interest money in their banks. How do I specify when the money is given out?

Chz :),

As stated, there are comments in the script to change when the interest given. Current time is the hour of 11pm.
All you have to do is put the scripts in. If they have a bag, they should be getting at least ONE gold each night.

A_Li_N

Knight
Vidi said:
Like I said man I dont mind you redistributing it as long as credit is given.

its just Ive seen several people distributing him without credit AND the best part of him has been removed. He was supposed to be like a champ spawn that gave tokens instead of gold with a baseboss goodies timer.

I will put your name in the script and on the main post. I do not, however remember anything about a goodies timer or anything like that. That is most likely because I modified him a long time ago. I have problems with so much gold being thrown around on my shards that I probably removed it. And when I first modified him, my tokens were both blessed and not "Dropping" on the creatures corpse, so I probably took out the code for the tokens dropping on him.
I'll update the script / post now :)

Thx

Thanks for submitting these scripts. I was really interested in the interest system. I wanna try to incorporate it in the UO credit card script. The addons are always a gem to have. Oh and the Stat/Fame Chip....can't wait to add that to my events. What other scripts are u hiding from us? lol Thanks again. :)

A_Li_N

Knight
Other scripts....hmmmm :D A few that I havn't decided whether or not to release yet :D Including a Yard and Garden system, and a full spell book that has all 5 schools of magic. Mage, chiv, necro, druid, cleric.

As well as some more that Im working on atm. Keep on the lookout for script pack 2 :D

Jebbit

Wanderer
The script seems to be working great for the champ spawner. I see it after the main mob appears dropping gold and tokens. ( yes I have tokens on my shard ). but no tokens are dropped. it says something like dropping 28000 gold....dropping 3200 tokens....and the gold drops just fine. Maybe a prob with the tokens being blessed?

Just to clarify, I have mobs moded to drop tokens on death so they appear on the bodies and your script is grabbing it from the corpses, just not dropping it when its supose to. any ideas?

A_Li_N

Knight
Did you happen to pick up all the gold? I believe it can drop both gold and tokens on the same space...maybe one got hid under the other...I'm testing it out some more now just to make sure.
Also, did you use my script, or did you edit your own?

A_Li_N

Knight
I just did a champ and the tokens dropped fine on mine. And they weren't covered up at all. Report back to me about what you did with the script..if you edited yours, or used mine. And we'll go from there.