RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Script Pack 1.0

Himura!

Wanderer
Hrm, about the deleting corpses..
Another thing to do is have an item (Invis/non-movable) given to them on character creation (edit the char creation script). Have a line telling the deleter to check for this item, and, if it's in the corpse, not delete that body.

Just an idea and I figured it'd be easier than the on-death, cause then it would make a new one each time you die, right? This one lasts forever.

A_Li_N

Knight
Himura! said:
Hrm, about the deleting corpses..
Another thing to do is have an item (Invis/non-movable) given to them on character creation (edit the char creation script). Have a line telling the deleter to check for this item, and, if it's in the corpse, not delete that body.

Just an idea and I figured it'd be easier than the on-death, cause then it would make a new one each time you die, right? This one lasts forever.

Good idea, except one big flaw with it. If they die, the item would have to be on their bodies. And if they didn't grab their body at some point, the item would decay as well. OnDeath would be better. All you would have to do is place a check. If item exists, do nothing, else add item. This way, they would have the item on their bodies at all times. (And no, I havn't gotton around to adding the required code for this yet :D ) Been busy with school-work...end of term coming up quick.

On a side note, I've started work on a economy system if anyone is interested, please post some ideas as to how to make what you think would be a good way to do this. ( I have an idea, and will be working towards it untill someone mentions something better) Either PM me or post here. (Preferably PM me so this thread stays on-topic of my current script pack)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
the item doesnt need to be in their pack at all, just the corpse, besides, having things non movable in the pack takes up an item slot

Will be looking forward to the second release. I luv new spells and am currently working on some of my own to create a better balance with mage, chiv and necro. But would like to see u'rs too maybe its better than what i have. And the economy system that u are talking about would be fantastic. Like I had said adding an interest system to credit cards would be a first step. Banks giving loans for houses and other items. People using they're stuff as collateral and losing it if they don't pay. :)

A_Li_N

Knight
My spellbook doesn't have any new spells that aren't already out on the forums. It's just a book that gives you a gump with all of them in one...and allows for commands to save up to 6 spells for hotkeys (especially good for the druid and cleric schools) and I have made a 'dragable' spell icon system. Allows you to position an icon for each spell, which is saved to the book. (will load after server restarts and everything) I had in mind an addon to this particular system that would support 3 different 'icons' for each spell, one would be the normal spell icons, one would be a symbol, and one would be the label of the spell. I just havn't made a list of symbols for the over 100 spells. (Something like a flamestrike for flamestrike, a fireball for fireball, etc. If any of you have ideas as to what would be good for each, please PM me with the name of the spell and the itemID of the symbol. (Can be found in InsideUO) Untill later, Peace!

zero1872001

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
Good idea, except one big flaw with it. If they die, the item would have to be on their bodies. And if they didn't grab their body at some point, the item would decay as well. OnDeath would be better. All you would have to do is place a check. If item exists, do nothing, else add item. This way, they would have the item on their bodies at all times. (And no, I havn't gotton around to adding the required code for this yet :D ) Been busy with school-work...end of term coming up quick.

On a side note, I've started work on a economy system if anyone is interested, please post some ideas as to how to make what you think would be a good way to do this. ( I have an idea, and will be working towards it untill someone mentions something better) Either PM me or post here. (Preferably PM me so this thread stays on-topic of my current script pack)

Simple solution to that I believe. Just make the loot type of this item blessed. That should work. since it is invis/nonmovable. and if its blessed it doesnt leave their body. ^.^

A_Li_N

Knight
zero1872001 said:
Simple solution to that I believe. Just make the loot type of this item blessed. That should work. since it is invis/nonmovable. and if its blessed it doesnt leave their body. ^.^

Simple problem with that :D If it stays with the player when they are dead, it won't go on their corpse where it's needed for the check :p Trust us when we say it...the code would have to go into the playermobile script in the OnDeath or OnBeforeDeath methods. I'll work on it someday after finals.

zero1872001

Wanderer
Doesnt really bother me though. ^.^" I dont really care for the gold from monsters in the champ. I mean dont the players get enough gold from the champ itself? Why need monster loot. ^.^. Anyways no one i know loots the small monsters.

Jebbit

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
Did you happen to pick up all the gold? I believe it can drop both gold and tokens on the same space...maybe one got hid under the other...I'm testing it out some more now just to make sure.
Also, did you use my script, or did you edit your own?

Yes the token were under neath all the other gold piles. Seems they all drop in the same locations. Thanks for the info. I did mod it not to drop the gold that was all.

Thanks for the script it helps a ton on my smaller server.

A_Li_N

Knight
I found the simplest way of making it so the ChampionSpawn doesn't 'clean' your polymorphed corpses. "I" didnt find it actually, I just used a small snippet of code from Igon's Player Corpse Deletion Protection

To update the ChampionSpawn.cs, simply open it, go down to line 258 to this code :
Code:
if(!((Body)c.Amount).IsHuman)
and change it to this :
Code:
if( !(c.Owner is PlayerMobile) )

I've updated the script pack accordingly, but for most of you, it's a simple change in the script instead of downloading the whole thing again. Enjoy!

KillerBeeZ

Knight
A_Li_N said:
I found the simplest way of making it so the ChampionSpawn doesn't 'clean' your polymorphed corpses. "I" didnt find it actually, I just used a small snippet of code from Igon's Player Corpse Deletion Protection

To update the ChampionSpawn.cs, simply open it, go down to line 258 to this code :
Code:
if(!((Body)c.Amount).IsHuman)
and change it to this :
Code:
if( !(c.Owner is PlayerMobile) )

I've updated the script pack accordingly, but for most of you, it's a simple change in the script instead of downloading the whole thing again. Enjoy!

you've got to be kidding me... That cannot work, its just too easy to work lol, there has to be a catch ... I'll try it out. Thank you for the code, if it does work, it will fix a lot of problems.

zero1872001

Wanderer
KnightAGS said:
I copied it from a post on Orbsydia who hosts and developes UOArchitect. It was then made into an addon via the compiler.

Don't get me wrong Alien, your a good scriptor and Kudo's to you for your original stuff. If you'd like to come back to "Realm Life as it should be", (the shard that we began together which I host) please feel welcome. Hope to see you on and good luck with your finals.

You have any more good buildings then? I really enjoyed the temple. it add's some rp feeling to the shard.

akrondar

Wanderer
:rolleyes: I think you should not do that, unless you submmit your own work from Orbsydia... If anyone wants their work, i think they must go to their site, download, say something nice to the original autor, maybe post a construction, and then come here and make your own deed, with the great addon script made by Arya, or by your self.

PS: If it is of your own work, forget what i suggest. :D
PS2: Sorry for my bad english :confused:

KillerBeeZ

Knight
akrondar said:
:rolleyes: I think you should not do that, unless you submmit your own work from Orbsydia... If anyone wants their work, i think they must go to their site, download, say something nice to the original autor, maybe post a construction, and then come here and make your own deed, with the great addon script made by Arya, or by your self.

PS: If it is of your own work, forget what i suggest. :D
PS2: Sorry for my bad english :confused:

I agree here, if it is not your work, please do not repost it, besides, why post them here? there is no need, there is a HUGE collection already at Orbsydia, no reason to have them in 2 places.

IF you have your own buildings to submit, I'd say do it there, where the rest of them are.

A_Li_N

Knight
KnightAGS said:
Would you rather search out all of these one by one like I have or would you appreciate being able to download a slew of them at once. And yes some of them are my originals. Sheesh, your welcome!

Ah yes...there's the KnightAGS I know. Please move these things to your post with the files in it...
Question is, did you have permission to post the ones that others made? It doesn't matter if it's a convenience to people or not. But if you want to discuss this matter more, please take it to your topic, as this thread is for my script pack only. (And yes, I am more than glad to take out the temple if you do not want it in my pack.)

I *love* the interest system but I've come across one problem... it's not exactly a problem persay... but it's a little frustrating at times. When the interest calculates over 60k, it drops in the same pile... so you can have a pile over 60k. I haven't fooled with anything in the script as I'm relatively new.

Great script though... will definitely keep it in my shard. :D

A_Li_N

Knight
*Ponders* 6 mil in the bank :D

I could fix that if you want. I will be updating all of my scripts to make sure they work with the new version...I'll put a note to deal with these instances. Thanks for pointing it out!

hehe... just 6 mil? *snicker* Actually I have waaaaaaaaay more than that... that was just an instance... I noticed it when I logged on and had a pile over 100k then over 200k... heh. Was lots of fun picking it apart and organizing :p

A_Li_N

Knight
Here is the quick fix for the interest system :
Line 94 :
int interestToGive = (int)totalGold/100; //Change amount to give here
Below this line, put this :
Code:
						if( interestToGive > 60000 )
						{
							BankCheck bctg = new BankCheck( interestToGive );
							toPutIn.AddItem( bctg );
						}
						else

This will make a check if the amount is above 60k. else it'll give gold.
Updated the pack as well.