RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addon Script Generator

roadmaster

Sorceror
I fixed the (stupid) error occurring when the output folder didn't exist, and also added an option to change the default output location at the beginning of the file.

Sir this is an excellent script, I would like to make a humble suggestion if i may...

In your Summary for your Custom Path:

Code:
/// <summary>
/// Set this value if you wish the scripts to be output somewhere else rather than in the default RunUO\TheBox
/// directory. This should be a full valid path on your computer 
/// ( Ex.  C:\Program Files\RunUO\Scripts\Custom\Addons)
/// </summary>

could you add to your example path to let newbies know that they will need to add a @ and " " symbols in order for the custom path to not throw an "Unrecognized escape sequence" error on compile when trying to use a custom path.

while intermediate to advanced programmers will know what this means, newbs wont.

roadmaster

Styla

Wanderer
roadmaster said:
could you add to your example path to let newbies know that they will need to add a @ and " " symbols in order for the custom path to not throw an "Unrecognized escape sequence" error on compile when trying to use a custom path.

while intermediate to advanced programmers will know what this means, newbs wont.
roadmaster

Excuse me, but I am newbie enough to not know where these go. Could you plz post a code snippet using this?

floppydisc

Sorceror
Styla said:
Excuse me, but I am newbie enough to not know where these go. Could you plz post a code snippet using this?

I don't have the script on front of me, so I can't quote from it.
But what he means is something like:

string MyVariable = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO\MyOutput";

joantinet

Wanderer
Seriously Arya, you are like a scripting goddess. You are great plus you are nice to people. I think I am going to add you on the Credits section of my shard web hahaha!

Seriously, 3 5-Star scripts in a few days... plus pandora's box... Incredible :_)

Arya

Wanderer
wraith said:
Hi Arya

I was asking earlier if it worked on Buildings/item that were frozen and you told me no., but it shouldnt be to hard. I have 2 question, 1) are you releaseing another version? and 2) if so will it maybe contain the ablity to do this?
if it yes I happen to know for sure there would be at least one VERY happy camper ;) and if not then he is still a happy camper with the script, thx lady.

Yes I'd like to do that. Don't ask me when though, might take a week or so to just fine the time to get to it :)

Styla

Wanderer
floppydisc said:
I don't have the script on front of me, so I can't quote from it.
But what he means is something like:

string MyVariable = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO\MyOutput";

That's close enough. I should be able to figure it out from here. Thanks for the quick reply.

Arya

Wanderer
I have posted an update for this script. It can now export statics as well (but it doesn't get hue information from the statics, apparently the server doesn't keep it in its tile matrix). You can also specify a Z range.

The new options can be used through a gump you can bring up by using [AddonGen without any additional parameters.

Styla

Wanderer
But does it copy custom houses? I tried it and all my stuff moved, just no walls, floor, etc. Everything hangs in the air when I activate the deed. Maybe I just missed something in one of the other posts. :confused:

Arya

Wanderer
I doubt the script will capture a house built using the housing engine. At this time it only captures items of type Static and tiles from static buildings.

Final Realms

Wanderer
Arya said:
I doubt the script will capture a house built using the housing engine. At this time it only captures items of type Static and tiles from static buildings.

It doesnt.. houses built with the custom housing system arent "statics" to the server. The one thing you can do though, is build a whole house, by adding statics like floor tiles, wall tiles, etc, and then export that custom model u built in the shape of a house, to a deed.

I use this to create custom areas, like towers etc for custom npcs, and/or custom quests to be housed in, saves a lot of decorating for large places ( thnxs for this script Arya :D )

Then if you have a static housing for sale system, you can add that deed to the game, place a static housing house sign on it, and use as a normal "static" house for players.

In one of the shards I usually play at, they have this static house system, so I guess its a script that someone must have released for them, or maybe its something truly custom. This is how id do it if I had their script.. although for me, it isnt much use such a house as i only run a for laughs shard with some friends ina home network.. so not like we are gonna run out of room ( only 5 of us play & staff there :D :D ).

Maybe some god or goddess of code could make this script? *shameles begging to Arya to make such a script system * *beg* *beg* *beg* *end shameless begging* :D :D :D :D *lol*

Hope Ryan doesnt get mad at me for this last part.. this aint a script request :D :D :D

Z

Zigler

all I have to say is.. Nice.. this must be the most useful script i have yet to come across in the many months i have been coming to this forum... i had many things i was about to script in by hand and now you do this.. *Applauds vigirously* thank you

Arya

Wanderer
Final Realms said:
Maybe some god or goddess of code could make this script? *shameles begging to Arya to make such a script system * *beg* *beg* *beg* *end shameless begging* :D :D :D :D *lol*

LOL :D Believe it or not, I was going to script this some time ago. However I believe someone else did this already in the meantime (perhaps Mortis??).

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I could tweak the script to capture houses as well... after all players can come up with some amazing buildings and some might be worth being used in the world.

Styla

Wanderer
Arya said:
On a side note, I'm pretty sure I could tweak the script to capture houses as well... after all players can come up with some amazing buildings and some might be worth being used in the world.

To us, all our creations are worth saving. My house may not be one of the more radical ones, but I spent over 40 hours decorating the interior so it looks lived in. That time alone is valuable. let alone not wanting to dupe it when I move to a better version of RunUO.

And those who have active shards will be greatly endeared to their players when they can move houses to better versions of the game.

Anything else I can say to "selflessly" induce you to code this? :D

Arya

Wanderer
Styla said:
To us, all our creations are worth saving. My house may not be one of the more radical ones, but I spent over 40 hours decorating the interior so it looks lived in. That time alone is valuable. let alone not wanting to dupe it when I move to a better version of RunUO.

And those who have active shards will be greatly endeared to their players when they can move houses to better versions of the game.

Anything else I can say to "selflessly" induce you to code this? :D

Actually I just checked and it DOES export houses. The server treats a custom house as static tiles, therefore the newest version of this script (used without any paramenter, just [AddonGen) will export the house as well as any static items within (just make sure you check both Items and Statics in the gump).

[steel]

Wanderer
Tnx again for great and useful scripts, i was here to ask for house+addon but there is people who do this bofore me, for all of us
:rolleyes:

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Just a note for 1st time users of this

when you name your addon, be sure to use only 1 word with no spaces as the script is built on it.

I'm sure about 95% of those who used this have already figured that out , just wanted to point it out for those who didn't

This is an invaluble tool, just plain wonderful. It has solved many problems on my shard.

I sell to players, items such as walls, doors, floor tiles and just about anything in the game, the problem before was that I had to actually go and make the transactions, now I just make a deed and either put it in a player vendor or in an SB script somewhere, thank you.

Also, in regards to Pandora's Box, I feel that without it, many shards would have just given up, I use it a great deal, I 1st started using it because it matched my shard name, but since found that its likely the most powerful RunUO admin tool out there... again, thank you.

Final Realms

Wanderer
Hum I just noticed something on this script. When you export a custom house ( I built a temple for paladins, with ankhs, fire pits.. very much like the old athenian/roman/egyptian temples, and included in the deco, a locked down artifact or other to add to the atmosphere.

I proceeded to export it as a addon for GM's to put in the proper location, and my surprise was great. The ankhs no longer work, the fire is frozen solid, the artifacts reverted to their base item, and the doors are unuseable, they dont open, nor do the teleporters work.

Lights no longer give light, etc.. produces same results as freezing a custom built deco.

I guess that before exporting as a addon you need to remove anything thats generated from a script, but is there some way, the script could preserve while exporting, those items and their functionality? its would be a huge bonus and save zillions of work :)

Other than that.. as Ive said before, big kudos to Arya for this.. its already reduced my hours decorating by more than half.

Arya

Wanderer
Final Realms, that's how an addon works. An Addon is a structure of items that's considered as one (therefore if you delete just one of the components, the whole structure will be removed), and it stores only the itemID, hue and light information of the items generating it.

Trilia

Sorceror
Silly question - is it possible to redeed the item after the addon has been placed? I tried all that "normal" methods, and nothing has worked *blush*