RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addon Script Generator

Arya

Wanderer
Trilia said:
Silly question - is it possible to redeed the item after the addon has been placed? I tried all that "normal" methods, and nothing has worked *blush*

Yes but only if the deed has been placed (in a house) by a player. If you do it as staff the deed won't be added to the house, and you won't be able to chop it back.

ainis

Wanderer
Some improvementes I would like to see (I'm a newbie admin):

1. Exporting/Importing selected items/statics to file, something like xml - this will avoid to recompile; and could be used to "import" structures from other programs.

2. Interactive test placement, with undo. Right now I have to "place and remove" many times until I find the correct location ... I get stuck in moving these big addons; and very often I throw them somewhere in hyperspace.

hummmmm, I'm wondering if I can add these features by myself.

Arya

Wanderer
ainis,

Placing addons is very easy, because the whole addon is considered by the server by the whole object. You can use all the [Inc commands [Set and [Remove commands on a single piece of the addon, and the changes will be reflected to the whole building.

Also you might want to check the companion script to this one: http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37925 It's a statics copier that has some of the functions you've been mentioning.

If you wish to move large buildings around your shard, this script isn't your best choice. I suggest you go to http://www.orbsydia.com/ and have a look at UOArchitect which is a program that will do what you said and more.

Santaria

Wanderer
I created a StableDeed but,

Arya,

I created a stable, piece by piece by hand, that has working gates into the stalls inside the stable. I then used the Generator to create an addon/addondeed. ( I figured, hey..some players may want to put a stable in for a fee...I can have a standard one done.)

The stable is great! It is duplicated right down to the stuff I cannot see! hehe.

Two downsides for me and I was wondering if they can be overcome or should be added after the addon is produced:

1) Doors/gates in the addon do not function and cannot be altered as they are a part of the entire static now.
2) Spawners cannot be included as they will show as objects in the static but will perform no functions as they are now a part of the static.

I love what you have provided to the community and humbly ask for your input on your creation! *Bows deeply*

Santaria :D

Greystar

Wanderer
Santaria said:
Arya,

I created a stable, piece by piece by hand, that has working gates into the stalls inside the stable. I then used the Generator to create an addon/addondeed. ( I figured, hey..some players may want to put a stable in for a fee...I can have a standard one done.)

The stable is great! It is duplicated right down to the stuff I cannot see! hehe.

Two downsides for me and I was wondering if they can be overcome or should be added after the addon is produced:

1) Doors/gates in the addon do not function and cannot be altered as they are a part of the entire static now.
2) Spawners cannot be included as they will show as objects in the static but will perform no functions as they are now a part of the static.

I love what you have provided to the community and humbly ask for your input on your creation! *Bows deeply*

Santaria :D

YOu have to create the item without doors or anything movable... then you can add them after you place the item.

Arya

Wanderer
First of all keep in mind that players can place addons only in houses. Staff can place them anywhere, but players can't.

If you want to make an addon with usable items, you must tweak the script produced by the generator and manually add doors and any other items players should be able to use. Also if you want them to be able to place it anywhere, you'll have to override that as well. Also keep in mind that the addon will not function like a house, players will be able to mark and recall inside and anyone will have access. If you want to change that as well, you'll have to apply a region too.

joantinet

Wanderer
Arya,

Would it be possible to make a modification of this script so it is good to create houses that can be sold and placed by players?

Im tired of seeing people buy custom houses without walls just like a big safe to put their stuff.

Thank you in advance,

Johnny

Arya

Wanderer
That's actually a nice thought. I'll give it a shot when I have some time... you would still need to remove the customization option from the house gump though, or people might just demolish the walls and you'd get back to the same situation.

Greystar

Wanderer
Arya said:
First of all keep in mind that players can place addons only in houses. Staff can place them anywhere, but players can't.

If you want to make an addon with usable items, you must tweak the script produced by the generator and manually add doors and any other items players should be able to use. Also if you want them to be able to place it anywhere, you'll have to override that as well. Also keep in mind that the addon will not function like a house, players will be able to mark and recall inside and anyone will have access. If you want to change that as well, you'll have to apply a region too.

The best way I've found at this point is to take and use either Mortis's Mod of Fineous's static house system I was going to post where the link could be found but its in subscribers script requests under my name. But Fineous reposted his statichousing script and I think its publicly available. Although I would love to see Arya add this into her systems since every single one of them released so far including the box (although I miss the Huepicker being built in). I have the auction system this and the staticcopy added into my shard at this point. Iwas thinking about adding in the Talk NPC as well. I was on OSI for the first time in ages and noticed something about clicking on house signs it brings up a list of vendors in the house which I thought was a nice feature... I'm going to see if houses have this feature now if not im not sure what ill do since I dont even have any Idea where to start that modification.

Greystar

Wanderer
Arya said:
:confused:

If you're talking about Pandora's Box, it does have a hue picker built in :)

Yes im talking about Pandora's Box and I must be totally missing where to access it since I cant seem to find it, but ill look again later... thanks though

Greystar

Wanderer
Arya said:
In version 2 it's in the upper left corner, right beside the menu. Click the hue itself ;)

Oh DUH I didnt catch that that was what that black square was for...

thanks... boy I really feal dumb right now.

Chandral

Wanderer
I'm sure this is gonna sound stupid, but I did an add on for a vanity. It made the script but now I cant make one using the script. LOL. What is the command for adding it? Name of file is vanity. I tired [add vanity, [add vanityaddon, everything I could think of. Am I doing something wrong?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Chandral said:
I'm sure this is gonna sound stupid, but I did an add on for a vanity. It made the script but now I cant make one using the script. LOL. What is the command for adding it? Name of file is vanity. I tired [add vanity, [add vanityaddon, everything I could think of. Am I doing something wrong?

The addon generator saves the scripts in a folder named the Box

This folder is in the root runuo directory, not scripts. Its a simple matter of moving the scripts you create into the scripts folder.

kev2000

Wanderer
Hey i was wondering if you could do the same thing but with items. you know like make the item in game the save it to a file makes it easier than having to script them all in for all those custom quest items and everything. thanx in advance

Arya

Wanderer
kev2000 said:
Hey i was wondering if you could do the same thing but with items. you know like make the item in game the save it to a file makes it easier than having to script them all in for all those custom quest items and everything. thanx in advance
Yes that's possible, but I'm not going to write such a script. While it could be handy sometimes, I feel it would also prevent new scripters from learning the basics of writing an item or npc.