RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addon Script Generator

Thistle

Wanderer
I found a little trick that allows your addon to keep set hues and to even have a named item in it. Convert all "AddComponent( new AddonComponent( 4100 ), -1, 0, 9 );" type formatting with this type:

ac = new AddonComponent( 4100 );
AddComponent( ac, -1, 0, 9);
ac.Name = "Cold Water";
ac.Hue = 1161;

This may be alot of work if your addon contains many items but it's well worth it. I made a bathtub using stair pieces, water tiles etc. and just love how it has "water faucets". wheeeeeeee

paggylee

Wanderer
Addon Generator Crashing our Shard

Hi Arya,

I have tried to use the Addon Generator 3 times and each time I get the following crash report... do you have any ideas what is going on?:

Error:
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at Arya.Misc.AddonGenerator.PickerCallback(Mobile from, Map map, Point3D star
t, Point3D end, Object state)
at Server.PickTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader
pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Crash: Backing up...done
Crash: Generating report...done
Crash: Restarting...done
Warning:
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.DateTime.GetSystemFileTime()
at System.DateTime.get_Now()
at Server.TimerThread.TimerMain()

Thank you
Peg/Kyss/Paggy

Thistle

Wanderer
Sounds like you either put illegal characters in the name of the script itself (not sure if it'll handle spaces or special characters) or it could be where the path to find "The Box" folder is. Check to make sure you're using the latest version of this scripts as I believe Arya did mention an update for that. With previous versions if you hadn't premade that folder it would "complain", I'm using the current version and it will make a folder for you inside the runuo folders. You can also override this with the current version.

Example:

Code:
[size=2]
/// <summary> 
/// Set this value if you wish the scripts to be output somewhere else rather than in the default RunUO\TheBox 
/// directory. This should be a full valid path on your computer 
/// 
/// Example: 
/// 
/// private static string m_CustomOutputDirector = @"F:\Script Holding"; 
/// </summary> 
private static string m_CustomOutputDirectory = @"f:\Script Holding"; 
[/size]

Sunshine

Wanderer
I have searched and can not find the answer so I am asking:

Is there a way to make the addons where they can be stackable?

I created a fish tank which I need to cloth to remain stacked for it to look right.

Phantom

Knight
Sunshine said:
I have searched and can not find the answer so I am asking:

Is there a way to make the addons where they can be stackable?

I created a fish tank which I need to cloth to remain stacked for it to look right.

You want to know the honest truth?

Just wait about 2 months and the next expansion will have a fish tank, will save you alot of trouble.

hi there all what a great tool. its a cool thing to use.
i used it on my player lounge, to copy the hole thing.
i didnt want it to do everything just the room and other little bit.
and in a way im glad i did it,. as my server i was working on messed up.
and i didnt want to redo it all. so i remembered i sent my player lounge to one of my staff members to show what your tool can do. so i got them to send it over. as i lost everything when i had to formatt my pc. :(
what i want to no is if i use that addon. is there things i need to do.
i no i need to add doors. ect.
but i would like it to show up on the map. if i could.
and also will players be able to go into it and use it. like it was made by me again. thanks so much :)

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
last post was three months ago, but you may want to simply rebuild your house, using that addon as an example to go by, because it won't be a usable house otherwise

dracana

Sorceror
KingSmidgens said:
last post was three months ago, but you may want to simply rebuild your house, using that addon as an example to go by, because it won't be a usable house otherwise

Agreed... first rebuild your lounge. After rebuilding, you may want to download and install UO Architect from Orbsydia. UO Architect can be used to extract your lounge area and save to a .uoa file, which can easily be edited and imported back if needed.

ok i could do that. but the addon i have is just the shell. couldnt i just add doors and other things to the addon. as the uoA i dont understand how it works, im sorry.
and also how can i make my buildings show up on the map.
i would like to use uoA but its well over me. im still getting to use of runuo.
lol
any help thanks :)

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
the addon i have is just the shell. couldnt i just add doors and other things to the addon.

Nope, an addon is just a collection of static items, NOT a house region.. however, if you downloaded a static house script, you can set the area to your "shell" and live in it, I suppose.

hi there all. oh my poor pc. i had to re formatt. lol
ok ive rebuilded the player lounge.
i used Pan-Box to import the tiles and walls.
with the roof i put tiles on top of the floor title and made them roof high.
i would like to use the shell and make it into a .cs file so i could put it back if i had to. i understand it wouldnt be use to players or anyone.
but couldnt i just add the doors and matts and so on.
for it to be usefull.

thanks all.

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
well, ok.. it all depends on what you mean by usable.. at first, I thought you were talking about a HOUSE (as in an 14x13 plot, 7x7 one-room, etc).. if you're just talking about a place that serves no purpose (not a house with secure containers or anything) adding doors should work fine, but if you just place the addon, you'll not have a housing region (the ability to lock down items, secure them, ban people, etc)

well i didnt want to make a house to the placemant tool.
i just want a place for players to goto. like a player lounge and suppy room. gate room. but i want to be able to loack things down ie seats carpets books, the spawners in the suppy room. will thay go if a player move;s them. im sorry if im a little slow. im still new to UO in all. ive been playing for 2 or 3 years, just as a player.

and everyone on here are great.
i also want to say im sorry for posting in here. as ive just seen its an archive.
so i am sorry.
if you all at Runuo want me to ill start a new post somewhere.
all the best:)

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
ok.. here it is

A House: includes a "housing region" inside of the house, giving the owner and co-owners access to "I wish to lock this down" etc.. and friends "I ban thee" etc.

A Static (what your addon is): no properties at all

of course, everything can be hued, "[set movable false" since you're a GM, but players won't be able to lock things down on their own, since it's not a houseregion that they can be friended to. Also, your addon probably won't include hues, or if they do, they'll revert after a server reboot.. not sure how to serialize and deserialize hues on addons, but if you delete the addon script after you've placed the addon, they each become static tiles.. it asks if you want to delete the "whateveraddon" and you can say yes.. btw, just incase you don't know what a static tile is, that's what your lounge was made of before.. example: static 1302 is cobblestones, 578 is a dungeon wall.. I can't really think of any other information that would be relevant to help you, so I hope this takes care of everything :p

ok i think that helps alot thanks so much. also when i put like titles down to make a carpet, when i go back onto my setting up shard, so of the tiles have gone. i dont understand.

thanks all. :)

hi again lol.
with using addongen can i like say make a rule book, or as i like to do in game for players or staff to make a story of the char.
and drop it on the floor and use addongen, to make it a addon. well to make it a .cs.

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
WonderlandADnc said:
ok i think that helps alot thanks so much. also when i put like titles down to make a carpet, when i go back onto my setting up shard, so of the tiles have gone. i dont understand.

the tiles are probably on the same z level as other static tiles, so they just stack on top of each other at random.. to avoid this, don't stack static floor tiles on top of each other

WonderlandADnc said:
hi again lol.
with using addongen can i like say make a rule book, or as i like to do in game for players or staff to make a story of the char.
and drop it on the floor and use addongen, to make it a addon. well to make it a .cs.

no you can't, as I said before, the addongen simply makes statics, not items.. if you really want to copy the books, just use the inscription skill or script the book in a .cs file