RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addon Script Generator

Rogue

Wanderer
LOVE THE SCRIPT, but couple questions....

Arya, OMGSH, this script is the neatest thing since bread and butter. I am a deco buff myself as well is most of our entire lil shard. I started using this and have built all sorts of things, from a Lighthouse (HOME), temples down to small projects like new potted flowers. It was doing THIS however that I have encountered a couple things I wondered if Arya or someone out there might have some suggestions on pretty, pretty please?

Example:
Custom made potted rose (constructed from static) using the empty large pot, some existing leafy vines and added 2-3 heads of cabbage (for the actual rose buds). I raised and lowered everything and custom dyed the "heads of cabbage" various colors from a dark red, to a yellow, to fire color, renamed the "heads of cabbage" to "Rose" and commited them. When first placed they DO retain the color changes (hues). However after the server reboots the hue converts back to the normal "green" and the name change I did on the head of cabbage to "rose" never took. I simply renamed it within game once created from deed using the [setname command. However this too did not save after a world reboot.
Questions:
1) Is there anyway to retain the hue changes of certain items within the deed?
2) Is there anyway to rename certain items within the deed?

If we could get these 2 things to somehow work, there would be no limit to what you could do with this static generator. Regardless I am still in AWE, I so much love the script and thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Regards,
Lady Rogue
(Rogues Manor Shard)

Arya

Wanderer
I just did a quick test and the hue is saved and preserved correctly in the addon. Also after saving and rebooting, the placed addon had the correct hue. If something goes wrong for you my guess would be a custom modification to BaseAddon or AddonComponent.

The name of the items is indeed not saved. I will see if there's a way I can store the name information as well.

Freya

Wanderer
Hiyas, I love this script, it works great! I've just noticed one thing, I used it to make a fishtank add on deed... but when used, the coloring fades, it's normal color after being placed, but then the next day it's faded again, redeeding works to fix it, but it fades each night again... now the add on itself doesn't do it, seems to be just w/the add on deed part... any ideas or suggestions on what can be done for this? Thanks!

Roseanne

Wanderer
I Love It Too!

This is an amazing tool. :)

I too am running in to the same situation as the last two post. I have created an item (or two) out of a combination of static and items.

Prior to using the [addongen, I changed the hue and name of every piece. Once the files were created & moved to the customs folder, I rebooted and woohoot I had fabulous new deeds & addons.

Upon placement, colors showed up fine but none of the name changes did. But then after the next server-up all hues were gone. If I "inc'd" the items, the hues came back but then again after another server up hues were gone once more....

I am an EXTREME newbie and can not figure out what to do to fix it. What in the BaseAddon or AddonComponent would I modify? :eek:

Freya

Wanderer
Me too, 1.0 server.... I haven't tried any renaming of items, just the fishtank where cloths were hued... and they convert back to reg. hue =/

Rogue

Wanderer
Ditto on the Color Hue Fading and Version 1.0

Aye, we are as well using the Version 1.0 and still color hues will fall back to the original hue after server reboots. Also like the others that followed my first post, if you place a new one it DOES have the new colors (ones set before committing) but again will fade back to original hue of 0 after each server reboot.

Lady Rogue

Arya

Wanderer
I'll look into this. I'm currently out of town for business so I don't have that much time to work on my scripts. It looks like the AddonComponent class doesn't save hue information, I'll look into it and eventually write my own addon system to backup this script.

LightAlex

Wanderer
So this script alous you to make new scripts without typing all that stuff up so what do I do how do I make thsi work?

Arya

Wanderer
Maybe you are targeting items the script doesn't support (such as anything different from Static or from static tiles).

Arya

Wanderer
Uhm you can possibly create an addon and then use the statics copy script to make a replica. Not 100% sure though, can't remember if that one captures items as well.

sirens song

Wanderer
oh my friggen god

Right now, im in the process of creating unique buildings. very detailed for my town on my custom map. (server is not on uogateway yet). So i definately plan on posting some of my works. using your very awsome script gen. I must say this script could form a whole community of sharing buildings and other addons. If only Ruo forums would put it somewhere people could find it. Ill post mine, and i hope to see other people post theirs

LindyLou

Wanderer
Error writing file...

We are currently having this problem and cannot generate any addons. We checked the script and the following is included in the script so we need a further fix for this problem.

catch ( Exception err )
{
Console.WriteLine( err.ToString() );
from.SendMessage( 0x40, "An error occurred when writing the file." );
fail = true;
}

I am also curious how after we have generated a deed of multiple items, the next day some tiles that were added mistakenly and hidden or were an underlayer are popping up above the top layer of tiles. I am not a sciptor but a user and love the script. I just don't understand how this could happen. Call me blonde, I guess but can anyone shed light on this?