RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addon Script Generator

Arya

Wanderer
That catch statement has been included to prevent your shard from crashing due to an IO error. Please check the server console and let me have the text of the exception, then I might be able to figure out what the problem is.

Chrono13

Wanderer
say i wanted the entire structure to be able to be transfered to different locations, is this possible. i am saying that i want the entire thing to open a gump that will allow me to transfer the entire thing over to different locations and such

Rogue

Wanderer
Hue and Name loss

Sorry if I missed it- but I did not see yet as to where the hue and name loss have been fixed. Have these items been fixed yet or are they to be fixed in future? I am just asking :) But is an overall GREAT SCRIPT - Thank you for posting it

KillerBeeZ

Knight
I seem to have a problem but I don't think its based on this script, rather it may be a custom script that I'm not seeing...

I have a few addons made with this script, with deeds, but I cannot use the deeds, as admin or player

it just says "that cannot be built there" even if I KNOW there is room for it.

Is this normal? or are others able to use the deeds? am I missing something that is needed to make the deeds work?

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
It works wonderfully on our shard :/. I've even made a 38x38 lag pit the has been placed multiple times. And over places where there is nor room.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
DontdroptheSOAD said:
It works wonderfully on our shard :/. I've even made a 38x38 lag pit the has been placed multiple times. And over places where there is nor room.

what script handles it?

ladyd

Wanderer
anyone know what this means?

i got this when i tried to use the addon generator, and being really knew at all this i havent a clue what it means. It crashed the shard though.

Exception:
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at Arya.Misc.AddonGenerator.PickerCallback(Mobile from, Map map, Point3D start, Point3D end, Object state)
at Server.PickTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

i think its a really great thing though :S lol if i could get it to work. probally something ive done lol

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Hues and Custom Names - Addon Gen

Does anyone know if the hue and custom names problem has been fixed, or is there a newer version Im just not aware of. I couldnt find anything doing a search for deed, addon, and addon generator. :confused:

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
I believe Arya said that there won't be much more work on the hue/name problem until August, but still, this tool is awesome - and there's soo much you can do without hues :p

Thank you so much for the tool, I was actually making multis by hand until I found this, this is saving me soo much time :D

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
OMgosh where are my manners??? Yes Arya, thank you. I apologize, but I thought she meant August of 2004 because she said that in July 2004.
-Debbie

wit22tt

Wanderer
First off I was to give MASSIVE kudos to Arya for such an awesome script. It's FABULOUS! :) One thing though, I'm a newb to scripting and this sort of thing, but if you were going to make one the multis you create with this tool into a house (give it house priority with lockdowns, house sign etc) can you just copy and paste parts of the house sign, house foundation, etc into the addon made by the tool? I have been trying to change a building I build with the deco tool in Pandora's box into a regular house (the static housing script isnt supported with 1.0.0 *so says the thread on it by spyder* Would this work to do that?

PappaSmurf

Knight
Thanks

I've been looking for something like this I've been wanting to find a way to get deeds for certian deco items that are not already in the system as rewards for players. This will really help.