RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advent Vampirica-Dark Race System v1.0

nospoon1

Wanderer
Advent Vampirica-Dark Race System v1.0

Well my friend Viniwinifii made the transform and infravision ability and 3 races, i made 2 of the races, i figured this could could be an offset of the original boring elf, half elf blah blah blah stuff, so here it is, you need to place the playermobile.cs in the mobiles folder.

Then you need to place the infravision.cs and transform.cs and racestone.cs along with the middlemobile.cs in your customs folder....

The Races Are:
Human
Werewolf-Transform Ability
Vampire-Infravision Ability
Angel
Dark Angel

Im trying to get some ideas for the angel and dark angel abilitys, im also trying to find out some new races for the Dark Race System.

Thanks Enjoy This Script!

Sincerly,
-Steve

Attachments

• MiddleMobile.cs
    2.5 KB · Views: 954
  • InfraVision.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 920
  • Transform.cs
    1.1 KB · Views: 910
  • racestone.cs
    12.2 KB · Views: 953
  • PlayerMobile.cs
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,001

jargo2000

Sorceror
Problem

My playermobile.cs did not compile, said something bout guild, any suggestions, does it work w/ the newest version of RunUO??

nospoon1

Wanderer
Eh , you have to convert it to runuo 1.0 i forget how but thats all you have to do, its definetly your player mobile

this is the line i believe you have to edit

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version

Architect

Wanderer
i think that racestone script looks lot like one racestone that was posted here before...

i don't think the serilization has anything to do with the problem occured... it is more like the bit different syntax... when i think of guild and errors "as Guild" comes to my mind in some weird way... but i'm total noob still with runuo so i might be totally wrong.

jargo2000

Sorceror
Hmmm

could someone pls help me out w/ a better explination about this, that is to let me know exactly what to change?

nospoon1

Wanderer
Im sorry i wish i knew, the racestone was made for another shard the guy that helped me on used it for, most racestones that are made look closely the same.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
nospoon1 said:
Well my friend Viniwinifii made the transform and infravision ability and 3 races, i made 2 of the races, i figured this could could be an offset of the original boring elf, half elf blah blah blah stuff, so here it is, you need to place the playermobile.cs in the mobiles folder.

Then you need to place the infravision.cs and transform.cs and racestone.cs along with the middlemobile.cs in your customs folder....

The Races Are:
Human
Angel
Dark Angel

Im trying to get some ideas for the angel and dark angel abilitys, im also trying to find out some new races for the Dark Race System.

Sincerly,
-Steve

Well, as for ideas, maybe for Angel do a res ability, heal or cure (or all). And dark maybe natural ability to raise dead. Of course if you use necro or mage tha tkinda kills the purpose. Fly maybe? Perhaps you could allow the chars to fly over water and such as a base ability then as a reg maybe grant some goodly power for reg angel and evil for dark. Maybe look into some of the other spells avilible for abilities since they are not readily availible (unless you have them on your shard that is).

nospoon1

Wanderer
kethoth said:
ummm....yeah it would kinda help to have a fix for 1.0

Well im at work for now but Jokerswild , those are some great ideas i will hopefully implement those soon and yes a version for 1.0 will be out soon, soon as in tommrow.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
nospoon1 said:
Well im at work for now but Jokerswild , those are some great ideas i will hopefully implement those soon and yes a version for 1.0 will be out soon, soon as in tommrow.

You are most welcome. I have plenty of ideas, but am clueless to scripting beyond the VERY basics. Glad to help thuogh!

Valyr

Wanderer
Few ideas

Yeah those are pretty cool ideas. Especially the flying over water thing. Had a some of my own though if ya dont mind me posting them.
For angels I thought perhaps a healing 'spell' that would affect all creatures within a set area. If they are blue it heals and if they are grey or red it harms. Perhaps you could link this into the leveling aswell so that the higher the level the character is the more potent the ability is. Perhaps aswell you could make this ability only usable once a day or something like that to balance it out a bit more.
For Darks..... Hmm.. The summoning thing works but like jokerz said it sorta follows along the necromancers. How about a 'terror' ability that when used drains all blue creatures in a area of stamina? The higher the level the dark player the more effective it is. Have it say something stupid like "You are frozen in terror" on the affected creatures. Or perhaps instead of a stamina loss it could just be a paralyse without the casting wait or whatnot.
Anyways. Hope ya dont laugh at the ideas too much lol.

Varkasal

Sorceror
nospoon1 said:
The Races Are:
Human
Angel
Dark Angel

Sincerly,
-Steve
Ok first off I havent downloaded this yet but I probably will .....
Secondly I agree with Valyr those are great ideas Jokerswild and I might add the terror Idea is cool too Valyr.... Now Spoon you said you were looking for ideas for new races to add to your system ..... Well having played AD&D for many years as both a dungeonmaster and a player (18 years now.... Omg Im getting old) I happen to have a few books floating arround that have pleanty of races in them as well as special abilities of that race and the descriptions and appearence of them .... Anyway I flipped through a few books and came up with some that might work as well as some that are just odd but Ill list them here as well as what they basicaly are if its something alot of people havent heard of .... here it goes....

The Centaur ... which Ive seen done on uo .... Half human half horse simple.

Death Knight.... For Dragonlance and Ravenloft fans... simple Lord Soth .... for others a skeletal Fighter basicaly an anti paladin ... but undead... or cursed however you want to look at it .

Demon or half Demon (Cambeon) Half demon is simple Half human half Demon... Demon is a bit more difficult as there are many types/classes of demons.

Genie..... this is simple but yet not simple .... Ive seen this done on a stone also there are 5 types of genies each from a different elemental plane and each of a different allignment .... there are the Djinni (air) Dao (earth) Efreeti (fire) Marid (Water) And the Jann (Any land)

Gith/Githyanki/Githzerai.... A race of grotesque that appear to be part elf and part reptilian....

Gnoll/Gnoll Flind.... Gnolls are large evil Hyena like humanoids...

Half Dragon .... Simple half human (or another race) and half dragon

Illithid....... Otherwise known as Mind Flayers.....they are an evil and feared Race in the underdark .... RA salvatore Fans should know all about them ....

Lich...... I think all of us UO fans know what a lich is and what its capable of ...... As do all of us AD&D players .... ugh .....

Medusa/Maedar....... Anyone whos seen Clash of the titans Knows what a medusa is .... a Maedar is a less known male version of one.

Minotaur........ I think most of us know what a minotaur is ..... Part human part Bull ... Usualy a cursed human though in some D&D worlds they are a race .

Naga....... The Naga are a sentient Race of snakelike creatures usualy well versed in the Arcane arts ....

Swanmay ...... A human female who can assume Swan form ....

Lycanthrope ..... the werewolf is a subrace of lycanthrope so Ill just add a few more here ..... WereBear.... WereBoar......WereRat ..... if your interested in others let me know there are a few more.

Wemic....Leonine Cousin to Centaurs...... Part human part Lion ...

Yaunti.... The Yaunti are a race of humans whos blood has been fouled there are three classes of them but only one really suitable for play ..... they look just like humans (can pass for human 80% of the time ..... butthey will have a snakelike feature to them (such as slit eyes or a forked tongue) they are basicaly part human and part snake ....

Anyway those are the creatures I can come up with quickly .... if you want more Ideas PM me ... Varkasal

Varkasal

Sorceror
nospoon1 said:
I will implement most of those races as soon as i can

Oh I almost forgot an Idea for an ability for the dark Angel .... although if you are implementing the demons if you go with subraces of demons the Tanari should have this ..... but the ability to "summon"/Call into being a cicle or aura of flames arround itself causing damage to any being within range of the creature...... Could use the [In Vas nox spell] spell from the necromancers spells as the base for the ability just change the hue and type of damge and make it only cast on the caster .... but the caster isnt damage ... and maybe expand the range on the cloud/circle.....

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Varkasal said:
The Centaur ... which Ive seen done on uo .... Half human half horse simple.

Death Knight.... For Dragonlance and Ravenloft fans... simple Lord Soth .... for others a skeletal Fighter basicaly an anti paladin ... but undead... or cursed however you want to look at it .

Demon or half Demon (Cambeon) Half demon is simple Half human half Demon... Demon is a bit more difficult as there are many types/classes of demons.

Genie..... this is simple but yet not simple .... Ive seen this done on a stone also there are 5 types of genies each from a different elemental plane and each of a different allignment .... there are the Djinni (air) Dao (earth) Efreeti (fire) Marid (Water) And the Jann (Any land)

Gith/Githyanki/Githzerai.... A race of grotesque that appear to be part elf and part reptilian....

Gnoll/Gnoll Flind.... Gnolls are large evil Hyena like humanoids...

Half Dragon .... Simple half human (or another race) and half dragon

Illithid....... Otherwise known as Mind Flayers.....they are an evil and feared Race in the underdark .... RA salvatore Fans should know all about them ....

Lich...... I think all of us UO fans know what a lich is and what its capable of ...... As do all of us AD&D players .... ugh .....

Medusa/Maedar....... Anyone whos seen Clash of the titans Knows what a medusa is .... a Maedar is a less known male version of one.

Minotaur........ I think most of us know what a minotaur is ..... Part human part Bull ... Usualy a cursed human though in some D&D worlds they are a race .

Naga....... The Naga are a sentient Race of snakelike creatures usualy well versed in the Arcane arts ....

Swanmay ...... A human female who can assume Swan form ....

Lycanthrope ..... the werewolf is a subrace of lycanthrope so Ill just add a few more here ..... WereBear.... WereBoar......WereRat ..... if your interested in others let me know there are a few more.

Wemic....Leonine Cousin to Centaurs...... Part human part Lion ...

Yaunti.... The Yaunti are a race of humans whos blood has been fouled there are three classes of them but only one really suitable for play ..... they look just like humans (can pass for human 80% of the time ..... butthey will have a snakelike feature to them (such as slit eyes or a forked tongue) they are basicaly part human and part snake ....

Anyway those are the creatures I can come up with quickly .... if you want more Ideas PM me ... Varkasal

I think races are cool to implement, but for the most part when you create a char race, the most you can really change is what you see walking around and not the paperdoll. I had some centaurs on my shard before as a race and it was cool, but either you get a black space where your paper doll was, or you get a human there. Most people usually tend to stick with the human "looking" creatures for that reason. I played D&D myself for years (and AD&D) and I am 30.I think quite a few of your races could work without too much trouble. From what you listed, I will put my 2 cents in. :p
Skeleton of sorts would be cool. For them I would put extra cold damage, but with a nice physical penality for brittle.
Daemon/half deamon would be cool as well. Can use like the arcane daemon for on screen and like a reddish skin tone for paper doll. For them I would give a strength bonus, a slight int bonus and a dex penality for size. No helmet to be worn because of horns.
Genies would be cool, and I have seen them on a few shards myself. I would give main bonus to Int, then to dex with a str penality. Nothing heavier then leather can be worn.
Lich is cool and easy to do, but can do that with the necromancer, so would not really go with that.
The Medussa I think would be groovy, but when the skills came down to it, would be unfair to let them go around freezing people, unless you put as like a limit per UO day, like 3-5 times a day for 15 seconds or something. Though if you make it so they are frozen, I would also make so they can not be attacked while frozen.
I think the Lycans are also good to go with. They are not too hard to mess with. I would not adhere anything to stat changes, but would have some fun with the other stuff. When transformed (can do like 2-3 times per UO day) it appears as a dire-wolf and has it's fighting abilities (or a somewhat cranked up dire-wolf). For penality (there has to be some kind of penality!) when transforming it does 1/2 damage to all armor worn and destroys clothes (unless they take everything off first).
That is my 2 cents. Some others that I thought to be cool, depends on which scripts you have running on the shard.
Dryad - druid like creature human in appearance.
Succubus - well, think ya know that one. (Can be like the female version for daemon).
Shapechanger - Kinda like the werewolf, but has other forms too (bear, goat, etc).
Okay, I know I am not makin the script, but you know what I think would be real cool (like I am not going to tell you anyway!). I think it would be cool if when setting up the race in game, a gump comes up when you first go to place the race stone (or however you go to set things up) to select which races you want to use in your shard. So only the "Checked" or seleccted ones will be used. Granted, I know who ever does the race system is the one, but think it to be cool if somebody just wanted the ones that fit into their shard. Later if others want to be added mabe be able to adjust through props? Like my shard, I would like maybe Elf, Dryad, Vampire, Daemon and maybe the genie. That does not mean there should not be more races though. Granted, somebody could go back into the script and delete all the stuff they did not want out. If you think about it though, would you rather somebody go in and delete a bunch of stuff in YOUR script that YOU made to get it the way they want, or use a gump menu to determine which of the races that YOU made they want on their shard?

Varkasal

Sorceror
iZJokersWild said:
Okay, I know I am not makin the script, but you know what I think would be real cool (like I am not going to tell you anyway!). I think it would be cool if when setting up the race in game, a gump comes up when you first go to place the race stone (or however you go to set things up) to select which races you want to use in your shard. So only the "Checked" or seleccted ones will be used. Granted, I know who ever does the race system is the one, but think it to be cool if somebody just wanted the ones that fit into their shard. Later if others want to be added mabe be able to adjust through props? Like my shard, I would like maybe Elf, Dryad, Vampire, Daemon and maybe the genie. That does not mean there should not be more races though. Granted, somebody could go back into the script and delete all the stuff they did not want out. If you think about it though, would you rather somebody go in and delete a bunch of stuff in YOUR script that YOU made to get it the way they want, or use a gump menu to determine which of the races that YOU made they want on their shard?

Here here I second that motion lol ..... Another thing .... As jokers said ... Im not writing this script ..... but the race stones Ive seen allow for a player to pick more then one race Id like to see that the player may only choose one... if it is a racestone .... I supposed Ive only seen a buggy one or one that the admin of that shard set up for thier own use but that bugged me ... lol.....
Oh And Spoon It would be nice to see the normal races on the stone or in the script you write..... IE: Elf , Dwarf,Gnome, of course Human etc. and make it addaptable to each persons shard that would be great ..... I'll be looking forward to that if you happen to listen to ideas and implement them .... Im sure others will also ......
Varkasal

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Well, when I meant for choosing a race would think only 1 race per char (is usually why stone is in the jail or someplace not normally acessible unless sent), but I meant as choosing the race that you want on the shard (as an admin). IE:
You have a race stone that has: Elf, Drow, Human, Dwarf, Giant, Frog. Well, you do not se the point to having a frog as a player character on your server so on the setup gump I would not opt to use that. In other words, just a gump for the admins allowing them to select which races you want to allow on the shard.
Also, I do not think I mentioned this. If you are going to have custom races, I think it be best to have custom skill levels as well. Granted, an Elf would fit better into a nature surrounding then a daemon. So in that case, I would allow higher skill levels for the elf in regards to woodland base skills (taming, tracking, etc), but then again, has to be some sort of penality and not jsut super skilled races. Think of something that an Elf would NOT be good at. Well, Elves relish life, so Necromancy would be at penality. So where maybe the skill cap for Taming was 120-150, the cap for Necromancy was 40-60. And so forth. Otherwise, you just end up with a bunch of colored characters running around pretty much with title as "The Elf", or "The Half Daemon". If that is all that you want then that is fine, but again that is my opinion. I just think it would be nice to see a race script that goes all out. Putting in for the details, even if all the features are not used (but then if done with the set-up gump, they still are in a way).
If I were not a complete newb to scripting, and I knew how; I will tell you how I would make the race stone.
I would make about 15-20 different races, each with custom charastics (but also keep Human to keep as a basic default for the non-RPGer) and the works. Make script as a Race Stone (thinking that stones would be easiest way to do it) and set in a 1 time only access area. When command to add the stone is used, have it doa check to see if system is in place (if so, then then bring up gump telling that race system is already in place), and if it is not, then bring up a set-up menu asking to select the races that you would like to be used on the shard and maybe a brief description to each (would also be nice to have a seperate doc for the admins letting them know the abilities of each race and such), probably easiest to use some check-mark method of selection (mark the boxes). After selection, and next step is picked, bring up another gump showing which were chose, then ask to continue or go back. If continue bring up target to place race stone. Use a jail cell (for instance), then once a player logs on he must chose a race (would put in Welcome Timer), after a race is chosen, add a trigger to open a gate to town and then close when used or make gate only useable for that player (in case 2 people create at the same time).
That is how I would like to see something. I have seen some cool race systems, and thought that a few would have at least made a great base for starting. I just think i twould be real cool to see some "All-Out" scripts. Though, I must say that it is real cool as it is for all those that do create and share with others. You take your time and effort into creating a script to help/share with others. No matter the reason, it is still cool because you do not HAVE to. So, thanks.