RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advent Vampirica-Dark Race System v1.0

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Runuofreak, if you had read the entire thread, you would know what to change in PlayerMobile. Here is a snipit from one of my earlier posts in this thread.

ViWinfii said:
Change this:

Code:
	public class PlayerMobile : Mobile

to this:

Code:
	public class PlayerMobile : MiddleMobile

THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO CHANGE IN PLAYERMOBILE. There is nothing else. I've reposted this about three times now. How many more times must I repeat myself?

darkoverlord

Sorceror
Stats

Is there a way to alter the file so that individual races can have different stat bonuses?

I saw in middlemobile.cs this
m_Transformed = value;
if (m_Transformed)
{
this.BodyMod = 27;
this.Str += 20;
this.Dex += 30;
this.Int -= 10;

But when I tryed to add it to racestone.cs I got error messages. I know that i dont know anything really about scripting but if someone can show me what I need to change for 1 of the races I can do it for the rest of them.

thank you
deryk

ViWinfii

Sorceror
It depends on how you added that code to the racestone. In order to access the playermobile information, the compiler must know which playermobile you are wanting to change. I think somewhere in racestone, there is something like this:

Code:
PlayerMobile pm = from as PlayerMobile;

I can't remember exactly, I don't have the code in front of me right now. The Mobile "from" is the one that is using the racestone. The line above makes a new name for "from", and names it "pm", which has access to PlayerMobile functions.

If you want to change the str, dex, and int, either use

Code:
pm.Str += 20;

or

Code:
from.Str += 20;

Hope that helps. If youre still having problems, message me thru icq or aim.

darkoverlord

Sorceror
With much thanks to ViWinfii I got to be able to set the stat modifiers for mt individual races, now comes my next part. I would like to be able to incude racial skill modifiers as well as different regen rates for health mana or end as needed for the race. I started with the skill addin and got an error message that :
"Does not contain a definition for Evalint"

private void VampireInit(Mobile from)
{
PlayerMobile mp = ((PlayerMobile )from );

mp.Hue = 0;
mp.Title = "The Vampire";
mp.Str += 20;
mp.Int += 25;
mp.Dex -= 20;
mp.Evalint += 25;
mp.Race = RaceType.Vampire;
mp.PlaySound( 0x4E );
//mp.Location = new Point3D( 1421, 2829, 8 );
mp.SendMessage("Congradulations You are now an Vampire.");
}

I guess nothing in racestone.cs is calling out skills but I didnt see anything calling out stats. Where would I start to be able to add the definition for skills and regen rates so I can modify the racestone for it?

thanks again
deryk

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Here's a hint:

Code:
	mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Base = 50;
	mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Cap = 300;

Now, there are other ways to do this. But this is the most direct and simplist way, just add those lines to the proper Init function in racestone.cs, change the numbers to whatever you like. There should be a list of all the SkillNames in the documentation of RunUO somewhere.

darkoverlord

Sorceror
Skills

Ok, this is getting closer but when picking a starting class that has the existing skill it comes in at the racial bonus instaid of the bonus being added to the skill. here is a sample of the script...

private void DragoonInit(Mobile from)
{

mp.Hue = 1367;
mp.Title = "Dragoon";
mp.Str += 35;
mp.Dex += 25;
mp.Int -= 25;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Focus].Base = 100;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Focus].Cap = 300;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Base = 50;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Cap = 300;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Swords].Base = 25;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Swords].Cap = 300;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Healing].Base = 60;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Healing].Cap = 300;
mp.Race = RaceType.Dragoon;
mp.PlaySound( 0x4E );
mp.SendMessage("Congradulations you are now a Dragoon.");

Again I want to thank you ViWinfii for all of your help so far. Once this gets knocked away I want to start a Class Stone using similar properties as the racial stone.

thanks

deryk

ViWinfii

Sorceror
I'm not sure if I understood what you said...

Did you want these skills to be a "bonus", that is, added on to their current skill levels? If so, that is very easy.

Code:
	mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Base += 50;

See the difference? C# lets you add on to the current amount of a number by using += instead of just =. Likewise, if you wanted to subtract an amount from the number you are changing, use -=.

Nagash

Sorceror
I just think it would be better if added as a stat bonus than as a change to base stat. Just a guess...that's the way I do it.

darkoverlord

Sorceror
Awesome!!!

That was exactly what I am looking for... the race stone is totally starting to take shape by being able to add or subtract racial skill bonuses in addition to the stat bonuses. Now there are some pluses and minuses to different race/skill combination. Below is one of my races I created.

private void DragoonInit(Mobile from)
{

mp.Hue = 1367;
mp.Title = "Dragoon";
mp.Str += 35;
mp.Dex += 25;
mp.Int -= 25;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Focus].Base += 100;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Magery].Base -= 30;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Base += 20;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Swords].Base += 25;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Healing].Base += 20;
mp.Race = RaceType.Dragoon;
mp.PlaySound( 0x4E );
mp.SendMessage("Congradulations you are now a Dragoon.");

I put focus to 100 because I kinda hate it and its really mandatory for the new special fighting moves and everything else. The Dragoon's are a Dragon Human Hybrid race and I wanted to lean towards being a fighter class.

The next part Im not sure how exactly to start with it. Regen Rates... I didnt want to give such a dex stat boost would really rather be able to modify how fast health stamina and mana return for different races. I looked at the script for regenrates.cs and couldnt make sense of it. I know that with magical items I can increase the rate but would like to have it built in to the racestone script.

Would something like:
mp.RegenRate[RegenRate_StamRegenRate].Base +=5

this work?

again thank you for your input

deryk

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Regeneration rates are a bit more complicated than that. I believe that all regeneration rates, for health, mana, and even stamina, are somewhere else, maybe in the script SkillCheck.cs. I can't remember, I don't have any of my scripts here with me :(

If you are looking to change a value from Mobile or PlayerMobile, look in the documentation for it first. You will notice there is nothing about RegenRate or anything in Mobile.

I am currently working on a similar problem that relates to regeneration rates. When I learn more about it, I will reply with my findings.

darkoverlord

Sorceror
I will definatly be waiting... I think once its worked out the regen bonuses or minuses in some cases could help mold races into being quite different then the normal UO... wish we had more workable artwork to use for bodies. Using a different image file (like an orc or a troll) is nice but would be so awesome if the orc was able to put on armour and clothes... but till then I guess we will all have to make do.

thanks again

deryk

numatra

Wanderer
can someone assist me? I want to give vampires the additional ability to transform into a bat but I'm not sure how to reconfigure MiddleMobile. any help would be appreciated.

Yes

ViWinfii was helping me do this but has stopped answering my icqs perhaps got tired of help me I dunno. Either way im working to get the same vampire turn into bat, Angel into Unicorn, Dark Angel into Nightmare. My problem is im a RPer not a computer wiz and this stuff is like learning chinese. If you do learn how to do the transformation into the bat let me know. Right now Im looking over the werewolf and trying to see if I can copy the transformation stuff so far with no luck. So many people are interested in this script if someone will help me finish mine I will post it for everyone to use.

Solinari555

Wanderer
A few new race ideas......

Hey I have a few race ideas for you. This being a dark race system, I will not include the more goodly races.
Drow (Dark Elf)- These guys are either really good swordsmen or powerful mages, the females all being leaders. Maybe give these guys an ability like a reverse nightsight on someone.
Duergar (Gray Dwarf- A more evil race of dwarves, and allies (or slaves...) of the drow.. Definately give Duergar a type of invisibility, because they are noted for that.
Half Dragon (also known as Draconium)- They are, as they sound, half dragon half human. Give them the fly over water effect as noted earlier, and throw in like a flame breath ability (just a fireball spell, basically).
Illithid was mentioned earlier, but they failed to mention the ability to take controll of things. Give them something like that, able to take over animals with a min. taming skill of a max of 30. Then throw in a harm-type ability to top them off.
Kyton (A devil with a strange empathy with chains...)- These are baaaad guys. They need the ability to paralyse things (say something like "Chains wrap around your body, and you can't move!"), and/or the ability to summon a new type of creature, known as a "Chain Golemn". These can use a new art skin, which i can provide if need be. They should just be hard to hit, with around 250 hp.

Well, that's all i really want you to add....... These would definatley make an interesting twist. Also add to your vampire a life drain ability on a succesful hit, kind of like what you find on Semidaar. The werewolf should also take bonus damage from undead slaying weapons, as they used to be called silver.
Thanks for the cool script.

darkoverlord

Sorceror
Hey there ViWinfii I have been looking through transformation and cant begin to find what variable calls out the shape it changes into. I was hoping to be able to use that script for the vampire to turn into either a bat or a blood elemental shape and thought of a race that has a human and a nonhuman form.

thanks again

deryk

dguerras

Wanderer
dont working , :(

i am new plis help me

error:

the name space ' server mobiles' already contains a definition for 'playerflag ' and 'npcguilds' and 'playermobiles'

help me plis

ViWinfii

Sorceror
darkoverlord said:
Hey there ViWinfii I have been looking through transformation and cant begin to find what variable calls out the shape it changes into. I was hoping to be able to use that script for the vampire to turn into either a bat or a blood elemental shape and thought of a race that has a human and a nonhuman form.

thanks again

deryk

The actual transformation is done in MiddleMobile. The variable name is BodyMod, which is found in Mobile. You can see how I used it in MiddleMobile.

dguerras said:
dont working ,

i am new plis help me

error:

the name space ' server mobiles' already contains a definition for 'playerflag ' and 'npcguilds' and 'playermobiles'

help me plis

Do you understand english well? Just in case, I included Spanish below. dguerras, do you have icq or AOL AIM? My icq number is 3588950, my AIM name is ViWinfii. I can help you better using those instead of posting in this forum constantly.

¿Dice usted español? ¿dguerras, tiene usted icq o AOL AIM? Me icq número es 3588950, me AIM llamo ViWinfii. Puedo ayudarle mejor usando estos.

Juggalo, I haven't been ignoring you, I just haven't been online. I was studying for a big test that determined my chance to study for a PhD in Mathematics....so I stayed away from my computer. The test is over, and I can help with scripting again. Get a hold of me, I haven't gotten any icq messages lately from anyone.

dguerras

Wanderer
ViWinfii said:
The actual transformation is done in MiddleMobile. The variable name is BodyMod, which is found in Mobile. You can see how I used it in MiddleMobile.

Do you understand english well? Just in case, I included Spanish below. dguerras, do you have icq or AOL AIM? My icq number is 3588950, my AIM name is ViWinfii. I can help you better using those instead of posting in this forum constantly.

¿Dice usted español? ¿dguerras, tiene usted icq o AOL AIM? Me icq número es 3588950, me AIM llamo ViWinfii. Puedo ayudarle mejor usando estos.

Juggalo, I haven't been ignoring you, I just haven't been online. I was studying for a big test that determined my chance to study for a PhD in Mathematics....so I stayed away from my computer. The test is over, and I can help with scripting again. Get a hold of me, I haven't gotten any icq messages lately from anyone.

ViWinfi sorry mi english i bad, mi ingles es malo, no tengo icq , pero si puedes agregarme a msn , mi msn es [email protected] . porfavor si no dentro de esta semana trato de bajar icq para instalarlo ... Gracias por tu ayuda

numatra

Wanderer
if I wanted to make daemon blood count as food for vampires, can I add a race check tag so ONLY vampires could eat the blood?