RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advent Vampirica-Dark Race System v1.0

ViWinfii

Sorceror
numatra said:
if I wanted to make daemon blood count as food for vampires, can I add a race check tag so ONLY vampires could eat the blood?

Well, Im sure you could do that, you would have to know how to make deamon blood be food first, then you could do the checks to make sure they are vampires.

This system is really up to you on how you want to set it up. Test it yourself to see how it works, because it is being used to teach people how to script.

numatra

Wanderer
well I know that I MAY do it, yes, the question is CAN I?

and I can. sort of. this will be the first script I've ever made where I wasnt adding something like basic furniture out of the muls... anyway here's 2 of the errors the server returns when compiling:

"invalid token in class, struct, or interface member declaration" along with "type or namespace definition"

neither of which I understand

all I did was copy the script from an existing food (the banana) and changed every occurence of banana to HumanBlood. then I used your race tag from infravision.cs as an example for the race tag required to eat the item. ... what am I doing wrong?

here's the script:

using System;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.Items
{
public class HumanBlood : Food
{
[Constructable]
public HumanBlood() : this( 1 )
{
}

[Constructable]
public HumanBlood( int amount ) : base( amount, 0xF7D )
{
this.Weight = 1.0;
this.FillFactor = 1;
}

public Humanblood( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
{
}

public override Item Dupe( int amount )
{
return base.Dupe( new HumanBlood(), amount );
}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
{
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
{
base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
}

public static bool CanUse( PlayerMobile m )
{
if ( m.Race == RaceType.Vampire )
return true;
else
return false;
}
}
}

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Looks like you are missing something at the top, you need to use this namespace as well:

Code:
using Server;

There is also things to change in the vampire scripts as well, because normally they do not eat food at all and are restricted that way too. You will have to find where that is and change it slightly in MiddleMobile.

Kesia

Wanderer
okay all I have the answer you are looking for...to the fact about when you choose a race, it does not show up on your paperdoll....that is because all you have to do is use a MUL/verdata patch...create the picture you want. I like using "paradise" as I can create my "pictures" with my simple paint, or PSP *paint shop pro* and then implament them. I personally am not good at drawing out graphics, but would be available to walk anyone through it if they wanted to give it a go :)

then your race will apear on a paperdoll!!!!

Kn0x

Wanderer
I've fixed de playermobile but still.

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\customs\PlayerMobile.cs: CS0115: (line 1647, column 24) 'Serve
r.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnGuildChange(Server.Guilds.Guild)': no suitable method f
ound to override

What should I do?

ViWinfii

Sorceror
This script is no longer being supported by me.

The errors you guys are having seem to be that you are using either:

a) A new PlayerMobile from more recent releases of RunUO with an older version of RunUO

or

b) An old PlayerMobile with the new release of RunUO.

I'm sorry but I do not have time to help you further.

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
If you all are havin that many problems with the playermoblie get Winrar and view the two playermobiles from RCO and RunUO1.0.0 and then change the codes

Arkatis

Sorceror
say i got an error

nospoon1;261320 said:
Well my friend Viniwinifii made the transform and infravision ability and 3 races, i made 2 of the races, i figured this could could be an offset of the original boring elf, half elf blah blah blah stuff, so here it is, you need to place the playermobile.cs in the mobiles folder.

Then you need to place the infravision.cs and transform.cs and racestone.cs along with the middlemobile.cs in your customs folder....

The Races Are:
Human
Werewolf-Transform Ability
Vampire-Infravision Ability
Angel
Dark Angel

Im trying to get some ideas for the angel and dark angel abilitys, im also trying to find out some new races for the Dark Race System.

Thanks Enjoy This Script!

Sincerly,
-Steve

Errors:
+ Custom/InfraVision.cs:
CS0246: Line 16: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom/Transform.cs:
CS0246: Line 16: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Could you tell me how to fix this.

Arkatis

Sorceror
Help

I get this error after I put it in and start up the shard
line 16
custom/infravison
The type or namespace nam ' CommandEventArgs' could not be found ( are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Thats for infravision and transform plzzz help useing runuo 2.0

Hammerhand

Knight
What do you expect for a 4 year old script? RunUO probably doesnt even use 1/4 of the coding in that one anymore. You would literally have to re-write the thing.