RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Spawns 3.0

piratezack

Wanderer
X-SirSly-X said:
oh just comment out that line of code, just add // in front of it, and it will compile.

yea.... i don't mean to be a noob (but i am) at least when it comes to coding :p anyways, i use notepad for one so finding the line is not easy. second, i dont know where i comment out that line or what commenting out the line means. i am trying to learn this stuff but i need something better then notpad. if you could post the script with the update, i'd be very thankful! thanks!

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
for a quick fix until i repack things, just press ctrl + f, or click edit, and select find, and do a search for 'DopplegangerFlesh' in the doppleganger file. and then just delete that line or comment it out with two slashes //.

nerun

Sorceror
X-SirSly-X,

First of all, thx to give me a link to the MyRunUO Spawner v4.2. And you did a good work with these spawns.

Just a question: dungeons are like mine. The outdoors not. The outdoors are OSI accurate or you just place monsters as you think it should be?

I nee to revise all my spawns too, and maybe i will copy some of yours.

nerun

Sorceror
Thx. I liked your outdoors spawns anyway. My new system is coming soon, v5.0, with new engine, so i will revise all maps, your spawns will be an utile reference.

wensday

Wanderer
Tokuno

Well, I know that several of my players enjoy Tokuno, and I've also noticed that tons of people on this board dont. Not including Tokuno in a package is depriving those who really like an expansion... it's totally self centered. It's a good thing not all people are like you.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
evil lord kirby said:
When I see this I laff long and hard as i feel the same...

hehe thank you :)

@wensday
Maybe I am "totally self centered" or maybe I'm just thinking logically, and I dont see a point in wasting my time on doing something that I will never ever use. If you want to release a MSF of Tokuno, then by all means go ahead, and do it yourself, and I'll post a link to it in here.

X-SirSly-X said:
hehe thank you :)

@wensday
Maybe I am "totally self centered" or maybe I'm just thinking logically, and I dont see a point in wasting my time on doing something that I will never ever use. If you want to release a MSF of Tokuno, then by all means go ahead, and do it yourself, and I'll post a link to it in here.

You are not self centered. As it is YOUR release, you are welcome to release it how YOU see fit. Also, since you used the spawn points from neruns distro anyway, she/he? (when i saw name i thought of the Addam's family) can very well install neruns distro and use Neruns to spawn areas not coered by yours. Theres no rule against having more than one spawner on your shard. I personally have 3, megaspawner (running your reagent, treasure chests, and dungeon decor) neruns distro (premium spawner) running npcs and ArteGordon's XML 2 for anything I add myself. does it inconvience me having to do different spawns in different systems? yes. enough to complain? no.

now @ SirSly: Alot of people hate SE...but i must question your reasons though. Who says ninjas and samurais dont belong in an age of paladins and mages? they were around then too...(well not the mages part lol) It also follows actual britainian history....there are Cannons in the realm...proof of gunpowder..which was discovered in China...so the time period of oriental discovery matches that of real history....

anyway your reasons are your own, and letting Wednesday *snaps fingers to Addams Family theme* post the tokuno msfs shows your flexibility while still maintaining your reasons for not doing it yourself

@wensday you are welcome to use other spawners to spawn tokuno, neruns distro is pretty accurate. Releasing a script is the authors decision, you should be grateful he released what hi did..he said hes been using it on his own shard for some time before releasing to public...you are also welcome to convert neruns tokuno spawns into megaspawners using the link he gave to nerun below and post the .msfs here for other people who are likeminded as you. he has given you that oppurtunity, if he was really self centered he wouldnt have done that.

hey im new and need to know for sure how do i get it to spawn after install on freash boot do i place spwners then convert or is there a way to just spawn the monsters after the install

thanks for your time

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Convert what exactly?

The setup instructions are explained in the first post, nothing needs to placed.

Installing:
It's easy make a new folder here:
/scripts/@Custom/System - Megaspawner/
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30533
now download and extract the megaspawner files to that spot

now make a folder here:
/scripts/@Custom/System - Megaspawner - Spawns/
now extract my spawn files here

load up the game and type [megaspawner
go to options page 5 and pick file browser and load in the files.

If you need more post back, but it's rather straight forward.

it tells me there are no files on import list and every time i select on arrows to look throught files some are blue and some yellow but they dont load

OK im in where it says open file broser, now says backup, data, docs, logs, and very time i pick a file in cusoms or sript it says at bottom the file type cant be loaded, i have cs. type files

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
The location with the data, scripts folder is your root runuo folder.

You need to EXTRACT the files in this thread, so you can select the .MSF files.

Extract them like I have already explained.

Bless u, very much and thanks a lot i found out what was wrong just missed placed MSF files and could find them sorry for all probs, but i have a question now will it pick up new monsters that you add or just add them in as you go and thanks great script took out a lot of work placeing things in, it makes for great change up just to be able to mod spawners and thank u again for your help and being uderstanding your freind supernova72611

robguay

Wanderer
Install issue

I am new to this arena. I Could use some of the expert's help.

I am getting the follow error!

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\@Custom\System - Megaspawner - Spawns\Ilshenar 4.0\Ilshenar Sc
ript Pack\Doppelganger.cs: CS0246: (line 41, column 18) The type or namespace na
me 'DopplegangerFlesh' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or
an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

HELP :eek: