RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Announcing GemUO, a new RunUO branch supporting enhanced client!

R-T-B

Wanderer
Hmmm... sounds like a script-side issue. I'll take a look when I get home and hopefully update said problem-script.

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Much appreciated! The enhanced client works, and the server actually starts and the SA map is there. So that's definatly a good sign, but yah there certainly are still a few issues. I can run around the world fine, and the enhanced client is nice. But as mentioned SA teleporters are missing, moongate graphics are missing and if you use the worldspawn and save the server will not start up again once you shut it down. If I find anything else I will report. Thanks for taking the time thus far assist.

R-T-B

Wanderer
I'm at home now and working on diagnosing this issue. It's likely because I didn't have time to test last build, and probably included old scripts. :)

As per the conflict of interest, it's a fairly large shard yes and you could likely guess which one it is, but I'll neither confirm or deny anything out of respect for the owner.

R-T-B

Wanderer
Ok, I fixed the moongate issue as well as the save issue. I'm about to upload some binary archives. Question: Was there anyhting besides a moongate that displayed the wrong graphic? I need item names.

EDIT: New files are up. Give them a try. As far as I can tell the moongate issue related to lighttypes being different in Enhanced Client, and the Save issue was due to a faulty core file being included. The SVN tree has been updated accordingly as well.

This is what happenes when I work that late, lol.

EDIT: I also fixed an issue where female humans would not be handled properly. ;)

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Just curious if spellweaving being disabled is intentional/normal?

I create a spellweaving book, fill it but any spell just says "spellweaving has been temporarly disabled"

R-T-B

Wanderer
Soulmancer;836077 said:
Just curious if spellweaving being disabled is intentional/normal?

I create a spellweaving book, fill it but any spell just says "spellweaving has been temporarly disabled"

This is normal per the SVN I used. To change, please find the "Mondain's Legacy" folder in your data directory. Open the "settings.xml" file with XML Notepad, a free download. Should be easy to change your settings that way and enable everything. :)

R-T-B

Wanderer
You can also change the above settings in game, but the method escapes me.

BTW, you might want to redownload the binaries again. There was an issue with animal animations. They "died" every once in a while. Needless to say that wasn't something I wanted to keep.

I also added a [rename command to rename animals, since it wasn't working with the Enhanced Client for whatever reason. Also some moongate issues with EC were fixed.

Judge12

Wanderer
having some issues with the gem uo

ok when i run a script from easy uo the whole shard crashes.... wouldn't want the random player to crash the shard by accident... the script is bm automagic looting the crash report is

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0, Build 0.2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4927
Time: 4/14/2010 7:33:12 AM
Mobiles: 1
Items: 27
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DropReq6017(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = judge) (mobile = 0x1 'judge')

this happens whenever i select the backpack or a bag in the backpack. any help would be great.

R-T-B

Wanderer
I'll download the script and see if I can reproduce the problem. Hopefully I can have a fix by tonight. :)

In the meantime please download the latest binary as it integrates some fixes that may be related.

Judge12

Wanderer
ok next thing...

when you go to sell to a vendor they don't pick up the amount of items you have.... and the item is blacked out for some reason. if you could just post the code snippet and file im sure i could fix it myself.. unless it's a core file. if it is im not sure how to compile your source.

R-T-B

Wanderer
Judge12;836487 said:
when you go to sell to a vendor they don't pick up the amount of items you have.... and the item is blacked out for some reason. if you could just post the code snippet and file im sure i could fix it myself.. unless it's a core file. if it is im not sure how to compile your source.

Wow, that's a big one there! I'll have it fixed in no time.

Thanks for reporting the bugs btw, I don't really have much time to playtest myself. :)

My source should compile just fine using visual studio, however it will require the binary releases script and data files.

I suspect it's a bug with my outdated Item.cs I've been using. Oh well, I'll take the time to update it tonight and see if it helps.

Soulmancer

Sorceror
So R-T-P are you and Mitty somewhat working together to help each other out but still working on your own seperate projects overall?

R-T-B

Wanderer
Pending Mitty's approval, the project will be handed over to him. Until I get that approval however, I'm assuming I'm still working on my own.

Sent thinglon a PM this evening. I'll get to mitty soon.

R-T-B

Wanderer
It's not item.cs. I'm testing if it's an issue with Mitty's sources or mine.

Did it happen before the fix to the macro easyuo issue?

Judge12

Wanderer
Next issue

ok the end of the east-west large forge is displaying incorrectly now and now im having issues with the spawner double spawning ppl in new haven.

R-T-B

Wanderer
If you're using the built in Premium Spawner (command [spawner) that really shouldn't double spawn. It's the only spawner I've kept up to date.

By the way, doorgen is broken as well as the forge issue you noted. That has to do with an error with how the light properties are handled. It can be fixed by changing the lighttype of the offending object to "archedwindoweast," however this has the side effect of screwing up other things related to 2d client lighting. This will be fixed soon, as I am merging codebases with Mitty's SA project over at Orbsydia. GemUO is effectively now the same thing they have there. You'll see the update in a little bit, Mitty's policy is "when it's ready," which shouldn't be too long :)

R-T-B

Wanderer
No problem man, we've fixed everything you've reported over there we just need to make sure there isn't more. :)

Thanks for the reports!