RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Announcing GemUO, a new RunUO branch supporting enhanced client!

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Is it in your agenda to always have GemUO updated with the latest working SVN? And does Mitty plan to incorperate all your EC fixes into the SVN stand alone project???

Essentially it sounds like the same project, with two different focuses, you being focused on a flawless enhanced client, while he is focused on getting all the SA stuff working flawlessly

Thilgon

Sorceror
Soulmancer;836823 said:
Is it in your agenda to always have GemUO updated with the latest working SVN? And does Mitty plan to incorperate all your EC fixes into the SVN stand alone project???

Essentially it sounds like the same project, with two different focuses, you being focused on a flawless enhanced client, while he is focused on getting all the SA stuff working flawlessly

I can answer you on this...
Since i haven't got the patience to keep updating the files each time, if someone wants to do it, he's welcome... Otherwise, when we feel ready to release SA project, it will be in a form that will make your update easier (meaning: list of edits with instructions... it will be like when Peo first released it, not a ready-and-shiny svn, unless, as i said, somebody takes it over and keeps it up-to-date).

As soon as i will have some spare time, i'll add some backwards-compatibility to the SA mods, and after that, if no one has anything to add to test it, i'll make the SA Project public again. On Orbsydia, of course.

About Enhanced Client support, i've included it already, but in a "branch" of the SA project itself, since it has still some bugs, and it's better not to mix them yet (it has the same bugs GemUO has, derived from Genova code).
R-T-B said he will try to solve them on the SA project directly, but i haven't heard from him since then...
But, i already told you this on Orb...

crimson420

Wanderer
How about every one stfu if you real what to get down to it run uo and every doing all this is stealing for uo its self people like pandora uo is using this all for money not even for players fun

Tartaros

Wanderer
crimson420;837079 said:
How about every one stfu if you real what to get down to it run uo and every doing all this is stealing for uo its self people like pandora uo is using this all for money not even for players fun

how about you grow up

R-T-B

Wanderer
crimson420;837079 said:

Have you even read the RunUO license agreement? I gave all the appropriate credits.

As for my absense, I'll get back to you on that Thilgon.

As for my support of GemUO, it's now a deprecated project. It's going in with the SA support at orbsydia. I have some real life issues to deal with unfortunately. :(

runuo_user;837138 said:
sry 4 offtopic but..
is there a way to edit kr or sa maps ?
well KR did not have new maps
SA has a new map

for making new one for SA have to use a modified UOL

but to edit it, can use CentrED, can edit any map using it
(might have to copy and rename, but it can be done, i have not tried SA map with it yet, so may not even need copy & rename)

Thilgon

Sorceror
runuo_user;837311 said:
so just placin map0.mul from uo2d to uokr works fine ?
=)

Of course, no.

KR and SA use facet file for maps, but they seem to be very similar in the structure... i know KonS have developed a tool to convert map.mul to KR/SA facet, but i don't think he's gonna release it...

i have had no problem using a map i made for 2d clinet with the sa clinet
just have to copy the static and staidx files, etc also, not just the map

of course the diff files do not work with the new client, so you will have to do them by hand using centrED, etc

Thilgon

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;837337 said:
i have had no problem using a map i made for 2d clinet with the sa clinet
just have to copy the static and staidx files, etc also, not just the map

of course the diff files do not work with the new client, so you will have to do them by hand using centrED, etc

He was speaking about the Enhanced client, LG...
For the classic 2D SA, there are no changes respect the past, except the additional .uop files

i do not see where is was asking about enhanced client, he just asked if way to edit the KR & SA maps, did not specify if clasic client or enhanced client maps

i did not even know there was a difference in their maps, sense clasic client works on OSI

Devil2004

Wanderer
hi,
I have installed the enhanced client and
have used emulator GemUO, with this error :mad:

Do you want to create the owner account now? (y/n)
Username: xxx
Password: xxxxx
Account created.
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Eccezione generata dalla destinazio
ne di una chiamata. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: L'inizializzatore d
i tipo di 'Server.TileData' ha generato un'eccezione. ---> System.IO.EndOfStream
Exception: Impossibile leggere oltre la fine del flusso.
in System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
in System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
in System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
in Server.TileData..cctor()
--- Fine dell'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in Server.TileData.get_ItemTable()
in Server.Item.get_DefaultWeight()
in Server.Item.get_Weight()
in Server.Item.get_PileWeight()
in Server.Item.set_Amount(Int32 value)
in Server.Item..ctor()
in Server.Item..ctor(Int32 itemID)
in Server.Items.BaseWeapon..ctor(Int32 itemID)
in Server.Items.Fists..ctor()
in Server.Items.Fists.Initialize()
--- Fine dell'analisi dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
in System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] argum
ents, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle
typeOwner)
in System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] argume
nts, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwn
er)
in System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisib
ilityChecks)
in System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
in Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method)
in Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

what I have mistaken?:confused:

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Are you currently using all the latest fixes and updates of the SVN that is currently being worked on in the latest GemUO pacakage?

I am just wondering if I can download and get started or if it would be better to wait.

Thilgon

Sorceror
Simple, you can't use the enhanced client directly with gemuo (or any runuo, for the matter).
You'll have to "link" your server to a normal, 2D client directory. Then, you can log in and play with enhanced one.

To be able to avoid installing classic client, one would need a total core rewrite.

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Not sure if you're still involved in this project, but Thilgon released the latest SA SVN over at Orb, this does not yet include enhanced client support.

Thilgon

Sorceror
Soulmancer;838279 said:
Not sure if you're still involved in this project, but Thilgon released the latest SA SVN over at Orb, this does not yet include enhanced client support.

As i stated (if you had the patience to read there), Enhanced support is missing because it's still too full of bugs (as it is here also, by the way)

Soulmancer

Sorceror
Oh I didn't realize. I thought the GemUO fixes on this end had not been implemented into the latest SVN. I didn't realize there were any additional bug. Because you mentioned the item grid being bugged. I thought in GemUO this feature was working. I just remebered a bug where in the item grid, all items would stack on each other.

Sorceror
Hnmm

Hmm so ABC has done it now and so has Pandora, yet when I downloaded the update for it from ABC and Pandora they were only 11.5 kilobytes each.

I'm keen to crack it somehow to just be able to run it and play it.

Any idea how they did it?

I thought they may have just edited the login info, but I cannot find where the login info is for Enhanced Client.