RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anxiety

Alcyone

Sorceror
Joeku, ignore them all. I totally understand where you are coming from. Part of Lupus causes chemical changes in the brain which causes anxiety, and unstableness. I've been sitting there, then all of a sudden, I'm a wreck and everything is wrong. Using a wheelchair in public also causes me anxiety attacks because part of me is ashamed. I'll be sitting there, being pushed through a store, then all of a sudden, I have to get out of there because I can't breathe, and it feels like I'm gonna puke and have a heart attack all at the same time. If you want to know what helps me, (but remember, each case is different) I meditate, control my breathing, plus take valerian root and St. John's Wort. Also, scripting helps, or something where you actually have to think and preoccupies you. If you need any advice or anything, just yell. *edit That wasn't nice, Joeku. Not all germans are like that. But I do understand your frustration at it all.

Manu

Knight
And now to kil your concept:

Joeku;642182 said:
Had my first anxiety attack last night. It really sucks. I never even knew that it could cause physical pain.

Anyone else have these?

Yes, about once or twice a month. My gf got used to it that I behave like a beaten cat in the middle of a thunderstorm. Not a pretty sight, luckily never happened outside my home. Hope that will never EVER change...

Manu

Knight
Anti-Basic;642479 said:
thats a pretty fucked up comment to make toward a german guy. I mean thats got ot be pretty offensive to them.

Hm, not really. I mean, for the last 50 years germany ate shit because of one fucked up idiot THAT WASNT EVEN GERMAN and his followers. You get used to it. American guy who states "I am proud of my country" is a patriot. A german who says the same is a "FUCKING NAZI, DIE SHITHEAD!!!!!" After a while, you accept it, punch the asshole in the face and just walk away. But I think Joeku wasnt serious. So it really aint a biggy. *shrugs*

bah after rhexis got me listening to rammstein, I was looking up stuff about them.... just by taking a picture of themselves with their shirts off for an album cover, they got accused of being "Poster boys for the master race"..

Manu

Knight
Alcyone;642489 said:
Manu, you just got added to my good list. You are so tolerant and understanding.

Thanks, but dont jump to conclusions. I jump between tolerant and "narrow minded son of a bitch" without breaking to sweat in seconds :)

Anti-Basic;642490 said:
bah after rhexis got me listening to rammstein, I was looking up stuff about them.... just by taking a picture of themselves with their shirts off for an album cover, they got accused of being "Poster boys for the master race"..

ROFL by whom? I mean, Rammstein are not left or right, they are just fucked up ;)

Alcyone

Sorceror
Manu;642493 said:
Thanks, but dont jump to conclusions. I jump between tolerant and "narrow minded son of a bitch" without breaking to sweat in seconds :)

Maybe we should start a bipolar thread then.

Manu

Knight
Alcyone;642496 said:
Maybe we should start a bipolar thread then.

Maybe, but that would feel way to much like one of those self-support groups to me and frankly, I cant stand them. Nothing against them, of you need them, but I prefer taking care of my problems alone, with minimal help from the outside. I see a therapist every now and then and so far, it worked out for me that way.

Unfortunately, considering the band's staunch approach, and their reliance on both German language and heritage to inspire their music, the haunting images of their nation's war-like past have followed Rammstein around virtually from day one. Even the German media has set out to uncover the true meanings behind some of Rammstein's more controversial and mysterious songs- with no evidence what-so-ever of oft-rumored Nazi-leanings ever even showing up. The band's members themselves are as confounded as anyone as to where these obviously false allegations first started. Some believe it may have to do with the cover art of their 1995 debut disc, Herzeleid, where the six shirtless, well-toned band members come across as poster boys for some new "master race." Other group members insist it's just the German media doing their best to cause trouble.

"It has been so silly," Flake explained. "That was just a photo of us- not some political statement! The German media sometimes gets carried away with such things. There was even one critic who said that the way Till rolls his 'r's' when he sings is supposed to mimic the way that Hitler used to speak! How silly can they get. We've never written a political song in our life, and we probably never will. It's just reverse discrimination because we are German. Kraftwerk had the same thing happen to them twenty years ago. If we were Spanish or Dutch, there would be no problem."

doesn't say who exactly called them that, but w/e

Of course it didnt help matters much when they found rammstein CDs in the rooms of the kids who shot up columbine along with neo-nazi progpganda ... Marilyn Manson took alot of flack from that as well if I recall correctly... The christian watchdogs groups got all over that one..

Joeku

Lord
Yeah I didn't mean that to be an insult, I really was kidding (Manu).

People call me bible-thumper all the time and I don't care :p

Manu

Knight
Anti-Basic;642499 said:
doesn't say who exactly called them that, but w/e

Of course it didnt help matters much when they found rammstein CDs in the rooms of the kids who shot up columbine along with neo-nazi progpganda ... Marilyn Manson took alot of flack from that as well if I recall correctly... The christian watchdogs groups got all over that one..

lol that article could be translated 1:1 form german into english, they wrote the same kind of bullshit over here for years. Except here nobody hangs himself over Rammstein CDs in some guys room who went crazy (here its "violent" computer games).

Alcyone

Sorceror
Christian watchdogs, don't get me started on that. It's pretty bad when they have to picket a MOVIE. For christ sakes, Da Vinci Code was a FICTIONAL movie. And who are they to censor, anyway, isn't this America. Bible-thumpers are ok, but explain the Nag Hammadi, nm, I"m not going there, I"m a Nag Hammadi thumper.

Theres a huge difference between saying you read a book (which you admit that you do anyway) and saying someone killed 6 million people... joking or otherwise, I just found it sort of offensive.

Manu

Knight
Anti-Basic;642506 said:
Theres a huge difference between saying you read a book (which you admit that you do anyway) and saying someone killed 6 million people... joking or otherwise, I just found it sort of offensive.

Maybe if I wouldnt have to take that shit from people who REALLY mean it twice a week, I would have found it offensive, too. Who knows :)