RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anxiety

Joeku

Lord
No, just something really bad happened in my relationship with a friend, and after she signed off abruptly Friday night it came out of nowhere.

After a night of that, yesterday afternoon I felt better but then last night out of nowhere it started again, and now it's getting a whole lot worse...

FireSoul

Wanderer
Joeku;643103 said:
No, just something really bad happened in my relationship with a friend, and after she signed off abruptly Friday night it came out of nowhere.

After a night of that, yesterday afternoon I felt better but then last night out of nowhere it started again, and now it's getting a whole lot worse...

Are you sure it's just a panic attack? All I remember you saying before is bad pain in your stomach... there are a lot of things that can cause that, perhaps you should see a doctor.

Joeku

Lord
FireSoul;643124 said:
Are you sure it's just a panic attack? All I remember you saying before is bad pain in your stomach... there are a lot of things that can cause that, perhaps you should see a doctor.
That has to be what caused it, because I was feeling perfectly fine the minute before it happened.

Joeku

Lord
I took some Pepto-bismol and I'm feeling better now (physically anyway).

Ugh I wish this whole thing never happened.

@Bleach: did call her.. no answer.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Joeku;643133 said:
I took some Pepto-bismol and I'm feeling better now (physically anyway).

Ugh I wish this whole thing never happened.

@Bleach: did call her.. no answer.

Umm if pepto is making you feel better that's an indication that it might be something else. I'd get checked kiddo. Us parental types worry :p

note - What I'm concerned about is an ulcer. They tend to act up as a direct result of stress (as well as what you eat).

Joeku

Lord
FireSoul;643142 said:
Umm if pepto is making you feel better that's an indication that it might be something else. I'd get checked kiddo. Us parental types worry :p

note - What I'm concerned about is an ulcer. They tend to act up as a direct result of stress (as well as what you eat).
I thought ulcers cause blood in your stool?
My dad said the same thing but I checked and according to that, no ulcer.

P.S. she called back and everything seems to be okay, she just needs some space for a while.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Joeku;643143 said:
I thought ulcers cause blood in your stool?
My dad said the same thing but I checked and according to that, no ulcer.

P.S. she called back and everything seems to be okay, she just needs some space for a while.

It all depends on where they are (stomach or bowel) and not all ulcers bleed. If you had a stomach ulcer that's bleeding you'd most likely be vomiting. If there is blood in the stool that's usually a problem with the bowel. If it's in the early stages, you'd experience pain and perhaps nausea when it flares. And if your Dad is concerned about it...GET THEE ASS to the docs. Sheesh you're as stubborn as my daughter *laughs*.

Joeku

Lord
Well, it's either extremely coincidental or nonexistant.

I'd like to think the latter, but perhaps it'd be better to take your advice...

If it keeps going on tomorrow I'll see a doc.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Joeku;643152 said:
Well, it's either extremely coincidental or nonexistant.

I'd like to think the latter, but perhaps it'd be better to take your advice...

If it keeps going on tomorrow I'll see a doc.

Good boy, you get a cookie :D

Joeku

Lord
Do ulcers make you lose your appetite?

I had to force myself to eat lunch today, and even then I couldn't eat much.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Joeku;643159 said:
I figured that, but I wanted to know if it was a symptom of an ulcer too...

Firstly, don't get all worried until you know exactly what is going on. That's the most likely reason you're not hungry.

Ulcers don't just happen. Nor are they solely caused by stress. There is a bacteria called H-pylori. Ulcers in the stomach are caused by the presence of this bacteria AND either the mucus lining the stomach is too thin, or the acid produced is too strong (both of which are hereditary factors). If no one in your immediate family has had them, and you don't test positive for H-pylori, then the odds are you will never develop one. My mother had a bleeding ulcer. I have tested negitive for H-pylori. I'm about as high strung as they come, and I've never had an ulcer.