RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Need A Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLemonJuce

Wanderer
aj9251;677412 said:
i know this may sound kind of wierd but i want to make a script but i have no clue what to make. i want to make a script for someone, something never done before, please post requests

If this wouldn't be too hard, I need a Guard that works for Reds (Murderers), when he sees a non-red, he attacks him. And I would like the guard not to be teleporting, I want him to stay in one spot than run behind the non-red guy untill he runs out of range and the guard just walks away.

aj9251

Sorceror
TheLemonJuce;760107 said:
If this wouldn't be too hard, I need a Guard that works for Reds (Murderers), when he sees a non-red, he attacks him. And I would like the guard not to be teleporting, I want him to stay in one spot than run behind the non-red guy untill he runs out of range and the guard just walks away.

that shouldn't be too hard, ill see what i can do. Gimme a week.

i_am_neo

Wanderer
I've got an interesting idea for a script (haven't seen it anywhere, so I guess noone made it yet)...

House plans :)

By that I mean for players to be able to sell their house projects.

For example a player makes a great customizable house with loads of deco and stuff and then turns it into a deed and sells it.

Problems:
>Umm... making it all might be a problem?
>How to enable preview before buying?

It's just an idea for a nice script :)

Lokai

Knight
i_am_neo;760143 said:
I've got an interesting idea for a script (haven't seen it anywhere, so I guess noone made it yet)...

House plans :)

By that I mean for players to be able to sell their house projects.

For example a player makes a great customizable house with loads of deco and stuff and then turns it into a deed and sells it.

Problems:
>Umm... making it all might be a problem?
>How to enable preview before buying?

It's just an idea for a nice script :)

The technology for this already exists to a certain degree. Sounds like what you want is a cross between Knives Townhouse system, and UOArchitect. Knive's system can be found here on the forums, and UOAR can be found on Orbsydia.com, last I checked.

aj9251

Sorceror
TheLemonJuce;760177 said:
Thx =] I appriciate your work ^.^

np. just need a week cuz lots going on in my life atm. School, Work, Uo, Family Issues.

I know its a lot for a 15 (16 on June 20) year old lol.

TheLemonJuce

Wanderer
aj9251;760279 said:
np. just need a week cuz lots going on in my life atm. School, Work, Uo, Family Issues.

I know its a lot for a 15 (16 on June 20) year old lol.

Its ok =P message me it when you're done aight? ^.^

x2man

Sorceror
This post is getting a little old and I may or may not see any response but I had an idea if your still looking for something different to script. How about a storage rental box or stone. It could work similar to a rental vendor. Placed in a home and allows the players to decide on cost per week/month for the storage box. Allows access only by the renter. And takes the fees auto out of the renters bank. And of course a failure to pay rent would lead to the renters items being sent to the player that owns the house moving crate. Its very similar to a rental vendor but perhaps a bit to complex for my scripting skills.

I've got one for you. I've asked my dev to do this, but he doesn't seem to think it's possible. Anyways, the basis of it falls on an ore type. This ore type is minable only in a certain mine. The mine itself would be inside a city that I'll end up creating. Now, the only way to get to this city is by a scroll (or talisman once those are added to the server). In order to use the scroll, you will have to have at least 125 mining and 100 magery. There will be a 2 hour timer on it, once the timer expires it will automatically teleport you back to the location you were at when you used the scroll. There is also a teleporter in the town that'll take you back to a specified location in feluccia so that you can leave at any time you want. Now, here comes the tricky part....

The towns ppl are all dead, however they don't know they're dead. They will walk around and do everything like normal, in fact you'll even be able to purchase items from the stores, if you were to have the correct currency. Which means that if you try to pay with gold, the vendor will say something about it not being real money or something like that. The townsfolk will talk about how they used to be a prosperous town and how the ore in their mine used to be highly sought after until the cave-in which enclosed their society. Since then they have sworn to protect their ore from outsiders.

Now, IF a person is capable of mining this ore, they then have to go through town to the teleporter, since recall, gate, and mark will not work in this area, or wait for the timer to expire. However, if they walk through town and are spotted by an npc, that npc will start attacking them if they have the ore in their pack (this would include inside containers within their pack). The npc will also call for help and pretty much the entire town will come out to stop the intruder from escaping with the ore. Also, there will be townsfolk in the mine, so they will immediatly approach the player as soon as it's put into their pack.

The scroll will be able to be used as many times as possible as long as the timer is still active. The timer will remain active even if the player logs out. once the timer has expired, the scroll will be deleted.

Also, I've been trying to figure out how to make a few containers come up while harvesting. For example, while mining you might come across an old chest or maybe even a corpse that'll have ancient loot in it, perhaps even an ancient currency. And while lumberjcaking, you might knock down a bird's nest that is filled with goodies.

Lexkun

Wanderer
i have a thought if your not to busy allready with these pages of requests, A bag of holding that the players can only put gold into. it lowers the weight of the gold to 1 stone

Sythen

Sorceror
There Are Scripts Like That Already

Do a search on the forums for Bags... and one should pop up :) If not, look for scripts for items that reduce weight, check out a bag script you like, merge the 2, and post your script errors on the forums... Someone will help. :)

David

Moderate
Yes, this is an interesting thread, but it is also 2 1/2 years old. I am pretty sure the OP has found something to work on by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.