RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Need A Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AodhanW

Wanderer
aj9251;703093 said:
Yet another good script idea, Could you possibly provide a bit more info?

For example the name of the dung? eg (Sheep Dung) (Dung of the sheep)
Timer info? how long before an animal drops dung, how long dung stays.

Great idea though!! :)

Lessay... Animals drop dung once during every 8 hours period. Dung stays 24 hours.

Sheep dung would, in fact, be called Sheep Dung (which, code speak, would be an 'item' of class 'dung' that came from mobile 'sheep'). (If I understand your question correctly).

More questions?

aj9251

Sorceror
AodhanW;703094 said:
Lessay... Animals drop dung once during every 8 hours period. Dung stays 24 hours.

Sheep dung would, in fact, be called Sheep Dung. (If I understand your question correctly).

More questions?

Yes, do u want any particular hue or itemid?

AodhanW

Wanderer
aj9251;703097 said:
Yes, do u want any particular hue or itemid?

I'm thinking a basic brown would do for all types of dung, regardless of source. As for ItemID?

Item ID 3900 (0xF3C) for a single unit of dung and 3899 (0xF3B) for multiple units?

In fact, that should cover the 'hue' as well, shouldn't it?

aj9251

Sorceror
AodhanW;703101 said:
I'm thinking a basic brown would do for all types of dung, regardless of source. As for ItemID?

Item ID 3900 (0xF3C) for a single unit of dung and 3899 (0xF3B) for multiple units?

In fact, that should cover the 'hue' as well, shouldn't it?

indeed, i shall see what i can do :)

also can u list all the animals u want to drop dung?

Tru

Knight
There was a sh!tting Horse (would evacuate when attacked) you could pick it up or put it in a bag (lock it down and if walked over would stain footwear). Its close and has the dung object would just need to make the dung have a timer. Not sure if its still around the boards (I have a copy I can post later if needed).

A better question are you sure you want all these extra items and timers?

aj9251

Sorceror
Tru;703103 said:
There was a sh!tting Horse (would evacuate when attacked) you could pick it up or put it in a bag (lock it down and if walked over would stain footwear). Its close and has the dung object would just need to make the dung have a timer. Not sure if its still around the boards (I have a copy I can post later if needed).

Hehe, thats pretty funny :)

IDk ask AodhanW

AodhanW

Wanderer
aj9251;703102 said:
indeed, i shall see what i can do :)

also can u list all the animals u want to drop dung?
For now I'll stick to the domestics, which should cut down on the overall amount of items produced:
Sheep
Horse
Cow

Tru said:

Unless you can think of a better way to:
A - Make Dung disappear after a while.
and
B - Use less timers to accomplish the same end.

Yep.

Tru

Knight
Try the regular Decay Timer, by default it looks like all items are set to Decay after 1 hour. (I'm not actually sure if the decay timer works...but it should)

AodhanW

Wanderer
Tru;703112 said:
Try the regular Decay Timer, by default it looks like all items are set to Decay after 1 hour. (I'm not actually sure if the decay timer works...but it should)

*heh* See.. Me = N00b. Yeah, that should realistically do the trick, and you can set the decay timer there. All items are set to decay after 1 hour by default, you can extend it by simply changing that value in the properties.

thistle beard

Sorceror
thistles idea

well basicly i would like to see something not done before dont know if possible but how about some flying ships with diff types all about 1 1/2 inches in diamiter all would have special wep abillities could use existing ones to weps in game all have wep range like arrows effect or u have to bump each other like bumper cars to battle in melee combat they should all be mountable like horses or a chair u sit in have a small gump for wep and controll panel to fly it u could use flying gryph script for that. and as far as grafics go maybe u could use ships from f-zero the super nes game for outer grapgics and a gump for say craftable parts to upgrade ur ships these could be the stuff for the craftable golems just edit to fit this script [not that i know that that is even possible lol] these parts would either have to be made to drag and drop on ships to add stats or to be dbl clicked to add them also would be nice to have the option to remove the parts from the ships to make tradeable and sellable items in game. they should also move as fast as horses if possible . if u use gryphon script it make it be a little laggy lol i really think this would add something diffrent to the game plz email me if interested at [email protected] i do not care for credit for my idea but i would like a fully working copy if someone decides to take on the project.

ps. there has to be a few space junkies out there lol

C h a o s

Wanderer
back to the first page, the ai of npcs actually being players, hunting, collecting gold, and stuff, ive actually been thinking about that for a while and it would be awesome to see, then the flying ships, welll im not too sure but there is a flying carpet script somwhere around here, uses UP and Down to change Z tiles, might be able to use that system and add it into the Ships script to make them fly, then on the dung issue i do remember a script of a horse that actually did leave dung around every few minutes :D

annd i do remember a shard a few years ago that actually had firing cannons + cannon ball vendors :p and the ships did take damage, but you should be able to figure that out by changing the ships state, like if ur off it a while it becomes worn, osi did it with fire to burn ships during an event :p

Jasonntn

Wanderer
I'm also fascinated by the idea of NPCs with great AI. But I haven't seen a script quite like that around here, unfortunately.

Wild Joker

Wanderer
Pinata

Ok here's what I'd like to make but I'm not sure how do some of it. I'd like to make a pinata that players can stuff themselves and use at parties. Here are some of the thoughts I've had on this so far.

Needs to be a container with health points: My first thought would be like a pack horse as an example, but give it a different Item ID of course...maybe a shrunken pet of some kind.

Needs to have multiple health bars, say 20: I've seen monsters that, upon killing it once, changes into something else and you have to kill that. Basically all you'd need to do is use that code and make it change into itself 20 times.

Needs to be stuffable by a player with a number of items: I was thinking 20 would be a good number. That way there is a health bar for each item inside. The health bars would range in size. Each item would then drop upon each "kill". When the last item drops the item is destroyed.

The items would drop in the back packs: Much like a paragon, upon each successful "kill" the item would be placed in the attacker's backpack.

So the player would buy the empty pinata and stuff it with 20 items. Once the last item is put inside it it becomes usable. The party host would hand out clubs and arrange 4 strikers around the pinata. Each person would take 1 whack at it. Since the health bars would range in size and the whacks would range in strength it would be random who would get what.

I can think of examples of each element in scripts I've seen before. I just can't fathom how to put it all together into a usable item. If you would be willing to work with me on this I would be very grateful.

aj9251

Sorceror
Wild Joker;740620 said:
Ok here's what I'd like to make but I'm not sure how do some of it. I'd like to make a pinata that players can stuff themselves and use at parties. Here are some of the thoughts I've had on this so far.

Needs to be a container with health points: My first thought would be like a pack horse as an example, but give it a different Item ID of course...maybe a shrunken pet of some kind.

Needs to have multiple health bars, say 20: I've seen monsters that, upon killing it once, changes into something else and you have to kill that. Basically all you'd need to do is use that code and make it change into itself 20 times.

Needs to be stuffable by a player with a number of items: I was thinking 20 would be a good number. That way there is a health bar for each item inside. The health bars would range in size. Each item would then drop upon each "kill". When the last item drops the item is destroyed.

The items would drop in the back packs: Much like a paragon, upon each successful "kill" the item would be placed in the attacker's backpack.

So the player would buy the empty pinata and stuff it with 20 items. Once the last item is put inside it it becomes usable. The party host would hand out clubs and arrange 4 strikers around the pinata. Each person would take 1 whack at it. Since the health bars would range in size and the whacks would range in strength it would be random who would get what.

I can think of examples of each element in scripts I've seen before. I just can't fathom how to put it all together into a usable item. If you would be willing to work with me on this I would be very grateful.

What a great idea!! the only problem is i don't know how to go about giving an item "Mobile" characteristics. If anyone can tell me some way of doing this i will for sure work on it!

Thanks for sharing your great idea, Wild Joker!

aj9251

Sorceror
Jasonntn;740430 said:
I'm also fascinated by the idea of NPCs with great AI. But I haven't seen a script quite like that around here, unfortunately.

Thats because no one has the time, nor the patience to do something like this if it is at all possible.

Wild Joker

Wanderer
What a great idea!! the only problem is i don't know how to go about giving an item "Mobile" characteristics. If anyone can tell me some way of doing this i will for sure work on it!

Well like I mentioned, there are examples of a mobile (like a pack horse) that are also a container. I don't know if this is the right direction exactly, but that was the only way I could think of to start. So instead of giving the item "mobile" characteristics, perhaps we should give the mobile "item" characteristics?

Anyone have some thoughts on this?

ETsCat

Sorceror
aj9251;677412 said:
i know this may sound kind of wierd but i want to make a script but i have no clue what to make. i want to make a script for someone, something never done before, please post requests
Ok You want to make a script? How about a Nymph.?
Tamable * if you survive *
Druidic spellCrafter, Magery 100,str 100,mana 100. Only "Natural" weapons/Tools.
Attacks closest, not evel, but Mean. Naked {as Nymphs in history have no cloths}
trainable to 120 in all skills. eats Vegies,not meat.

Also was told you can make a shard Adult with a switch but cant find it. Maby a script that removes all Diapers, for Adult shards?.

Unicorn1259

Wanderer
Staff message

there has been several times I wanted to leave a message for ALL staff when they log on. Like if there is an update they need to be informed about. etc... as it stand now I have to pm each one of them one by one. Would you be able to make a script where I could write one message & it goes to them all. or where I can choose which staff I would like to recieve the message. That would be even better in case I dont need to tell ALL of them, but have the choice to. :) Much appreciated.

shtoink

Sorceror
A forum thingy for banks that integrates with town criers

A forum thingy for banks that integrates with town criers
pls
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.