RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Need A Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elkaiozen

Sorceror
You could have atleast mentioned that the musket is not your script that it was written by Makaar. I know he says you can distribute without giving credit but its still low in my book.

Porters

Wanderer
Random Item Generator

Can you make a script that when you kill another player you CANT loot their corpse but instead a random item/items is generated in the killers backpack.

The level of items should relate to the stats of the player killed.
Better items for killing stronger opponents.

Cheers! :)

mnrjmh04

Wanderer
how about official cleanup britannia system osi style?
it never gave tokens it kept track of your points on the gump for the barrel.
it gave points equal to its sell value to a vendor, and no stackables, newbie or blessed items could be put into it
waybackmachine.com search stratics bring up old stratics websites from 99/2000 til whenever

aj9251

Sorceror
Kaldahar

how about official cleanup britannia system osi style?
it never gave tokens it kept track of your points on the gump for the barrel.
it gave points equal to its sell value to a vendor, and no stackables, newbie or blessed items could be put into it
waybackmachine.com search stratics bring up old stratics websites from 99/2000 til whenever

the points were not stored on the gump, they were stored on your character (aka playmobile.cs) i could make this if you want. Post if you want me to.

Could you make a script for a deed that spawns a guardian dragon when it's dbl-clicked? If possible, make it so it only works in ilshenar dungeons. This would be great, please and thanks. :)

Zorona

Wanderer
How about for RunUO 2:

Seed container
Resource keys - that also will use whats needed from the key

Doom:
Lever Puzzel Area:

In the northern end of the large hall west of the entrance to the dungeon stands four tall statues. Between the statues are 5 pressure pads and 4 levers, these are all part of a devious and lethal puzzle.

To solve the puzzle you have to be in a group of at least 5 people. Each person will have to stand on one of the pressure pads, and then the trick is to figure out which order the levers have to be pulled. Unfortunately this will have to be done by trial and error at first and error usually means death to a few of the people present.

When all four levers have been pulled one of two things will happen. If they were pulled in the wrong order, large boulders will fall from above and hit everyone in the area for a great deal of damage. In addition the that the statues will give you a little clue about what you did wrong. If the levers were pulled in the correct order, the person standing on the green pressure pad in the center of the statues, will be teleported to a small room with no doors, a room commonly known as the lamp room.

Inside the lamp room there can be three things of interest. The first is the level 3 stealable artifact Lamp Post. The second is the level 10 stealable artifact gauntlets "The Inquisitor's Resolution". The third is a small golden box placed on the table in the center of the room.
The golden box turns out to be a cleverly concealed trap when opened though, as a strange creature, known as the Wanderer of the Void, will appear when the lid is lifted.

The 3 tiles in that room to work - One Teleports you right outside the room, One takes you back to puzzle area, One Teleports you outside of Doom

Dark Guardians Room:
In the far northern end of the dungeon, behind 3 sets of double doors, lies room which is one of the most deadly traps known. From the doorway you immediately notice the large piles of human remains just a few steps into the room, but the cause of their death isn't apparent from there. Other things of interest in the room are two large statues near the door, a stone pentagram in the center of the room and a few chests hiding untold riches.

Once you step a few steps into the room, the cause for all the skeletal remains becomes clear though. The massive doors will slam shut and become impossible to open, from out of nowhere a number of Dark Guardians, a creature closely related to the Lich, will appear on the pentagram and deadly poison will slowly start to fill the room, making it increasingly harder to breathe in there.

For each creature in the room two Dark Guardians will appear and now only one thing remains... Kill or be killed. If you manage to kill all the guardians the poison will clear the air, the doors will unlock and you are free to leave. If the guardians manage to kill you, they will disappear and the same things will happen, although when your ghost tries to leaves the room it will be transported to a location in the other end of the dungeon along with your remains.

datguy

Sorceror
I'm using FS: Animal Taming Systems (Generation 2) v1.0.0 For RunUO v2.0.0

I would like when the pet is hungry, at like 90% Loyalty the owner drops whatever the pet likes to eat on it(If they have it in pack) not just bumps it's loyalty but actually drops food on it, so it'll bond etc

When they are killing things & owner has NOT fed them in awhile (loyalty <50) the pet eats what it killed & loyalty is restored(corpse not really eaten but deleted :p)

Currently in PetLeveling.cs i have
if ( ( attacker.Loyalty <= 60 ) && ( Utility.Random( 100 ) < 11 ) )
{

attacker.Loyalty += 10;
attacker.ControlMaster.SendMessage( "Your pet was hungry and has taken a bite!" );
}
I have that Just before
if ( attacker.Level <= attacker.MaxLevel - 1 )
{
attacker.Exp += xpgain;
attacker.ControlMaster.SendMessage( "Your pet has gained {0} experience points.", xpgain );
}

But I'd like to actually feed the pet, can be only when it's killed something if that's easier

Zorona;702509 said:
How about for RunUO 2:

Seed container
Resource keys - that also will use whats needed from the key

Doom:
Lever Puzzel Area:

In the northern end of the large hall west of the entrance to the dungeon stands four tall statues. Between the statues are 5 pressure pads and 4 levers, these are all part of a devious and lethal puzzle.

To solve the puzzle you have to be in a group of at least 5 people. Each person will have to stand on one of the pressure pads, and then the trick is to figure out which order the levers have to be pulled. Unfortunately this will have to be done by trial and error at first and error usually means death to a few of the people present.

When all four levers have been pulled one of two things will happen. If they were pulled in the wrong order, large boulders will fall from above and hit everyone in the area for a great deal of damage. In addition the that the statues will give you a little clue about what you did wrong. If the levers were pulled in the correct order, the person standing on the green pressure pad in the center of the statues, will be teleported to a small room with no doors, a room commonly known as the lamp room.

Inside the lamp room there can be three things of interest. The first is the level 3 stealable artifact Lamp Post. The second is the level 10 stealable artifact gauntlets "The Inquisitor's Resolution". The third is a small golden box placed on the table in the center of the room.
The golden box turns out to be a cleverly concealed trap when opened though, as a strange creature, known as the Wanderer of the Void, will appear when the lid is lifted.

The 3 tiles in that room to work - One Teleports you right outside the room, One takes you back to puzzle area, One Teleports you outside of Doom

Dark Guardians Room:
In the far northern end of the dungeon, behind 3 sets of double doors, lies room which is one of the most deadly traps known. From the doorway you immediately notice the large piles of human remains just a few steps into the room, but the cause of their death isn't apparent from there. Other things of interest in the room are two large statues near the door, a stone pentagram in the center of the room and a few chests hiding untold riches.

Once you step a few steps into the room, the cause for all the skeletal remains becomes clear though. The massive doors will slam shut and become impossible to open, from out of nowhere a number of Dark Guardians, a creature closely related to the Lich, will appear on the pentagram and deadly poison will slowly start to fill the room, making it increasingly harder to breathe in there.

For each creature in the room two Dark Guardians will appear and now only one thing remains... Kill or be killed. If you manage to kill all the guardians the poison will clear the air, the doors will unlock and you are free to leave. If the guardians manage to kill you, they will disappear and the same things will happen, although when your ghost tries to leaves the room it will be transported to a location in the other end of the dungeon along with your remains.

Funny enough all three of your request already exist in the script archieves or custom script release sections. If you give the forums a good search you should be able to find them. Good luck I hope you can locate what you are looking for! :D

aj9251;700696 said:
the points were not stored on the gump, they were stored on your character (aka playmobile.cs) i could make this if you want. Post if you want me to.

You could actually make this without touching the playermobile. In fact I have one I made for my server a year ago or so that is like 90% finished but I never bothered with it seeing as I couldn't think of neat enough rewards. You would need to use dictionaries. The Key values would be the player who is using the can, and the value would be an int that is storing the points. Every time the player drops an item into the trash can make it search all of the keys, if a key that is the player mobile doesn't already exist add them, if they do, instead of adding them make it do a += 1 to their value. Then in the same on drop method have it call another method that checks to see if they have enough points stored for a reward, if so send them a reward gump, if not then do nothing.

Its actually fairly simple once you get used to using dictionaries, however I won't pretend they are easy to figure out the first time, as it took me some time with an experienced scripter to finally get my head wrapped around the proper function of a Dictionary ( God bless Khaz ). Anyways reguardless of what way you decide to do it I have faith in your scripting and know you will make a nice system. Good luck AJ! :D

AodhanW

Wanderer
aj9251;677426 said:
sigh, what do u think i am superman lol think something a little more easier and practical :)

Don't know what kind of things you've been handed so far..

But I was just thinking today how much I'd like a script that makes certain mobiles (Cows, Horses, All Deer (Including Hinds), and Sheep to be precise) drop a 'dung' object that decays after a given time wherever they wander.

Animal specific would be best.. IE - The dung object would specify whether it was 'cow' 'horse' 'deer (any of them)' or 'sheep'.

For those of you that are wondering.. This is part of a crafting project I'm working on. I'm in the middle of learning how to script so I can do a major overhaul of the crafting system UO uses.

Kami-jin

Wanderer
Here's An idea that I've been dying to try out: An Astrology System (preferably one to replace the Character Skill Allocation screen at Character Creation) where, when a Player creates their character, they'll be randomly given a Astrology Sign (or perferably given one depending on the Date when they create their Character) that'll effect their starting Stats.

Some thing like:
Sign of the Bear = Extra 30 points to Strength
Sign of the Snake = +5 to Poison Cap
Sign of the Drake = Extra Fire Resist
Sign of the Nightengale = +5 to Peacekeeping

[Or maybe something more in line with the shard that uses it.]

It'd introduce an interesting Variance to the otherwise stale "Cookie Cutter" players that I've seen out there (on some Shards, anyway.)

Bhodi

Wanderer
Loot bags..

I have an Idea for a script.. I'd like a script that when a mob dies there is a chance for a goody bag, or a Power Scroll bag to drop. I was thinkin of creating a single place to add items to a list instead of editing every file I wanted in the bags according to lvl or difficulty of Creature. I had a simple system on a server I was playin around with but it was very in effective.. Ie I had to edit every Item and creature script I had.. I got tired of the Errors and such it was causing so I scrapped it and went back to easier scripts till I get a lil more experience..

Some of the details I had in mind were lvl'd bags.. ie goody bag 1 with simple item in it, lvl 2 with bit nicer item etc.. same with PS bags.. lvl 1 ps 105 lvl 2 ps 110 etc.

I head tell of a couple servers with a system like this..even sent a few tells to mods there for a lil help but got the cold shoulder instead. A Central file for adding loot to the different lvl'd bags is the main thing I am lookin for..

Bhodi;702978 said:
I have an Idea for a script.. I'd like a script that when a mob dies there is a chance for a goody bag, or a Power Scroll bag to drop. I was thinkin of creating a single place to add items to a list instead of editing every file I wanted in the bags according to lvl or difficulty of Creature. I had a simple system on a server I was playin around with but it was very in effective.. Ie I had to edit every Item and creature script I had.. I got tired of the Errors and such it was causing so I scrapped it and went back to easier scripts till I get a lil more experience..

Some of the details I had in mind were lvl'd bags.. ie goody bag 1 with simple item in it, lvl 2 with bit nicer item etc.. same with PS bags.. lvl 1 ps 105 lvl 2 ps 110 etc.

I head tell of a couple servers with a system like this..even sent a few tells to mods there for a lil help but got the cold shoulder instead. A Central file for adding loot to the different lvl'd bags is the main thing I am lookin for..

Lootpacks ftw.

( though now i think about it you could probly do this very easily with an override in BaseCreature.cs lol )

aj9251

Sorceror
Kami-jin;702973 said:
Here's An idea that I've been dying to try out: An Astrology System (preferably one to replace the Character Skill Allocation screen at Character Creation) where, when a Player creates their character, they'll be randomly given a Astrology Sign (or perferably given one depending on the Date when they create their Character) that'll effect their starting Stats.

Some thing like:
Sign of the Bear = Extra 30 points to Strength
Sign of the Snake = +5 to Poison Cap
Sign of the Drake = Extra Fire Resist
Sign of the Nightengale = +5 to Peacekeeping

[Or maybe something more in line with the shard that uses it.]

It'd introduce an interesting Variance to the otherwise stale "Cookie Cutter" players that I've seen out there (on some Shards, anyway.)

I don't even thing u can replace the skill pick screen, i believe it is hard coded into the client.

None the less a great idea, and seems like a fairly simple script.

Please post more details on this wonderful script!! :)

aj9251

Sorceror
AodhanW;702960 said:
Don't know what kind of things you've been handed so far..

But I was just thinking today how much I'd like a script that makes certain mobiles (Cows, Horses, All Deer (Including Hinds), and Sheep to be precise) drop a 'dung' object that decays after a given time wherever they wander.

Animal specific would be best.. IE - The dung object would specify whether it was 'cow' 'horse' 'deer (any of them)' or 'sheep'.

For those of you that are wondering.. This is part of a crafting project I'm working on. I'm in the middle of learning how to script so I can do a major overhaul of the crafting system UO uses.

Yet another good script idea, Could you possibly provide a bit more info?

For example the name of the dung? eg (Sheep Dung) (Dung of the sheep)
Timer info? how long before an animal drops dung, how long dung stays.

Great idea though!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.