RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archeological system

Macil

Sorceror
Testing your monster addin Iraq....
*Edit* No monsters spawned at all. Went thru a brush, gained 10 artifacts & no critters.

Oh, and Macil? 5000 mining? All I can say to that is [CENSORED]! lol No wonder you got a 1 in 1. *sigh* lol

*Looks down in shame* :(

milva

Sorceror
Another bug with the way things are currently is that you can remain hidden and dig.
You should add
This is not "a bug" any one wishing for their player's to not be able to hide while they are
on a dig, is up to you and your server- if you feel you don't want your player's to hide while
doing this, then sure add the code;)

tass23

Page
There's no way you could solo a level 6 t-map on OSI shards if you couldn't invis/hide while digging.
Can you imagine being the ONLY player visible when 3 AWs, 2 Balrons, and 2 Poison Elementals spawn at once? Can we say dead? ;)

Macil

Sorceror
Okay, I found a bit more time to sit down and play with this. And, at least for the moment I'm going to remove my foot from my mouth from earlier lol. I did notice it more or less IS a 1 in 1 chance. My wife has no admin/GM status on her player account so she tested this with 100 mining (enough to read the book, right?). We noticed that you did not always dig up an artifact, there were fails however it did not consume a use on the brush for the fails. So essentially by the time you were done sitting there - which isn't very long, you've still collected 10 artifacts from the brush.

Is it meant to work like this? How do I make it so the brush consumes uses weather they found something or not? I want to make this much more challenging for my future players heh (shard still isn't public yet).

tass23

Page
I haven't gotten this installed yet, but I'm guessing Hammer set the brush up like the other usable tools. Check them for a reference, or wait and see if Hammer fixes it :D

Iraq-

Sorceror
This is not "a bug" any one wishing for their player's to not be able to hide while they are
on a dig, is up to you and your server- if you feel you don't want your player's to hide while
doing this, then sure add the code;)
I like the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" comment.

There's no way you could solo a level 6 t-map on OSI shards if you couldn't invis/hide while digging.
Can you imagine being the ONLY player visible when 3 AWs, 2 Balrons, and 2 Poison Elementals spawn at once? Can we say dead? ;)
No, you can't hide while digging up a chest. You can only hide afterwards or while lockpicking. Digging and looting both reveal you.
Hiding while digging stops the process.

That would completely surpass the point of danger spawning both after digging and while looting.

milva

Sorceror
Where did I state "it's a feature"? I simply stated not all server's may want the
code you posted where a player can't hide while digging? I stated "its not bug"

tass23

Page
I can invis while digging.....probably hide too, I'm just use to using invis. Once the chest starts coming up you can invis. Or has this been changed recently on OSI shards?

Iraq-

Sorceror
Where did I state "it's a feature"? I simply stated not all server's may want the code you posted where a player can't hide while digging? I stated "its not bug"
You didn't, it was implied. The only one who can decide is Hammerhand, which is who my comments are directed at seeing that he is the one upgrading the system and it's up to him to decide what is and what isn't intended with his system. I am merely giving feedback from my testing of his system, and pointers on how to make it better.

I can invis while digging.....probably hide too, I'm just use to using invis. Once the chest starts coming up you can invis. Or has this been changed recently on OSI shards?
You can't hide, you never could.. Even with casting invis, and no matter what time you try it while digging up the chest .. hiding/casting/walking all stop the action. So long as the chest isn't 100% pulled up, it goes away completely.

You can test it if you'd like, but I have done so already. There are very few systems in UO that allow you to profit while completely hidden. That takes all of the risk out of the reward.

Anyways, good system Hammerhand.
I'll be checking out more of yours.

Hammerhand

Knight
I didnt add monsters or other items because I didnt want it to come off like an altered copy of Ronin's GraveDigger system. Which is also why I did it requiring a region made for it. I figure if someone wants monsters popping up, they could use spawners.

bazspeed

Sorceror
Hi.

no matter how hard i try, i cannot get this to work. I get error everywhere, i have tried editing the regions.xml tried removing the details from brush, but nothing seems to work.

I am not altogether happy with the instructions tho, none of it is very clear.

I would like the tools to work anywhere where there is sand. But I cannot figure it out. can anyone help?

Tru

Knight
Hi.

no matter how hard i try, i cannot get this to work. I get error everywhere, i have tried editing the regions.xml tried removing the details from brush, but nothing seems to work.

I would like the tools to work anywhere where there is sand. But I cannot figure it out. can anyone help?

Post your errors.

milva

Sorceror
Hi.

What error's are you getting with this? Did you also do the playermobile edits?

In PlayerMobile.cs / Enums
Archeology = 0x008000000,
then farther down in the Player Flags region
[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
public bool Archeology
{
get { return GetFlag(PlayerFlag.Archeology); }
set { SetFlag(PlayerFlag.Archeology, value); }
}

jamesreg

Sorceror
Ok if you are removing the lines in the Brush script for region control which ones do you edit or remove because I removed some of them and now server crashes when I use the brush sometimes and I know it was from removing those lines. so I must have not done something right

bazspeed

Sorceror
Ok, Will go through the stages. First off is the brush. I get this error.

Code:
+ Customs/Archeological/Archeoloical Brush.cs:
    CS0234: Line 31: The type or namespace name 'ArcheoligicalDigRegion' does not exist in the namespace 'Server.Regions' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I have entered the following code into region.xml

Code:
<region type="ArcheologyDigRegion" priority="50" name="Archeology Dig Region">
<music name="Nujelm" />
<guards disabled="true" />
<zrange min="0" />
<rect x="3783" y="1017" width="200" height="200" />
<rect x="3767" y="945" width="200" height="200" />
<rect x="3907" y="1026" width="200" height="200" />
<rect x="3903" y="1017" width="200" height="200" />
<zrange min="-20" />
<go x="3834" y="967" z="0" />
<logoutDelay active="false" />
</region>

I did see an extra

- <region> in there, i removed that, should i have left it in?

milva

Sorceror
This is saying you don't have ArcheoligicalDigRegion<<<<<Notice the difference in spelling?

And this is the name in your regionxml-ArcheologyDigRegion<<<<<<Notice the difference in spelling?
Also add </region> Just above your <region type="ArcheologyDigRegion
I will also attach a pretty nifty region script-where you can control rune marking and such.
This script just goes into your custom folder-be sure the name inside is exact to your region name

Attachments

• MyCustomRegionArcheology.cs
    2 KB · Views: 7

bazspeed

Sorceror
Thank you Milva, the script i put was hand copied, but i cut and pasted the original into the regions.xml.

I did add your custom region too, but still had the same problem.

I added the </region> back in above the <region type****
but got a shed load of errors

I would like it to work properly, but if not, will go for all sand is digable. Is that possible?

milva

Sorceror
Customs/Archeological/Archeoloical Brush.cs:(this name does not match one below}
you have this for your error
and in the script it is --
ArcheologistsBrush
Also you need to name your region.xml as this ArcheologicalDigRegion
As this is how the brush script is
if (from.Region.IsPartOf(typeof(Regions.ArcheologicalDigRegion)))

bazspeed

Sorceror
Please ignore the typos, this is due to the fact that I typed the code in to the forum, dont know how to cut and paste from the c box.

I uploaded the files as is, no editing has been made in them.

milva

Sorceror
Have you tried yet changing the name of your name (region) in Regionxml to
ArcheologicalDigRegion ?