RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athiests will enjoy this

Mo Khan

Wanderer
o0_Sithid_0o said:
Personally, Ive never tried to discredit the existance of a God/Higher power. There has to be one. What im not happy with is puting a finger on any one god and or saying any religion is wrong. In the end theres one "god", one higher power. You all worship the same dude, idc what you call him.

around here, He goes by the name of Sprinkler.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku said:
Doesn't work the same way in reverse, genius.

Really?
Are you claiming that you are fluent in Aramaic (a dead language I must add), and that you have matched up every one of those verses in an ancient Aramaic version of those texts, and they still mean the exact same thing?

Somehow I doubt it :rolleyes:

...you do realize that synonyms are words with "the same or nearly the same meaning". You can't have a word be a synonym of another word, and not vice versa, because a synonym is made based on the definitions of BOTH words. Completely is simply not listed because the thesaurus only lists a small list of possible synonyms for each word.

Either way, it doesn't matter whether I can speak Aramaic or not, or what the Aramaic version states. You adhere to and endorse "completely" that book with those passages in it, whether that's what it's "meant" to say or not.

Joeku

Lord
Lmfao @ DDTS :D

Courageous said:
Why, would you say, that this is any less reasonable than most of the other religions in the world?

C//
Most of the other religions in the world are extremely old... but we all know that the Smurfs series is the brainchild of Pierre "Peyo" Culliford. It's ridiculous to start saying that something we know he created, is God.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Joeku said:
Lmfao @ DDTS :D

Most of the other religions in the world are extremely old... but we all know that the Smurfs series is the brainchild of Pierre "Peyo" Culliford. It's ridiculous to start saying that something we know he created, is God.
Did you physically see him create it? If not you know nothing. Philosophy 4tw

Courageous

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
It does not change the fact that there is a causality that exists for said observation.

You do not know that.

To say we do not know that causality drives the existence of material substance and events would be to completely deny the entire theory itself.

Correct. To the degree that I understand your theory, I deny the entire thing.

Science has proven through its various fields of study that causality is the driving mechanism for our world.

To the contrary, there exists science dramatically at odds with this.

BTW, this whole argument line of yours is known widely amongst philosophers as "First Cause." It is well-dissected and refuted. However, even if we accept First Cause at face value, at most we're left with is the notion that some creator whatzit thingy must have created everything I see, therefore this entity is_____? Therefore I should behave ____?

C//

Kiwi

Knight
Two things:

1. I hope there is a God and I hope it's a black lesbian. Total reality check for millions of fuckheads.

2. If not, I could totally kick his ass.

Joeku

Lord
Kiwi said:
Two things:

1. I hope there is a God and I hope it's a black lesbian. Total reality check for millions of fuckheads.

2. If not, I could totally kick his ass.
If God was a lesbian, He couldn't have had a son :p

Joeku

Lord
Just remembered to look at this now that I'm home and I can see it:

DontdroptheSOAD said:
This is one of my favorites

I seem to remember seeing this one dude with long hair...

Oh yeah,
It's from the movie, Dogma.