RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athiests will enjoy this

Stop pissing outside the toilet bowl?

How about we just say dont be so closeminded or something? Why is an expression needed at all.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
Stop pissing outside the toilet bowl?

How about we just say dont be so closeminded or something? Why is an expression needed at all.

Because people take offense to being called close-minded, so we have to make up an expression so no one gets hurt. :d

Why is it the atheists in this community constantly have to try to prove that the religious members are fools for being so? You don't see many religious people coming here and starting threads intended to debunk atheism.

It gets really old reading through thread after thread where atheists attack the religious, and vice versa.

"Why not let people differ about their answers to the great mysteries of the Universe? Let each seek one's own way to the highest, to one's own sense of supreme loyalty in life, one's ideal of life. Let each philosophy, each world-view bring forth its truth and beauty to a larger perspective, that people may grow in vision, stature and dedication."

Slayer706

Sorceror
Uhhh, I don't think that was the original intent of this thread. If it was, there would be a huge flame war going on right now and your post would have been drowned out. Oh, and this is only the third Atheist topic I have seen on the forums. However, I have seen at least thirty religious ones.... Just none lately.

Taking things to extremes is bad because it implies that there is no room left for doubt or questioning. I'm sure we can all agree that even in situations where we think we are 100% correct, checking to make sure occasionally is not terrible.
But being too open minded is an extreme, and is therefore bad by that logic. So everyone should be open minded, but also closed minded in some cases. But if you are close minded, you are taking an extreme. And extremes are bad, so you should be open minded. I believe that is what is called a "paradox".

@WarAngel: Telling someone to think outside the box is the same thing as telling them they are close-minded. Anyone with half a brain would see that and take offense the same way they would for being called close-minded. Patronizing phrases make things worse, not better.

Courageous

Wanderer
Why is it the atheists in this community constantly have to try to prove that the religious members are fools for being so?

You know. I've had literally dozens of religious people knock on my various doors over the years. Hell, I've even been "witnessed" to on the beach.

But never... not once -- EVER! -- have I had an atheist come knockin'.

C//

Kenko

Page
Lol.

Still there is people who beleaves in nothing (and I mean not even atheism), like me, who don't give a shit, but still like to listen to intelligent speeches about humanity.

Kiwi

Knight
Slayer706 said:
But being too open minded is an extreme, and is therefore bad by that logic. So everyone should be open minded, but also closed minded in some cases. But if you are close minded, you are taking an extreme. And extremes are bad, so you should be open minded. I believe that is what is called a "paradox".

You just love to make everything as complicated as possible, don't you?

You're terrible to argue with.

WarAngel

Wanderer
o0_Sithid_0o said:
@WarAngel: Telling someone to think outside the box is the same thing as telling them they are close-minded. Anyone with half a brain would see that and take offense the same way they would for being called close-minded. Patronizing phrases make things worse, not better.

People like you are exactly why the phrase exists. Thanks for posting. :)

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous said:
You know. I've had literally dozens of religious people knock on my various doors over the years. Hell, I've even been "witnessed" to on the beach.

But never... not once -- EVER! -- have I had an atheist come knockin'.

C//

I agree that they are annoying, but unfortunately, they have nothing to do with the forums, which is what TOD was talking about.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
...is definitionally a word? I understand what it would mean, but is it a word? :confused:...

And Atheism is the religion of Humanism. It is my firm opinion that everyone has a "religion", it is just that some "religions" are not really thought of as such.

In short, think whatever you like.