RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System Updates

Xanthos

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 19917
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Customs\Special Systems\Xanthos - Auction System 1.1.14\Items\
MobileStatuette.cs: CS0234: (line 12, column 15) The type or namespace name 'Int
erfaces' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Xanthos' (are you missing an
assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Customs\Special Systems\Xanthos - Auction System 1.1.14\Auctio
nItem.cs: CS0234: (line 20, column 15) The type or namespace name 'Interfaces' d
oes not exist in the class or namespace 'Xanthos' (are you missing an assembly r
eference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
I got these errors.

I forgot to update Utilities. But there is an issue with an ambigious reference to "SavingsAccounts". I have another system that uses that Class name from the forums. But I will go through the auction system and change the name. Thanks Seanchen.

X

Xanthos

Lucid Nagual said:
I forgot to update Utilities. But there is an issue with an ambigious reference to "SavingsAccounts". I have another system that uses that Class name from the forums. But I will go through the auction system and change the name. Thanks Seanchen.

<soap_box>
Part of the reason ambiguous references are so pervasive in RunUO problem is that inexperienced "scripters" write new modules in the aleady overloaded server name spaces. Only server programmers should be putting items there. Had the author not chosen to put his SavingsAccount class in the Server.Items namespace we would not be wasting time dealing with this.
</soap_box>

Xanthos

<soap_box>
Part of the reason ambiguous references are so pervasive in RunUO problem is that inexperienced "scripters" write new modules in the aleady overloaded server name spaces. Only server programmers should be putting items there. Had the auther not chosen to put his SavingsAccount class in the Server.Items namespace we would not be wasting time dealing with this.
</soap_box>
I never knew that. Thanks for the tip. You are correct.
Code:
[SIZE=2]namespace Server.Items
{
public class SavingsAccount : Item 
{
[/SIZE]

X

Xanthos

In Auction version 1.14 there is a bug in the SavingsAccount where the name properties are not working correctly. Until I update the package again, the code can easily be patched. Open SavingsAccount.cs and find the AddNameProperties method and replace it with the following:

Code:
		public override void AddNameProperties( ObjectPropertyList list )
		{
			base.AddNameProperties( list );

list.Add( Name );
			list.Add( 1060658, "Gold\t{0}", Gold.ToString( "#,0" ) ); // ~1_val~: ~2_val~
#if USE_DAAT_TOKENS
			list.Add( 1060659, "Tokens\t{0}", Tokens.ToString( "#,0" ) ); // ~1_val~: ~2_val~
#endif
		}

I have some suggestion. Is it possible to add small unical number for each auction that will be shown in auction listing and auction's gump, with search integration? It would be very comfortable to keep this number on shard's forum to forward people faster on to specific auction.

X

Xanthos

That is a great suggestion. I will consider it for the next release.

Thats so cool, and your whole auction system!

But I forgot about some thing... About pay money confirmation, beqause people don't know (without caculator) how much money they must pay, may be some small confirmation gump, if its possible?

Sorry, I wasn't say about in previous post.

Vertigo

Wanderer
hello Xanthos
Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Auction\AuctionConfig.cs: CS0234: (line 11
6, column 54) The type or namespace name 'Daat99Tokens' does not exist in the cl
ass or namespace 'Server.Items' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Auction\AuctionConfig.cs: CS0234: (line 11
7, column 59) The type or namespace name 'TokenCheck' does not exist in the clas
s or namespace 'Server.Items' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I dont have daat99tokens so got errors :(
Auc. 1.15

X

Xanthos

Vertigo,

I have just uploaded 1.16 which removes the compile time dependencies on Daat99Tokens.

bryant

Sorceror
for some reason

my new players arent getting a bankaccount when they start, i put in the create charcter file like was said too, have any i deas whats up?

Axels

Wanderer
Savings acct Tokens

Hi i installed everything, added to chacter creation the line to add savings account to bank box. Go into came create a new char checked bank box saw the savings account box clicked it it gives be gold balance but no option for tokens. Went through the savings account.cs file looked for something to add the tokens cant seem to find it. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S I hope this makes sence

Axels

Wanderer
Axels said:
Hi i installed everything, added to chacter creation the line to add savings account to bank box. Go into came create a new char checked bank box saw the savings account box clicked it it gives be gold balance but no option for tokens. Went through the savings account.cs file looked for something to add the tokens cant seem to find it. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S I hope this makes sence

Hi I figured it out need to read instructions better needed to edit the Config file and now it works.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Axels

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
i get a lot of erros when I just drop the scripts in my script folder....

is there anything I have to do to install the system ??

:/

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Johabius said:
Please post the errors that you are getting so that someone may be able to help you better:)
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\NOVOS\Leilão\Xanthos\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (line 12,
 column 7) The type or namespace name 'Ultima' could not be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\NOVOS\Leilão\Xanthos\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0246: (line 225
, column 18) The type or namespace name 'StringList' could not be found (are you
 missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

this is the error

seanandre

Sorceror
Make sure you are using the latest version of Xanthos Utilities. You can find them in the first post in this thread along with the Auction system. I got this error when I first started using the Auction system, and getting the latest version of Utilities fixed it.