RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas must be Banned

haazen

Sorceror
Christmas must be Banned

Today, Rabbi Elazar, threaten a law suit against the Seattle Air Port for having a Christmas tree displayed and not a menorah. The tree is a secular/commercial symbol as declared by the Supreme Court and the menorah is a religious symbol. Difference? We are seeing more and more nut cases complaining about Christmas symbols, the name, the meaning. Before long with all the frivolous lawsuits and complaints, Christmas will be outlawed. "Merry Early Winter Gift Giving and Happiness Season" It just don't have the same ring or roll of the tongue.

Do you have to pre-register to become one of these spokesmen for absurdity? Is there a fee? Is there a list that can be searched so as not to duplicate effort? Is there a waiting/cooling off time? I want my fifteen minutes. If it is not already taken, I want to be the spokesman for the evil and hurtful practice of calling Dachshunds "wiener dogs". Can I get on the evening news with this equally absurd issue as so many others do everyday.

Absurd like 2 months ago the proclaimed atheist in Houston complained they were offended by the Ten Commandments on display on city property. The Ten Commandments should be just words to an atheist and have no affect what so ever on them. I don't believe in ghosts, so movies, books and believers of ghosts should offend me and therefore be outlawed?

What absurdity do you want to be spokesman for? Sorry, I hate to offend, Spokesperson. Or what other absurdity have you seen someone using to vie for their fifteen minutes?

Slayer706

Sorceror
Absurd like 2 months ago the proclaimed atheist in Houston complained they were offended by the Ten Commandments on display on city property. The Ten Commandments should be just words to an atheist and have no affect what so ever on them. I don't believe in ghosts, so movies, books and believers of ghosts should offend me and therefore be outlawed?
So if a judge hung pentagrams and photos displaying animal sacrifice all over his building, you wouldn't care at all? What if he had a big statue of the ten commandments with "Satan Rulez" scratched into the surface? They should be just images to you, and have no effect what so ever. Oh, and ghosts aren't a religion.

This nation was founded on Christian principles.

Don't like it? GTFO.
This nation was founded on the seperation of church and state. Ever heard of those documents called "The Constitution" and the "Bill of Rights"?

However, I guess we could go back to the Christian principles age. Them Salem Witch Trials were nice, eh?

haazen

Sorceror
Slayer706 said:
So if a judge hung pentagrams and photos displaying animal sacrifice all over his building, you wouldn't care at all?
A pentagram means nothing to me. Killing animals for your own blood lust and calling it religion is the same as Radical Muslims coming to kill you, and calling it the will of God.
Oh, and ghosts aren't a religion.
Neither is a Christmas Tree.

TheOutkastDev said:
This nation was founded on Christian principles.

Don't like it? GTFO.
Actually it was founded on Religious FREEDOM. The pilgrims were being persecuted by...... someone. And wanted to practice their religion w/o being hassled. Nice try tho.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well.... It is kinda written in plain English. I haven't seen any official government document, however, that states the government is affiliated solely with the Christian religion.

Consider this:
You go to a small claims court to sue someone for your property back. The courtroom is decorated with Islamic symbols and artifacts. The defendant is also Islamic.
Now, if you lost and the right was on your side or you presented your case well, wouldn't you feel discriminated against?

That is the kind of crap that causes riots and car bombs. It is so much easier for the courts to just remain neutral. No person should say this before their trial "I hope I get Judge <insert name here> because he is a die-hard <insert religion here> and won't convict me."

EDIT-
A pentagram means nothing to me. Killing animals for your own blood lust and calling it religion is the same as Radical Muslims coming to kill you, and calling it the will of God.
Ummm, it is part of some religions to sacrifice animals to their God. Are they just blood-thirsty heathens wanting to kill something? Hardly.

Oh, and Christmas trees are affiliated with a religious holiday. Ghosts aren't, because Halloween isn't considered a religious holiday anymore. There are die-hard religious fanatics that won't give candy on Halloween because they consider it satanist though.

Kenko

Page
Fuck church. Lets burn the pope in a dark ritual, resulting in three black mana and revenge for all the "witches" slaughtered in the past.

I would sleep funnier if we did.

Cadamus

Wanderer
Christmas Tree

Really the Christmas tree ,has nothing to do with Christmas ,its a pagan thing added like the Easter Bunny and so on. But Christmas trees are pretty

TMSTKSBK

Lord
...hijack? anyone? *grins evilly*

And people should probably stfu and get on with their lives...

Religion is part of life. If there's a religious holiday, guess what? GET OVER IT. You don't see me freaking out about the celebration of other religions' holidays. You get to do the same with your religion (or lack thereof). Now shuddup and let's all get on with life.

Lol, people need to just stfu about christmas trees. Maybe back in the day they actually ment something but now they dont. Excluding most christian believers christmas is just another excuse to either get drunk, spend money, or get freebies.

o0_Sithid_0o said:
Lol, people need to just stfu about christmas trees. Maybe back in the day they actually ment something but now they dont. Excluding most christian believers christmas is just another excuse to either get drunk, spend money, or get freebies.
Or to see what presents Santa left under your mother. ^^