RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas must be Banned

Manu

Knight
Jarrod said:
lets call it "Cashmas" and hang fake money everywhere. Thats what the season has boiled down to anyways. No harm in some truth in advertising.

QFT

My dick is longer than this message

Radwen

Wanderer
Jarrod said:
lets call it "Cashmas" and hang fake money everywhere. Thats what the season has boiled down to anyways. No harm in some truth in advertising.
Agreed.

I hate Christmas as you all know.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Jarrod said:

Just because the people that live around you are selfish assholes doesn't mean they are everywhere. Christmas is still celebrated with a lot of passion here.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Next person who gets irritated at me because I wished them a 'Merry Christmas' gets an ass-kicking.

TheOutkastDev said:
Nobody is hassling anyone. Just understand that an overwhelming majority of people in this country are practicing Christians. If you can't handle looking at a Cross, or hearing Silent Night, then you aught to move on.

A survey was done in late 2002 about the importance of religion to people of different nations. An overwhelming 59% of people in the U.S. said religion was "very imporant." The next closest country was Canada at 30%.

The fact of the matter is this country is substantially more religious than any other country in the world. If exposure to other people's religion in public bothers you, then you're living in the wrong country.
I could care less about people looking at a cross or not. I have no problems with people putting up christmas trees either. Not arguin that part. People should have the right to practise their religion w/o any problems or moronic lawsuits coming their way. In Fact, I encourage people to do it. I was just pointing out that this country wasn't founded on christian principles, as much as religious freedom.

Killamus

Knight
I'm athesist, and I believe in christmas. Not the whole "Jesus is born, bow your heads!" kinda stuff, but more like "Its a free day off! Lets give eachother shit and hang out with loved ones and or friends!". Its all how you view it. No one in my family is really *that* religious where all we do is pray on christmas or something, but we all have a fun time getting the family together and meeting with old friends.

I still like the nativity set my mother got for me 15 years ago on my first birthday.

And yes, the forum is wrong, I'm 16, not 20.

I was watching the world news and this one guy said something that really made sense...

"Celebrating a holiday you believe in does not mean its a insult to others that don't believe"

Christmas means alot of different things to everyone...If you don't believe then don't...But don't try and rune it for ones that do...EVERYONE has a choice in what they believe in and its bullshit for others to try and rune it for the majority of the people....

If ONE PERSON can raise such hell over a Christmas Tree and get things done the way they want, think of what a big percentage of people raising the same hell to keep it would do...It all comes down to taking a stand on things that you believe in...

Peoharen

Sorceror
Warning, offensive post, get over it.

ASayre said:
Next person who gets irritated at me because I wished them a 'Merry Christmas' gets an ass-kicking.
Hell yeah.

holiday (n.) A day free from work that one may spend at leisure, especially a day on which custom or the law dictates a halting of general business activity to commemorate or celebrate a particular event.
holiday (n.) A religious feast day; a holy day.
holiday (v.) Chiefly British To pass a holiday or vacation.
Source, Webster told me so...

[rant]
Damn, there went our holidays becuse some stupid people that need to be strapped down to a chair and beaten with golf clubs opened their bitch holes.

To their version of hell with them, Their a group of unfortunate mutants that should be penciled in for a vist from the angel of death.

@ "them": Your only throwing a fit becuse it's not a ankh or whatever the hell you worship. I hope you find out you have a inoperable tumor at the base of your spine. Shut the hell up before I fuck start your mouth.

If some jewish person walks up and says "Happy hunitka" to me I will reply something (what I think is) nice back. Like parroting the words back, or by saying "You too," I might end up saying "Marry christmas" back, but that does not matter. I am not trying to convert you to my belifs. I'm just returning the kindess the only way I care to know how.

I don't take offense from you wishing me a good day in your religion.
If you want to take offense if I wish you a good day then let me make up for it. "I hope you die from massive internal bleeding after twenty-five japaese guys have a bukka in your ass." Feel better now?

Their genetic defects that were turned loose to piss us off. If we throw a stick they may chase it, maybe if we ignore them their go away. Shooting them with a combinition uzi radar lazer triple barrel double scoped heatseeking shotgun will make things better and it's a hell of alot faster too.

[/rant]

Edit, newsman just said he withdrawed his threat, kill the basterd and lets go home.

Cadamus

Wanderer
Christmas Tree

I agree 100% with you ,All these people that want the world to change because they don't like what the Majority likes, reguardless of what it is . Remember that what goes around comes around and someone will want to change what they like or believe in.

On and i still think Christmas Trees are Pretty.
:D

Slayer706

Sorceror
I agree 100% with you ,All these people that want the world to change because they don't like what the Majority likes, reguardless of what it is . Remember that what goes around comes around and someone will want to change what they like or believe in.
And that is what makes the world go 'round. It is human nature to try to press what you think on everyone else. In this case, you either do it by putting up a Christmas Tree, by taking one down, or by not putting one up in the first place.

Kiwi said:
If they aren't free, they aren't worth playing.
Oh but it is! It's quite the fun! You should play the free version, and when you're sitting there hearing about SL and AI and all their great things you're like OOOOO SWEET! and then I did that and I was like "lemme try!!!" and I clicked the buy button and it changed my account into the pay type and I had a week but didn't really have the method so the payment didn't go through and I was all like "damn that sucks!" and now I can't play AO and it's killing me to death you know Kiwi? It's just terrible! Terrible terrible...

Anti-Basic said:
I was just pointing out that this country wasn't founded on christian principles, as much as religious freedom.

I'll belief that when the Constitution no longer says "God" (with a capital G no less) and instead says <insert religious deity here>.