RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas must be Banned

bzk90

Lord
Cadamus said:
Really the Christmas tree ,has nothing to do with Christmas ,its a pagan thing added like the Easter Bunny and so on. But Christmas trees are pretty

a pagan thing that was added? I hate to break your heart but the tree came first...the Christians added the whole Christ thing when they were trying to convert the "heathens"

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I think he means "added to the celebration of Christ's birth". Which was conveniently placed to be just a little off from Yule.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Actually, one person would still be here. Unless of course, that person voted themselves off after everyone else was gone.

Dudes..... Christmas ain't about gift giving OR Jesus. Its about the Victoria's Secret thing with the Chicks dressed in the little Santa Underwear... tsk newbs...

Some people will gripe about anything they can...People try to push their veiws on everyone out there that will listen...The media gets ratings on crap like this ;so yes it will be put on tv...

People need to *excuse my langauge* STFU .... if you don't like it walk away! There has been Christmas trees since I think it was 1512, now are we gonna change shit because of a whiner? If MORE people would stand up and fight back then the majority would win the battle no matter what the battle is....;)

If I had a extra tree I would have one out in my yard...Makes me want to go buy one to plant and decorate every Christmas...:D

There are all kinds of meanings for the Christmas tree...But it started out as kids play for along time....This is what St. Nick put presents under even in the old days...Lol Its a since of life since it will live in the harshes winters...It was a way to bring greenery in your home...Do a search on it and you'll see all the meanings and the christian meanings of the Christmas Tree...Its whatever it means to you, thats what counts....;)

Bleach said:
Okay, I have to get this off my chest.

Christmas, to me, is bullshit.

Its that time of year, where we put on our fake smiles, act like our lives are perfect, call the people we secretly hate, wish them well, waste cash, get time off work so we cant make any more, come together and be "merry", grinning, uttering death threats under the breath, receiving gifts that we dont want/need to take up space.

Say whatever the fuck you want, but I hate Christmas. I swear, I wish I was a Jhoves Witness, and didn't celebrate anything.

Fuck, I cant even call it Christmas. CHRISTmas isn't suiting. To mostly anyone I know (99.9% of them) this fucked holiday isn't even about Christ. Stop using his name as an excuse to degrade yourself into this (now) corporate holiday.

Say what you want about my views, I don't care. For me, Christmas is a waste of time, money, and dignity.
Sounds like someone needs to play some AO...

PS. I usually type it X-mas.

Anti-Basic said:
Actually it was founded on Religious FREEDOM. The pilgrims were being persecuted by...... someone. And wanted to practice their religion w/o being hassled. Nice try tho.

Nobody is hassling anyone. Just understand that an overwhelming majority of people in this country are practicing Christians. If you can't handle looking at a Cross, or hearing Silent Night, then you aught to move on.

A survey was done in late 2002 about the importance of religion to people of different nations. An overwhelming 59% of people in the U.S. said religion was "very imporant." The next closest country was Canada at 30%.

The fact of the matter is this country is substantially more religious than any other country in the world. If exposure to other people's religion in public bothers you, then you're living in the wrong country.

AKZell98

Wanderer
Mwahhaha I get to do the happy response!

X-mas is what you make of it. You can indeed go down the corporate holiday path, buying gifts because the status quo says to, or you can do your own thing. Normally, some friends and I just spend the day hanging out, maybe we'll exchange some gifts, but we're not spending thousands of dollars on 'pointless stuff', but what we know the other'd want/like.

So...if you want to buy into the corporate money vacuum, feel free. If you want to look on x-mas as anathema, go ahead. But I'll be holding a bottle of dew, and enjoying the day off with people I actually give a damn about :p

That being said, g'night all! Cheers!

Seven

Sorceror
If the airport would have called them 'holiday trees' they would have been fine. Because the trees have to do with the festival of lights. ^.^

I mean... I like to see holiday trees... it makes me happy. I don't like that the days are shorter... it messes with my sleeping sched and gives me seasonal depression or whatever the correct term for it is. :(

Seven likes the lights.

Viago

Knight
I think everyone should just stfu and stop forcing thier belifes onto other people. And for people to stop taking legal action for idiotic reasons like christmas.

Everyone should acept everyone elses religious views, even if they arnt your own. and take it as a grain of salt. Just because certain people celeabrate Christmas doesnt meen that they shouldent because you dont.

The United States is a free country, opressing somones rights/religon because you dont agree with it does not slide. CHristains/Catholics could sue people who sue people/gov because of "in God we trust" and for Christmas, because we would be in our legal rights to do so.

......but people are to stupid to get along with anybody and think they can do anything.

America was Founded by God fearing people, even if Religon has been seperated for the Gov. The Baises still stands. You can argue all day long about how its so and The word "in god we trust" the holy bible not be used to be sworn in for anything, to Christmas. But you are just waisting your breath, for that the simplest thing is everyone is intitaled to freedom of religon, and america was funded by those who wer Christain/Catholic and those of the desendeds of that religon. We dont go around Sueing you for not puting Christmas Decore now do we? we respect your religous belifes. It would be nice for otheres to do it to us to. (and lets not get into the whole religious argument about religous history...cause i already know..blah blah blah....but what religus fanatic hasnt opressed another....thats in the past and some other country where religous freedom is void. This is AMERICA, we are all diffrent, SO DEAL)

Jarrod

Sorceror
Slayer706 said:
This nation was founded on the seperation of church and state. Ever heard of those documents called "The Constitution" and the "Bill of Rights"?

The "in god we trust" on coins has always irritated me.

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Slayer706 said:
What if he had a big statue of the ten commandments with "Satan Rulez" scratched into the surface?
That would be offending, and that is provoking.
Christmas tree's are not, they're part of ... the Christmas season, which is celebrated by most, Christian and non-Christian.

Jarrod

Sorceror
lets call it "Cashmas" and hang fake money everywhere. Thats what the season has boiled down to anyways. No harm in some truth in advertising.