RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commission Poll: Automated PvP

Popularity?

• I don't think it will take off, but I'm not certain, go for it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think it will take off, but I'm not certain, don't waste your time.

• Don't bother, you'll just be wasting your time.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vorspire

Knight
Actually working on it right now, have been adding some unexpected extra features as I've been going along so it's taken a bit longer, but it's nearly there :)

I've just added the new skill/spell restrictions and am finishing the region set-up gump, testing the entire interface.
Everything seems to be running smoothly so far.

Vorspire

Knight
Just a quick look at the battle region editing UI. Concept taken from Regions In A Box, but using 100% my own code.
The region editor allows you to dynamically select multiple bounding boxes that make up a whole region and gives you a graceful preview while doing so.
Each bounding box is color-coordinated to make differentiating them easy, you know exactly what you've covered already and exactly what you're going to delete.
Don't worry, these items are guaranteed to disappear when needed and will not be preserved over world saves.
The two buttons shown on the gump are Delete and View.
The Delete button will delete the bounding box at the selected index.
The View button will move your character to the top corner of the bounding box at the selected index.

PvPRegionEditor.jpg

Vorspire

Knight
Initial system testing has passed with flying colors.

Some new features include:

Team Management - Create, View and Edit a battle's teams, changing many properties including the capacity, name and even colour.
Peace-Time & Game-Time Rule-Sets - Peace-Time is the duration that is the initial start of the battle, Peace-Time rules are applied to the entire battle during this time, after which the normal Game-Time rule-set will be applied.
Dynamic Language Packages - Default English included - Language packs can be derived from a master Language pack class and will be dynamically loaded into the system at RunTime.
Battle and Team configuration validation - No battle can go public without passing the validation process, which will also provide you with messages to let you know exactly what needs to be done!

There is so many more features, but I don't have time right now to list them :)

Vorspire

Knight
I am pleased to announce that this project has been completed and will be thoroughly tested before being released to the public.

With any hope, after the release of the initial framework, I will then start including some free custom battle scenarios, things like Bomberman, CTF, TDM and any other hilarious combinations of scenarios like "dodge the bomb" and "the floor is made of lava".
With around 50 methods to override, the base Battle class is truly powerful and will cater for anything you can imagine, your only limitation will be your imagination.

I am also looking for anyone who would be willing to translate the English Language Pack for the system, it would be greatly beneficial if all languages supported by the Mobile.Language property had language packs installed as the Gumps have in-built support for fetching correct messages based on the viewer's language.
If you wish to be a part of the translation team and be a part of making this system better, please PM me and let me know!

The system weighs in at 50kb under best RAR compression and has passed the "100% Drag & Drop" test.
The system has also passed the "damaged serialization" and "inconsistent data" tests and has proven itself able to recover Battle instances of which data may have been lost or damaged.

Iraq-

Sorceror
This really sounds neat. Is there a place to customize a reward for the winner(s) of the scenario?:D

Vorspire

Knight
Added new features:

Call To Arms (CTA) - Consisting of 2 modes currently with another in planning.

The CTA is a set of dynamic properties available in each Battle's configuration.
The CTA basically allows you to set up pre-Battle public announcements.

*Set your own mesage, or leave it blank and the CTA will use a Language Pack message by default for each recipient.
*Chose the Interval at which the message is announced.
*Chose the ETA at which announcements begin in relation to the Battle Start Time.

-Mode 1: Disabled
The CTA will not perform any announcement.

-Mode 2: Broadcast
The CTA will broadcast the message to all on-line players using SendMessage.

-Mode 3: Notify-Gump (Future Addition)
The CTA will will notify the player by adding an Icon/Button to a small vertical Gump at the edge of the screen, which when clicked will open a small dialog with an invitation to queue for the Battle.

---------

The other features that have just been added are:

Spectators - Anyone who wishes to watch the battle can do so, as long as the Spectator Location is outside of the Battle's Region.
Spectators are also allowed to queue for the battle.

Stackable Item/Currency rewards - Allows you to set the Type Name of a stackable item such as Gold or Tokens, in order to be used as an extra reward for winning a battle.
The amount of the specified item created will be equal to the amount of PvP Points that the Battle would normally yield, however there are plenty of methods and room to override these basic functions in order to manipulate these numbers.

---------

So, just going back on an earlier post here; I'm still looking for people who can do Language Pack translations - They aren't that big, about 300 entries at the moment, but it's growing bit by bit with each new feature... If you think you can translate the English Language Pack effectively, please let me know via PM.

Thanks all.

Tresdni

Squire
Not quite sure how I missed this thread, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled from now on.

As always, great work Vorspire. I can't wait to toy with this system.

Vorspire

Knight
Always good to have more support :)

The system still holds strong as 100% drag & drop and I've just made a massive upgrade to the way things are saved/loaded... Not long until release time, simply trying to find bugs now ;)

Vorspire

Knight
The system has been completed and has been delivered to the commissioning shard for testing. Release will be immanent upon approval, ETA 1-2 days :)

This system is going to come with a standard battle class that will allow the system to function with no frills, but I'm going to be writing a lot of battle scenarios, most of which will remain privately contracted or commissioned, a few will be released to the public in time.

Some planned scanrios involve TDM, CTF, Tower Defense, Invasion and other cool things like Bomberman, Pacman and a ranked Tournament.

Watch this space :)

Vorspire

Knight
APVP_ProfileSneakPeek.jpg
Just a sneak-peek at how a basic stock profile overview looks, the values shown are handled by the standard profile.
You can create custom profiles to use in th system, derived from the base profile class, so you can add extra functionality to your custom battles.

The unique database engine that drives the system's save files makes this possible by initializing the Type of the derived profile class instead of constructing it from a hard-coded Type-Name.
Profiles are not the only classes to benefit from this process, you can do exactly the same with the custom region class and the teams class.

Every single method and property that can be made overridable has been made so.
You can derive from just about ANY class this system provides and inject your custom mods straight into the heart of it all without fail, while maintaining your custom data and being seamlessly integrated into the system.
The major classes in the system have full PropertyObject support, meaning they will support [Props gumps - but are usually accessed via the in-game admin control panel.

jack-0

Traveler
this sounds utterly fantastic (and looks it too, from the screenshots you've posted). i've been watching this thread the last few days to check progress and i can't wait to try it on the shard i'm building!

Vorspire

Knight

As you can imagine these screen-shots are probably not going to resemble the finished product upon release as a lot of changes and tweaks are still being made, the Region Manager gump for example now has a more exact point-to-point description and width/height/area of each bounding box.
I don't want to release anything until it's been ran into the ground during testing and proves it can cope.

This system will hopefully be used in a future service where shards can do cross-server battles with each other (where one shard hosts the battle, chosen at random from the shards assigned to the same battle-groups) This service is purely and idea at the moment, the success of this system will determine the future of that idea.

Iraq-

Sorceror
Bringing servers together is a great idea and I feel it may be the next wave of UO. Obviously the servers would need be equal in certain aspects to really "battle" or even compete with one-another.. But I could see people getting stock SVN servers and trying to compete with one another for rank.

Also this system sounds incredible (with or without preset battles) and I for one really appreciate your dedication to this community, especially when I know that you could probably do some really awesome things in some more new-age community but yet you still give here in a form that is generally basic enough for even the most novice coders here to use and learn from.