RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Pets

Tee312

Wanderer
Custom Pets

Ive read Tannis's guide on making custom artwork, and ive got all that working! WOOT! :p but how would i go about making a custom pet? Same way, its a little confusing to me hehe, help is greatly appreciated

Tannis

Knight
Tanner? :p Custom pets as in custom mounts? The same way basically. A quick rundown...

Find the animations for the pet you want under the Anim tab in MulPatcher. Let's say you're doing a drake. Write the number down.

In Tiledata, find an empty slot. For AnimID, you're going to want to put the number you wrote from the anim tab. For quality, you're going to put 25. 25 is always the quality for a mount. Check the "A", "wearable", and "animation" boxes.

Point your local server listing in UOG that you use to connect to your shard towards the Anim files and Tiledata that you modified.

If you're doing this for a live shard, it's a little different.

Find the drake animation, right-click and choose the "Save to folder" option...it'll say something close to that. Then choose an empty slot (0x1A4 and 1A5 are empty, I use those for mounts on my shard), right-click and choose "Load from folder to Verdata". I guess that means you should make sure you've loaded in an empty Verdata too. Make your entry for the mount in Tiledata, just like I told you to above. Save Tiledata and Verdata.

Open the Verdata in MUOTool. On the left you'll see different categories. All should say 0 or maybe nothing next to them except for Animations. Highlight Animations.

On the right, you'll see a few rows of numbers come up. Right-click in the right side and uncheck the patch to Verdata option. Go to File -> Save As, and save it as a MUO patch. RAR your modified Tiledata and the MUO patch, and upload it.

You can't patch 2 different Tiledatas, so you'll need to make sure that you're still using the one you already modified for your custom clothing. You can use as many MUO patches as you want to, but you can't have more than 1 per RAR file.

Tee312

Wanderer
LOL , my bad.. was in a hurry earlier when i typed it out :p Tannis* :p ok, mainly what i need to know now is : When i create the images.. so i have to have a art work for every side of the pet or just 1 artwork of the pet? Thats what really has me confused :)

Tee312

Wanderer
OOO Tannis, i just re-read your post. No, see what i want is a totally custom pet with a totally custom animation, new look and everything. Thats what im looking into doing, i know its possible cause ive seen people doing it on shards, thats what i was asking :)

Greystar

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
OOO Tannis, i just re-read your post. No, see what i want is a totally custom pet with a totally custom animation, new look and everything. Thats what im looking into doing, i know its possible cause ive seen people doing it on shards, thats what i was asking :)

As long as you have all the need animations its still the same way as Tannis mentioned. But getting ALL the animations isnt always easy, also I want to mention it will only work for the 2d client, so if you have any 3d players they wont see it, or will see something but it will not be the same thing.

Tee312

Wanderer
ok greystar thanks. No one uses 3D, or if they do thats their choice but i got my point across that it isnt recommended to used 3D. So i would have to make animations of everything of the new monster to give it a new look? Cause right now im doing a lot of customs, and now im at custom pets :) Want my shard to be different, im just so confused about how to make a totally new looking pet. I aint talking bout new ridables, i got plenty of them :p What i want is a new monster with a totally new look. New animation and all. Thanks for any more info!

Greystar

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
ok greystar thanks. No one uses 3D, or if they do thats their choice but i got my point across that it isnt recommended to used 3D. So i would have to make animations of everything of the new monster to give it a new look? Cause right now im doing a lot of customs, and now im at custom pets :) Want my shard to be different, im just so confused about how to make a totally new looking pet. I aint talking bout new ridables, i got plenty of them :p What i want is a new monster with a totally new look. New animation and all. Thanks for any more info!

There was a website at one time that was exporting monsters from other games (IE Baldur's Gate, Diablo, and some others)... it included MOST of the needed animations... However I don't remember the website. Once you do have all the animations however it would be added in the same fasion as Clothing I'd expect... or other custom mounts, or the wings that use to be floating around the forums for a while.

Tee312

Wanderer
ok.. im so sorry greystar for taking up your time :p but one more very stupid question. Yes i have added some custom items, thanks to tannis guide, but i didnt make the artwork, so how would i go about making the animation MYSELF? :) sorry.. i feel so stupid lol

Greystar

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
ok.. im so sorry greystar for taking up your time :p but one more very stupid question. Yes i have added some custom items, thanks to tannis guide, but i didnt make the artwork, so how would i go about making the animation MYSELF? :) sorry.. i feel so stupid lol

heh, don't feel stupid... this is a question however I can't answer cause im no artist... but some kind of advanced drawing program, maybe photoshop or something better... really no idea here... Then you'd have to make the animations into something importable using specific pixel ammount (that is a UO requirment for the client), however i no not what these values are... I have reached the end of my info on this topic, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Tee312

Wanderer
its fine Greystar. You have helped me and ive learned more this evening from you and Tannis, im almost at the end of this experiment :p soon as i can figure out how to make new animations i will be done and good to go :) Thank you for all your support, and ive been working on this all day so i think ill end it here and start anew tomorrow. Thanks again Greystar!

Tannis

Knight
You would need Photo/Paintshop to make all the animations for one monster. And there are hundreds of animations per monster. There's 8 directions just for standing. Each direction has 10 .bmp's that make it up. And that's just the beginning. You would be undertaking a huge project. I would download both UOAnim and UOAnim Tool from UO-Graphics. There might also be animations on there. I'm pretty sure UO-Pixel has some animations too. Try saving a series of animations to a folder, a drake for instance, and then opening it in either UOAnim or UOAnim Tool, I don't remember which. It'll show you, BMP by BMP exactly how many you need for each direction. There's walking, standing, fighting, fidgeting, dying...tons of them that you will need to do. Try looking at this post. It's along the same lines as yours, but I wasn't in a hurry to get done posting on that one, so there may be things in there I didn't say in here ;)

Tee312

Wanderer
omg tannis thank you so much! Ill tale this project up and see what i can do! i have back up all the files tonight and gonna work on it tomorrow, thanks buncheS!

Tee312

Wanderer
Ok, i just wanted to say thanks to Tannis and Greystar! I have officially added a custom pet, and its working! I didnt build it, but thats my next project and i decided to come back to it later, or have another staff member thats better at doing artwork than me(which aint hard cause i suck at doing artwork). Thanks a lot Greystar and Tannis for puttin up with me through this :p Ive learned a lot! :D

EDIT: adding a custom animation, and its called remoraz, and the files are remoraz.uop and remoraz.vd, so how do i go about adding these? I know you can cause a friend has it on his shard but he hasnt been on for like a week, do these files have all the animations i need to add them? What do i do with them to be able to add this animation? I got this from uo pixels, i just dunno what to do with it. Please help me and tell me how :)

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
Ok, i just wanted to say thanks to Tannis and Greystar! I have officially added a custom pet, and its working! I didnt build it, but thats my next project and i decided to come back to it later, or have another staff member thats better at doing artwork than me(which aint hard cause i suck at doing artwork). Thanks a lot Greystar and Tannis for puttin up with me through this :p Ive learned a lot! :D

EDIT: adding a custom animation, and its called remoraz, and the files are remoraz.uop and remoraz.vd, so how do i go about adding these? I know you can cause a friend has it on his shard but he hasnt been on for like a week, do these files have all the animations i need to add them? What do i do with them to be able to add this animation? I got this from uo pixels, i just dunno what to do with it. Please help me and tell me how :)
Either the VD or UOP will have all the animations the monster was made with. If the maker didn't use all the correct animations, then it won't have all of them. To use the UOP takes a little bit of back and forth, but it comes out right. Let me know if this works. Get Michaelangelo. It would probably be on the UO-Graphics site I gave a link to yesterday. You should be able to import your UOP into Michaelangelo and either save it to a blank Verdata, or save it as one. Those UOP patches are old though, so it may be using an AnimId that's been put into use recently.

Tee312

Wanderer
hmm whats up with this.. i export it and then it makes my tiledata.mul japanese or sometype of foreign language.. so i cant find out its bodyvalue or anything to see if it worked.

EDIT: Jesus, i dont wanna give up cause ive gotten so far into this, but this just wont work. I export it to the tiledata.mul (cause we dont have no more verdata.. do we?) ok ill just wait for someone to respond now.. im just gonna give it a break till then, ive tried all i can do for now, and its not wanting to work.

Greystar

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
hmm whats up with this.. i export it and then it makes my tiledata.mul japanese or sometype of foreign language.. so i cant find out its bodyvalue or anything to see if it worked.

EDIT: Jesus, i dont wanna give up cause ive gotten so far into this, but this just wont work. I export it to the tiledata.mul (cause we dont have no more verdata.. do we?) ok ill just wait for someone to respond now.. im just gonna give it a break till then, ive tried all i can do for now, and its not wanting to work.

You export it to Verdata.mul cause that way you can then import it using another program... its a round about way to get what you need.

Tee312

Wanderer
Greystar, i dont have the verdata.mul.. i thought that was gottenr id of a long time ago for tiledata.mul. Where is the verdata.mul then? When i open tiledata.mul through tiledata editor it says it cannot load C:/Program files/UO The Eighth Age/Verdata.mul. Can you help me with this a little more?

EDIT: I fixed it! Now that i added it to the verdata.mul, can you tell me what i do?

Greystar

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
Greystar, i dont have the verdata.mul.. i thought that was gottenr id of a long time ago for tiledata.mul. Where is the verdata.mul then? When i open tiledata.mul through tiledata editor it says it cannot load C:/Program files/UO The Eighth Age/Verdata.mul. Can you help me with this a little more?

EDIT: I fixed it! Now that i added it to the verdata.mul, can you tell me what i do?

heh, need to open another program that can export the verdata.mul into the proper muls.. Tanis is better at this then I am by far :).

Tee312

Wanderer
Ok greystar thanks. Heh, im gettin closer and closer :p Ok in mulpatcher when i try to load the anim files it says, It doesnt load XXXX(anim file) into memory anymore. Make a backup before. What does this mean? at least i made the verdata now! :D

Greystar

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
Ok greystar thanks. Heh, im gettin closer and closer :p Ok in mulpatcher when i try to load the anim files it says, It doesnt load XXXX(anim file) into memory anymore. Make a backup before. What does this mean? at least i made the verdata now! :D

it means it writes it directly to the mul file so you dont have to click save.
EDIT: So you want to make a backup just incase it imports into the wrong spot.