RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Pets

Tee312

Wanderer
um.. tannis.. do **I** have to put the patch in for ME to see the animation? Cause i havnt did the patch yet till i was sure it worked.. if i do have to put the patch in for ME to see it, i can grantee thats my problem lol.

EDIT: This whole project has made me feel stupider more than i feel im learning anything :/ Ok.. woot another quetion, how would i move the animation to another slot?

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
um.. tannis.. do **I** have to put the patch in for ME to see the animation? Cause i havnt did the patch yet till i was sure it worked.. if i do have to put the patch in for ME to see it, i can grantee thats my problem lol.

EDIT: This whole project has made me feel stupider more than i feel im learning anything :/ Ok.. woot another quetion, how would i move the animation to another slot?
Yes, you will need to upload your MUO patch and Tiledata in RAR format to some sort of webspace. I don't know how you connect to your shard, whether it's through a local listing or the UOG public list, but if it's a local listing, go to the Settings on UOG for your shards local list and enter in the URL and download the patch.

Moving the art to another slot, I don't know. I haven't had much time to play with it lately, so I'll have to get back to you.

Tee312

Wanderer
ok.. i know H: is for monsters and stuff though.. so ill check that out to.
Im telling you my problem is i didnt think i needed to do a patch, ill check it out inna bit.. thanks Tannis, might be a while before i come back with results though lol, but ill get back to you :)

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
ok.. i know H: is for monsters and stuff though.. so ill check that out to.
Im telling you my problem is i didnt think i needed to do a patch, ill check it out inna bit.. thanks Tannis, might be a while before i come back with results though lol, but ill get back to you :)
H is for High Detailed things, and L is for Low Details. If I'm making a mount out of already existing animations, I put it in a slot under the P area because H or L slots won't work.

Tee312

Wanderer
ahh, Well wouldnt this be high detail? anways.. im set up the patch for shard and am waiting for it to be approved, we'll soon find out.

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
ahh, Well wouldnt this be high detail? anways.. im set up the patch for shard and am waiting for it to be approved, we'll soon find out.
It wouldn't necessarily be high detailed. It depends on the number of BMP's making the animation. How do you usually connect to your shard? Through a local list on UOG, or through the public list?

Tee312

Wanderer
Ok, ive been doing tests and stuff all day, have got no more. I have got the oatch in, and it aint helping either. I connect through local server, but i am public, except auto acct aint on. There was i beleive 60 animations when i loaded it in michelangela(mistyped probably LOL) but there seemed to be all the animations you need. Ok any more info pleased tell me and ill get it for ya, we'll get there eventually. Any more info or anything else you should think i should try?

EDIT: Ok right now were on how to move the anim to another slot. I am trying my best to figure it out.

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
Ok, ive been doing tests and stuff all day, have got no more. I have got the oatch in, and it aint helping either. I connect through local server, but i am public, except auto acct aint on. There was i beleive 60 animations when i loaded it in michelangela(mistyped probably LOL) but there seemed to be all the animations you need. Ok any more info pleased tell me and ill get it for ya, we'll get there eventually. Any more info or anything else you should think i should try?

EDIT: Ok right now were on how to move the anim to another slot. I am trying my best to figure it out.
If you connect locally, you don't need to put the patch URL on the UOG site and wait for them to ping you in order to get patches. You can just go to the settings for your local list and put in the patch URL. Much faster for testing.

joshw

Sorceror
Tannis said:
Either the VD or UOP will have all the animations the monster was made with. If the maker didn't use all the correct animations, then it won't have all of them. To use the UOP takes a little bit of back and forth, but it comes out right. Let me know if this works. Get Michaelangelo. It would probably be on the UO-Graphics site I gave a link to yesterday. You should be able to import your UOP into Michaelangelo and either save it to a blank Verdata, or save it as one. Those UOP patches are old though, so it may be using an AnimId that's been put into use recently.
I am the original convertor of the Remorhaz the animation slot isnt old just need to adjust your body.def file I do belive its in the animation slot for an ore elemental if i remember correctly which means all you do is comment out the body value in body .def and corpse.def files and reset the body value of the ore elemental to earth ele body value and hue it correctly

Tee312

Wanderer
Ahh ok, so ill try that.. make back-ups first :p Ok, umm, so if you could, can you explain that a little more clearer? Cause right now its bodyvalue is snow leaopard when i spawn it, so what exactly can i do? sorry im still new to a lot of this, but im more than willing to learn! :)

joshw

Sorceror
what you do is look for the body value of snow lepord in your scripts once you find the body value then open up the body.def file and look for that number should look similar to this keep in mind this isnt the correct body number just an exsample
20 {28} 1153

The first number is body value the second in {*} is the body value it is converted to and the third is the hue just coment it out like this
#20 {28} 1153 then save and should work you must patch or place body.def file in your main uo folder to have this work

Tee312

Wanderer
ok, Umm, ill work on it inna few :) But when you gave your example.. and said should comment it like this .. all you did was add a # before the numbers, is that what you meant to do? cause that was only thing changed hehe

EDIT: Also.. sorry im so confused. what would i put in {}? The remorhaz bodyvalue, what? Im so damn confused and tired as hell, i dont get what i would change it to..

EDIT: Ok was re-reading your posts.. so they say the same.. except maybe the hue i can change, but the rest stay the same, all i do is add a # infront of the line to somment it out and reset it? I do that for both files?

EDIT AGAIN!: Ok tested it.. now all it did was make that bodyvalue invisible.. either # infront of it, then i removed it and restarted shard and its still invisible bodyvalue.. good thing i made a backup. Least i understand more of what im doing.. i think maybe u essed up on your example, and maybe explain your example some more? Im so sorry.. i just really wanna add this, ive gotten so far in

joshw

Sorceror
you dont do anything except comment out the bocy value of the remorhaz the reason for this is ifyou want to switch back to it being a snow lepord you just delete the #

Karavoc

Sorceror
Any Chance some one could walk us through how to take a monster from the Anim tab to a script? its still a bit convusing for instance some thing like the unknown sea monster

its take is H: 0x5F

Tee312

Wanderer
Ok, been experimenting with everything, and ive reread posts and everything. So another question added to me first one :

Why does it make the animation invisible?
Do i HAVE to change the hue of it to make it work?

Tee312

Wanderer
Umm, ok. Im pretty sure now you dont have to change the hue (sorry i didnt reply quick) now i still dont get why it makes the animation invisible..