RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Pets

Tee312

Wanderer
o ok. Well it wont load the anim files.. hmm.

EDIT: Nevermind my bad. O so now all i need to do is figure out what to do with the verdata and im done, woot!

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
o ok. Well it wont load the anim files.. hmm.

EDIT: Nevermind my bad. O so now all i need to do is figure out what to do with the verdata and im done, woot!
You need to open the Verdata with MUOTool and make a MUO patch out of it. Load Verdata into MUOTool.

Go to the Animations section.

When you highlight Animations, a bunch of numbers will appear on the right. Right-click in that area, and uncheck "Put Animations in Verdata".

Go to File -> Save As, and save as an MUO patch.

You definitely don't want to make your players patch the whole anims file. It's almost 200mb. Using an MUO patch is much faster.

Tee312

Wanderer
ok Tannis, thanks. Can you still help me out about what is up with this file? Its all in japanese.. i made the verdata but its in japanese.. LOL

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
ok Tannis, thanks. Can you still help me out about what is up with this file? Its all in japanese.. i made the verdata but its in japanese.. LOL
That, I can't help you with. I've got no idea why it's in Japenese lol and I've never heard of that happening before.

Tee312

Wanderer
hehe ok, that part i can probably figure out, im gonna go ahead and load the verdata and see if it works.. weee ill report back tonight or tomorrow with my findings! thanks tannis, and greystar!

Tee312

Wanderer
Ok here anyone can help me probably.. im just so tired and aint thinkin straight and my staff and players are driving me crazy, so if i dont do this before tomorrow afternoon ill have a riot :p I made the MUO patch, got the verdata and the anim files in it, so how to i patch my shard with this and find out the animations body value? Yay almost done!

EDIT: Also.. just in case that didnt work and didnt have all the anim files.. how would i load the vd Tannis? I'm pretty sure the UOP will work though... or at least hope. Just in case though i wanna know how to load the vd, at least i know how to do a lot of this now! I cant tell you how much i appreciate all you hep, support, and time if this works or doesnt. thanks a lot Tannis!

Karavoc

Sorceror
This has probibly allready been posted, but there is still one thing that confuses me,

How do i get it sothat some thing has different looks for Male's and Females? like if i was going to take a Chain tunic and edit it, how would i use the Same art but different gumps on equip?

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
Ok here anyone can help me probably.. im just so tired and aint thinkin straight and my staff and players are driving me crazy, so if i dont do this before tomorrow afternoon ill have a riot :p I made the MUO patch, got the verdata and the anim files in it, so how to i patch my shard with this and find out the animations body value? Yay almost done!

EDIT: Also.. just in case that didnt work and didnt have all the anim files.. how would i load the vd Tannis? I'm pretty sure the UOP will work though... or at least hope. Just in case though i wanna know how to load the vd, at least i know how to do a lot of this now! I cant tell you how much i appreciate all you hep, support, and time if this works or doesnt. thanks a lot Tannis!
To find the animations body value, take the Verdata and open it with MulPatcher. You'll see the Verdata entry in green. If you've made your MUO patch, RAR it with your modified Tiledata, body.def (if you have weapons/clothing) and upload to some type of webspace. If you're not sure what to do with patches in general, like how to upload, and enter the URL into UOG, there's a tutorial on that somewhere around here. MulPatcher supports VD files, but I've not been able to get those to work yet.

Karavoc said:
This has probibly allready been posted, but there is still one thing that confuses me,

How do i get it sothat some thing has different looks for Male's and Females? like if i was going to take a Chain tunic and edit it, how would i use the Same art but different gumps on equip?

Load the male and female versions like you would any other piece of custom art, but give them the same art (ground) tile.

Tee312

Wanderer
hmm Tannis its not loading the verdata in mulpatcher..wbhat tab is it suppose to be under? I checked all the anims and tile datas and animdatas, and like every tab :p

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
hmm Tannis its not loading the verdata in mulpatcher..wbhat tab is it suppose to be under? I checked all the anims and tile datas and animdatas, and like every tab :p
If, for example you're trying to look at animations that are in a Verdata, you would load the Anim files and the Verdata. Scroll down through the Anim slots until you see one in green. Green ones are from Verdatas. If you were trying to see what gump files were in a Verdata, you would load the 2 gump MUL's and the Verdata, and scroll through the gump slots til you found the ones in green.

Tee312

Wanderer
ok Tannis! YAY! I got it in my anim files, non japnese and everything! NOW. All i need to know is how to add it into my tiledata.. then im done! im so happy! :p

And the anim number it was as the anim file, is that the bodyvalue i use to change something as its bodyvalue for testing? In other words, whats the steps to take to test this in game just to see if the animation works in game? Thank you so much, ive gotten so far! :D

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
ok Tannis! YAY! I got it in my anim files, non japnese and everything! NOW. All i need to know is how to add it into my tiledata.. then im done! im so happy! :p

And the anim number it was as the anim file, is that the bodyvalue i use to change something as its bodyvalue for testing? In other words, whats the steps to take to test this in game just to see if the animation works in game? Thank you so much, ive gotten so far! :D

To test it, I would script it. For the Tiledata, that's easy. Pick an empty slot, and name it whatever. In the AnimID section, put the slot number it sits in in the Anim file. So if your monster is sitting in slot 0x1A5 in the Anim file, you would put 0x1A5 in the AnimID portion in Tiledata. I'm not sure what flags you'll need to set. Flags are the Height, Weight, check boxes, etc. I would go with just setting the Animation flag at first. If that doesn't work, try a few other ones. To script it, you might need to have something like this in the script for it:
Code:
		[Constructable]
		public NameHere( string name ) : base( name, XXX, NNN, AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
		{
			Name = "Name Goes Here";
Where XXX is the slot it sits in in the Anim file, and NNN is it's ItemID (the slot it sits in in Tiledata). If it doesn't work, post back. I haven't done a whole lot with adding custom monsters in, so it's a learning experience for me as well.

Tee312

Wanderer
Damn. missed you for your last post tonigh tannis :p lol. what would i put for the gump , and what do you mean the animID section.. there isnt one.. i dont get it.
Jesus im so tired.. i wish i wouldve known this was gonna be such a pain in the ass :p o well least im almost there.. Soon as i do the tiledata ill be done.. the script part is really easy for me lol. Ok tannis.. this is hopefull the last thing. Soo close to being done. hopefully it works..if not im giving up :p Ok so what i need is what i put for gump in tildata and what you mean by animid section..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Ok my bad Tannis, im tired as hell sorry :p I was using tiledata editor, not mulpatcher, i found it. ill get back with the results

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
Damn. missed you for your last post tonigh tannis :p lol. what would i put for the gump , and what do you mean the animID section.. there isnt one.. i dont get it.
Jesus im so tired.. i wish i wouldve known this was gonna be such a pain in the ass :p o well least im almost there.. Soon as i do the tiledata ill be done.. the script part is really easy for me lol. Ok tannis.. this is hopefull the last thing. Soo close to being done. hopefully it works..if not im giving up :p Ok so what i need is what i put for gump in tildata and what you mean by animid section..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Ok my bad Tannis, im tired as hell sorry :p I was using tiledata editor, not mulpatcher, i found it. ill get back with the results
And just to let you know, you don't need anything to do with Gumps if you're putting in a new monster.

Tee312

Wanderer
ahh ok. i didnt anyways testing it now. I know its body value(65) is taking by snow leopard though. So guess ill see now that i created the script.

EDIT: Damn.. mission failed! :O:O:O:O. It didnt work.. it came up as snow leopard, any way to fix this tannis? its using the same body value.. but in anim files it shows the animation of remorhaz..Guess ill work more on it tomorrow.

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
ahh ok. i didnt anyways testing it now. I know its body value(65) is taking by snow leopard though. So guess ill see now that i created the script.

EDIT: Damn.. mission failed! :O:O:O:O. It didnt work.. it came up as snow leopard, any way to fix this tannis? its using the same body value.. but in anim files it shows the animation of remorhaz..Guess ill work more on it tomorrow.
Like I said, it's a learning experience for me too. I'll see what I can do.

Tee312

Wanderer
Hmm so you have any ideas? Im gonna try to delete the snow leopard anim and have it replaced with remorhaz. Ill get back and see what happens, backed up all my files this morning before work.

EDIT: Ok.. what the hell.. the snow leopard isnt even in that spot. Its a empty spot..

EDIT(again): Ok ive been researching it. It says in the tiledata "anim does not exist" and it does.. i think? Maybe its not IN the anim yet? Tannis think you could give one more quick review of what i do with the verdata? cause i did what u said, see its animation and everything in anim. tab. I dont get why its making its body value a snow leopard..
IT DID change the gump ID to 65 when i put in the anim slot that remorhaz is in, if that info help any, i so badly want to add this :( Thanks tannis for all and anymore hel you have given/give. I guess were both learning something, eh?

Tannis

Knight
Tee312 said:
ok ill just mess around with it till someone can help me with this extremely weird pronlem :S
IMO, you'll need to move the custom monster from one slot to another. If you look under the Anim tab, you'll see some have an H: in front of them, some an L: and some a P:. I'm pretty sure it needs to be in the P: section. A friend made some custom wing animations, he loaded them to an empty spot with a P: under it, made an MUO patch from the Verdata, and they worked.