RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Da Sekret

Arkad

Wanderer
I saw all the episodes. Happy now? lol

I'm suprised you got me with that one liner. You totally gave it away with your definition of cool.

anybody

Sorceror
Actually my definition of cool came from books I've read but yeah I seen a couple of episodes from the first season. I wanted to see the rest but I don't have cable or satellite and I really don't spend much time watching TV.

Rosetta

Wanderer
To those that believe in this - Good for you, but realize not everyone believes in it. The world is just bigger than that. I hope it works for you throughout your lives. But it doesn't work for everyone that is just a fact. I know very well that it doesn't work for me.

-------------------
Arkad you have proven you know very little about being an artist, in particular a writer. Which is fine, everyone has different interests and things they want to do in life.

Most, not all, artists are not cheerful people.
Go to a writers convention sometime and you will see what I mean. Not saying one needs to have serious issues with depression to be a writer or an artist, but they aren't known for bubbly personalities that think and act like all things are going to be GREAT every morning. If they thought like that no one would relate to any of the characters in their books.

Arkad

Wanderer
Rosetta;763613 said:
To those that believe in this - Good for you, but realize not everyone believes in it. The world is just bigger than that. I hope it works for you throughout your lives.

Everyday brings something different. I like to keep a glass full mentality.

Rosetta;763613 said:
But it doesn't work for everyone that is just a fact. I know very well that it doesn't work for me.

Whether you think it does or it doesn't, you're right.

Rosetta;763613 said:
Most, not all, artists are not cheerful people.
Go to a writers convention sometime and you will see what I mean. Not saying one needs to have serious issues with depression to be a writer or an artist, but they aren't known for bubbly personalities that think and act like all things are going to be GREAT every morning. If they thought like that no one would relate to any of the characters in their books.

Nice stereotype.

And the characters in books are not the writers themselves, so really that point is moot and doesn't make any sense.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Arkad;763617 said:
Everyday brings something different. I like to keep a glass full mentality.
I like to drink from the cup of life and be thankful for every last bit of it no matter how much is in it.

Arkad;763617 said:
Whether you think it does or it doesn't, you're right.
If that's how you wish to believe it than fine, but I do not see it that way.

Arkad;763617 said:
Nice stereotype.

I write, I am one of those stereotypes, I hang around those stereotypes, I look up to those people, and at some point my observations may seem like a stereotype. But if anyone has to put a massive group of people into a few sentences then it will look like a stereotype. So see it as you will.

Artists are not often bubbly, they do it because it is an obsession, and they have to know human nature in order to create. But they aren't all suffering from a mass depression either.

Arkad;763617 said:
And the characters in books are not the writers themselves, so really that point is moot and doesn't make any sense.

Who do you think creates the characters...?

Arkad

Wanderer
Rosetta;763641 said:
I write, I am one of those stereotypes, I hang around those stereotypes, I look up to those people, and at some point my observations may seem like a stereotype. But if anyone has to put a massive group of people into a few sentences then it will look like a stereotype. So see it as you will.

Yah, stereotyping occupations is pretty silly.

Rosetta;763641 said:
Artists are not often bubbly, they do it because it is an obsession, and they have to know human nature in order to create. But they aren't all suffering from a mass depression either.

Optimism has nothing to do with being bubbly. I'm not sure why you keep using this word and correlating the two. It makes me think of a cheerleader when you say it.

All I'm saying is, what you certainly don't see with professional artists or writers actually making a living with what they do, is them working on something and saying "Gee, this sure is going to suck when I'm done with it."

And if writers are pitching to publishers and editors, rejection is the commonplace. If they weren't truly optimistic about their work they would probably give up after the first 10 ("I know it's good, so I'm going to keep trying" not "This sucks, It's not even worth trying to pitch this anymore".

Rosetta;763641 said:
Who do you think creates the characters...?

If you're implying that every character created by an author is a direct reflection of themselves, that's a pretty absurd notion.

It's also absurd to think that a writer has to be unoptimistic in order for readers to relate to the characters that they create. Those two things aren't even related in any way shape or form.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Arkad I think we are misunderstanding each other. Because you are taking what I wrote very differently than how it was meant to be. Forgive me if I didn't make things more clear.

I guess I can make this clear at least. I am not trying to insult you, I just disagree with the premise of the movie. Debating different points of views on the matter. It's something that I was around a lot when I was younger and have some ill feelings towards.

The way the movie comes across is think positively and all your problems in life, whatever they may be, will go away. I just think there is more to life other than positive or negative feelings. But I do agree that one should not forever put themselves down. That will do nothing to help.

I got sick at 15, I have been sick since, I was taught that thinking positively about life would cure me. Make it all go away - mind over matter. It of course did not cure anything. And I thought so positive for a long while until I became in denial of my reality. This did not help my situation at all.

What did help was acceptance and a steady pace of life. To keep working at it, because simply to keep going is reward enough.

Maybe at least you may understand why I have this view of it. And I seriously mean that if it does good for somebody, than that is fantastic. But it is something that has devastatingly disappointed me in the past, and made things worse instead of better.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Arkad;763685 said:
I understand Rosetta.

I suppose this means we can't argue anymore.

Shucks.

Hope you get well.

lol I am starting to get you, which is a good thing. Maybe we can debate something else along the way. I like hashing out ideas with people.

Admin God

Wanderer
Alex21;765360 said:
so does that mean i actually get karma?, or is it just a saying?

can't right now because I've negged you too recently... so consider your +karma, me not giving you a neg the next time it's deserved.

Alex21

Sorceror
Admin God;765361 said:
can't right now because I've negged you too recently... so consider your +karma, me not giving you a neg the next time it's deserved.

so i negged you, you can now not neg me back?, Am i understanding the terms of this agreement?