RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dupre's Scripts... deceased*

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dupre

Dupre's Scripts... deceased*

As not many people knew, Dupre was suffering from depression which medication couldnt seem to control.

He became overwhelmed by this, and thus on Saturday 27th took his own life.

He asked that i post this on his behalf (as well as on a million other sites :) ) and hope that you enjoy work he did towards RunUO.

Perhaps one of his classmates at university will take over the projects in the future, but for now i dont think anyone is going to be working on them.

I will be around from time to time to answer questions, but remember he did post and do work on quite a few sites, so alot of people to get around.

psz

Administrator
Not many people would put a smilie in a death post...

(For the record, there are people who WOULD post if something happened to me... On MY site :-P)

Alatariel

Wanderer
sad way to get attention

This is a very disturbing way to announce one is going to take a break from scripting. :eek: I must assume that it is some sort of 'creative' announcement for the almost flippant manner of its delivery. (posted by durpe, smiley face, no formality what-so-ever.) Suicide is nothing to treat so lightly!

Morxeton

Sorceror
Not many people say, "Hey, here's my usernames and passwords to all of these sites. If I should happen to die, please go to these sites, login as me, and tell them I have passed on." So as far as that goes, I really don't believe this either. I can guarantee that if something would ever happen to me, you guys just wouldn't ever hear from me again. Nobody knows my username/password but me, and I have no plans on telling anybody my information in the event something shall happen.

Mark

Knight
Well he coulda left usernames and passwords in a suicide note, but still, smells like bullshit. If he really did, I'm sorry to hear that.

D

Dupre

you all sound as synical as he was.

he left a note with all his infomation on, passwords and usernames for his online banking an instructions that sites he regularly visited should be informed. as his closest friend, his dad asked me to do it, as id know what to say to people.

as for the smiley, thats what he put in the letter, he always had a stupid joke... we didnt believe it at first, he always reminded us of Tom Green or Andy Kaufman, we expected him to jump out and surprise us. and yes, im aware tomorow is april fools day, but im not going to be telling you otherwise, unless he turns out to be the new son of God.

im sorry some people dont believe it, but im afraid its very true. Dupre died on saturday after ingesting a lethal dose of ethalene glycol (anti freeze) it wasnt the 1st time he had tried to commit suicide, but was the only one that he suceeded in going all the way, without getting help during the attempt.

Revolution

Wanderer
well, i prefer not to joke it this is true, if its true, its so bad, he did a lot to RunUO community.
but i think its just an creative way to get out, like u say on:
dupre said:
Perhaps one of his classmates at university will take over the projects in the future, but for now i dont think anyone is going to be working on them.

This part means that there is a chance to he comes back and keep up his work, so i think he is not dead, if he is, god bless his soul...

Dracarys

Wanderer
Dupre said:
Dupre died on saturday after ingesting a lethal dose of ethalene glycol (anti freeze) it wasnt the 1st time he had tried to commit suicide, but was the only one that he suceeded in going all the way, without getting help during the attempt.

That's a rather strange way of commiting suicide. (I don't want to sound impious but as a EMT [i think it's called EMT in the us] i should know)

Ethylene Glycol is *hardly* ever lethal for adults (if medicated within a day). I have seen children who took in quite a bit since it tasted good but all of them survived. Doctors say the lethal quantity for adults is 100 ml but I've seen people drink WAY more and survive. After drinking Ethylene Glycol it takes about 12 hours for you to notice the first severe resutls which are hypertension and tachycardia. (after 30 minutes you feel nauseous and more depressed) After 72 hours tubular necrosis will begin and lead to extrem abdominal pain. Only if the dosis was very high (100ml+ if you believe the books. I believe what i have seen and say 250ml+) you may notice heart failure and pneumonitis after about 12 hours.

Ethylene glycol itself is relatively nontoxic and the body can filtrate most parts of the substance. Alcoholics usually ingest this substance as an ethanol (alcohol) substitute.

So I think it's a (very bad) joke. If it's true, however, it's very sad. :-/

EDIT: Ethylene Glycol is NOT antifreeze. Antifreeze CONTAINS Ethylene Glycol. And if he took antifreeze, he would have needed quite a lot of it. 100ml definitely wouldn't be sufficient.

EDIT2: No way noone would notice someone with a Ethylene Glycol intoxication - unless the person in question gags himself and locks himself up in a dead room.

EDIT3: It's bullshit, kthx.

D

Dupre

he died from renal failure, and had been on a drip of alchohol for 2 days prior.

were sure it wasnt his 1st choice of death, becasue he had cut marks on his wrists, 2 bottles of eucalyptus oil, and had alot of darvon and pentobarbital under his bed, along with a large refuse sack, but we think he went into a deep depression, and collapsed about an hour after taking the antifreeze. we dont have the autopsy report yet, so i cant tell you the exact cause, but blood tests at the time confirmed alot of ethalyene glycol in his system, alot more than the lethal dose needed.

Even if he had survived he would've been suffering alot, and would have suffered from kidney damage in the long term.

Dracarys

Wanderer
Dupre said:
Even if he had survived he would've been suffering alot, and would have suffered from kidney damage in the long term.

Hypocalcemia is a result from Ethylene Glycol intoxication, that's right. (Causing injury to the pericardium, the kidneys, brain, liver and mainly blood vessels). Hemodialyses gets Ethylene Glycol out of your system within a week, though. The only "suffering" it causes long term is the same a heavy drinker will have after several years. So most probably he would have to do hemodialysis every 2nd day for the rest of his life once he is 60. And there are thousands who have to do that, so I wouldn't call it suffering.

Dupre said:
and collapsed about an hour after taking the antifreeze.

Looking at the common antifreezes around here he would need to drink about 2l to get a lethal dosis of Ethylene Glycol. After 30 minutes you begin to vomit, throwing up most of the remaining Ethylene Glycol that hasn't been distributed into the body tissues. Ethylene Glycol is first converted to glycoaldehyde by the alcohol dehydrogenase, so after an hour, you will still vomit, kthx. You won't die within 48 hours.

Dracarys

Wanderer
Dupre said:
he died from renal failure, and had been on a drip of alchohol for 2 days prior.
By the way, you picked the one that takes longest to develop. Heart attack would have been more likely (still not after an hour).

EDIT: I'm not saying it's impossible, just not very likely. Doesn't really matter as I don't care. Personally I think it's bullshit but that's just me. If it's true, though, that's very sad.

D

Dupre

i can only tell you what i know, really sorry it doesnt sound right, but its the truth.

Dracarys

Wanderer
Dupre said:
i can only tell you what i know, really sorry it doesnt sound right, but its the truth.
Fair enough, I didn't know him. But some of the other things you named are way more lethal than ethylene glycol.

Anyway, I'm saying it again: If it's true, I'm very sorry.

Dracarys

Wanderer
Dupre said:
and were not in the US, were in England.

How should I know? Most here seem to be american. I don't know what an EMT is called in England. Someone said medic but I think that's the military medic guy. I'm neither american nor english, so I wouldn't know.

Forgive me.

Alatariel

Wanderer
even if

even if he was just an invisible 'harvey,' its a damn tragic story.
It twists my stomach
even if he were just a comic book character.
It would be sick and awful

even if somebody were laughing as they wrote it.
even if we cant guess who types behind these words.

Status
Not open for further replies.