RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Level System

D

Dreef

DamienPenDragon said:
honestly Becaw I wasnt really wanting to drop the levels would like players to be able to see level 100 or something I think that was more Elsa's idea on dropping the levels back down to 0 after aging...

also I do like the customization of levels allowing so many levels to be set..

as for other ideas for Ageing other then specific titles for certian ages I have no idea really lmao

as for Shard specific, Ageing could have many advantages, such as.
Certian Areas only certian Aged Characters can go to
Certian Items only certian Aged character can use

those are just a few of them
Same as lvl restriction so you can enter certain areas ... if you allow 20-30 lvl players to the area or 20+ (21-22) thats more usefull than ageing which will allow just age numbers like age 2 which contains 1-20 ...
Items restricted for age ... same as resctriction for lvl ....
So still this is not ageing advantages :p

okay I'll admit you got me on that one Dreef :p lol

Age on the surface could seem useless, but even if its not even a "big" feature on the script itself it could become useful to a Shard, who might find a good use for it :)

D

Dreef

;) hmm possible but still it seems to be more complicated than classic hundred lvl system :) if someone ask for your lvl your aswer will sounds like A: "my lvl 5" .. B:"and ur age?" .... A:"two" ... B:"oh man you are so young" :D So lets make sample to item restriction ... if you want link lvl system with any quest ... so lets sample a quest for promotion from mercenary to knight ... mercenary lvl 20-29, knight 30-39 so you want rescrict usage of quest item to last lvl in current title (mercenary - 29) you just want to do not allow usage if hero is below lvl 29 ... so how you will restrict this on age system? :rolleyes: i'm not professional scripter but seems to be less complicated when you restrict specific lvl ... if it is possible to restrict specific lvl in specific age together then this will have same outcome ... if it is complicated ... then hundred lvl system advantage :D

bacaw

Sorceror
Ok im grounded from interent right now ( yes im breaking rules rents are gone tho ) so im going to leave Aging in even tho it will still have no use but i will create a 100 level system with only a few lines of code ( hopefully ) and will see about a leader board along with restricting certain items without a script modification ( IE in game select an item and its restricted to what you set it at ).... in the mean time ill try and keep posting to keep everyone updated

D

Dreef

Ingame setable lvl restrictions for specific items cool idea ...
Score board ... cool feature ...
... Little Idea ...
Titles for lvls
0- 09 = 1.title
10-19 = 2.title
20-29 = 3.title
30-39 = 4.title
40-49 = 5.title
50-59 = 6.title
60-69 = 7.title
70-79 = 8.title
80-89 = 9.title
90-99 = 10.title
?(100) = Ultimate title if 100 will exist :)
Note: Not needed to think about titles just make it easily customizable in script to allow everyone set his own titles ... Title could be showed in player info after you get mouse over him ...

bacaw

Sorceror
ive come up with a solution keeping Age in but it just serving the place of more or less a place holder in the mean time ill keep pluggin away i have all weekend hopefully i can redo the gumps by then :S!! anyways lots of good posts im liking it;)

Dreef

Note: Not needed to think about titles just make it easily customizable in script to allow everyone set his own titles ... Title could be showed in player info after you get mouse over him ...
When I get done this system will work with Central Memory and all checks will be made with it. I personally do not like to use titles for purposes like this.

bacaw

I tried to add the Level Stone and I can't place it cause it isn't marked in the script: "[constructable]". Did you know of this problem?

Another thing....
I have the module complete [first draft] and have added the one liner code to the BaseCreature and will be testing it over the weekend.

P

PoolMan

If you Right Click on the gump SpendSP/CraftableMenu the server crashes.

Code:
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Server.Gumps.LevelGump..ctor(Mobile pet)
   at Server.Gumps.SkillPointRewardGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

nacrom

Wanderer
i installed this system and used the command [update

but nothing happened, no controlstone appeared no nothing

any suggestions

nacrom

i installed this system and used the command [update

but nothing happened, no controlstone appeared no nothing

any suggestions
I had the same problem. Here is the fix:

Then place in game by typing: [add levelcontrolstone

Attachments

• LevelControlStone.cs
    3.5 KB · Views: 8

bby

Wanderer
this is my error

scripts/costuom scripts/updatecommands.cs the name space 'server.scripts.commands' already contains a definintion for 'upfate'

bacaw

Sorceror
bby said:
scripts/costuom scripts/updatecommands.cs the name space 'server.scripts.commands' already contains a definintion for 'upfate'
that error means you already have a namespace of Update and or an Update.cs be sure and check that you dont have 2 btw Thank you Lucid for helping support and i sent you ( or am sending right now ) a PM..

bby

Wanderer
bacaw said:
that error means you already have a namespace of Update and or an Update.cs be sure and check that you dont have 2 btw Thank you Lucid for helping support and i sent you ( or am sending right now ) a PM..
i know that but when i take one out i get all kindsa errors how do i fix this

bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacaw

i know that but when i take one out i get all kindsa errors how do i fix this
Try this and let me know if you get errors:

Attachments

• UpdateCommand.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 5

bby

Wanderer
tanks

tanks alot it worked 1 more thing is it posible to make it where they can increase ther dex str int with this>?

bby

tanks alot it worked 1 more thing is it posible to make it where they can increase ther dex str int with this>?
It would prolly be better to add these scrolls to the next level rewards area.

Attachments

• Reward Scrolls.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 4
The Scoop:

Success!!!

I have the Level Keeper Module working now. I will be cleaning up the code and posting it as soon as it is complete. Bacaw has asked me if I'd like to take over this project and I accepted. So this system will be converted to All Spells and hopefully a stand alone version soon. All suggestions are welcome, thanks.

nacrom

Wanderer
Lucid here is a small suggestion. not sure if it is in here or not i have not had too much time to really really explore this system, but it works for my shard but maybe if you see fit maybe make notes in the script somewhere on how to edit the XPs per level so we can customize the XP points for indivudal shards