RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Level System

nacrom

Lucid here is a small suggestion. not sure if it is in here or not i have not had too much time to really really explore this system, but it works for my shard but maybe if you see fit maybe make notes in the script somewhere on how to edit the XPs per level so we can customize the XP points for indivudal shards
OK np I will look into it. I will also have a special menu that can be pulled up by staff so that staff can make adjustments if needed.

Update:

I have the EXPTest.cs working with the Level Keeper Module. I may have to tweak it a lil but it is mostly done. I now have to rescript the reward gump and hopefully can release the new system soon. I have thought long and hard about the Age thing. How about I set up the Age like this. Every Age point is equal to one month on a shard. So if your account is 2 years old your age would be 24. Then I can make another seperate system that tracks that and hands out special Age/Vet rewards such as a small stat and skill cap increase. ???

I'd like to know what you think about the age thingy :). Post your ideas. We prolly have a couple more weeks before it is done, thanks.

tristar

Wanderer
Here's my quick question...now that you've taken it over, will I have to uninstall the system and reinstall yours in order to have the updates I've been waiting for? And will I have to have the all spells system also?

tristar

Here's my quick question...now that you've taken it over, will I have to uninstall the system and reinstall yours in order to have the updates I've been waiting for? And will I have to have the all spells system also?
I will try and make an All Spells version and a stand alone version. And I will try and make the new version take the old info and transfer it to the module. That way players don't have to start over.

tristar

Wanderer
Thnx. I'm sure you'll get it all taken care of, but even if you can't, tryin is all anyone can ask for. :] Either way, I'll still use it, hehe.

Im still here been lurking around acctually waiting for the new RUO 2 to come out before I do to much more to my server, however Lucid I dont suppose Becaw talked to you about my certian situation with this level system did he? Since you took over this project hehe :) if not I could pm you and talk to you about it personally?

DamienPenDragon

Im still here been lurking around acctually waiting for the new RUO 2 to come out before I do to much more to my server, however Lucid I dont suppose Becaw talked to you about my certian situation with this level system did he? Since you took over this project hehe :) if not I could pm you and talk to you about it personally?
Your welcome to pm me about any issues you might have. I have found several bugs in some of the scripts and have fixed them. I'm still working on the gumps at the moment. And not to stir up any crap but I have heard about the 2.0 release for the last year and a half, so I'm not gonna let that stop me. If the new release comes out soon I will make whatever changes I might need and re-release it (no big deal).

basicly I had modded the SP part of the system to instead of spending the SP on enchancments I made it to where you spend it on skill points (1 sp = 1.0 in skill) Becaw was going to make a mod so that I could gain Exp off harvest / craft as well as the Monsters however keep fighting skills seperate from Harvesting/crafting skills

bacaw

Sorceror
DamienPenDragon said:
basicly I had modded the SP part of the system to instead of spending the SP on enchancments I made it to where you spend it on skill points (1 sp = 1.0 in skill) Becaw was going to make a mod so that I could gain Exp off harvest / craft as well as the Monsters however keep fighting skills seperate from Harvesting/crafting skills
Damien i had begun working on that and decided to add it in to the next release i will send Lucid the files so he can continue work on them!

**EDIT**
Removed file for Lucid

Bacaw

Damien i had begun working on that and decided to add it in to the next release i will send Lucid the files so he can continue work on them!

**EDIT**
Added the zip file for you Lucid i couldnt attach in PM
Cool thx Bacaw!

Bacaw

**EDIT**
Removed file for Lucid
That zip file wouldn't open there was an error.

bacaw

Sorceror
Lucid Nagual said:
That zip file wouldn't open there was an error.
hmmm im at school right now so ill see about gettin it to work when i get home :D sorry bout this too :p **hopes he didnt empty his trash**

The Scoop:

What I have been doing is this:
Each time a playersmoves up a level they get a level reward ball. The ball is dropped in their backpacks. When double-clicked the orb checks for your level and calculates your rewards and places them in your backpack. The only issue is that a person could actually keep the reward ball til he levels up more and then using it which would give him more rewards than he/she should have. So that is one exploit I am trying to get figured out at this moment.

Here is a list of rewards that I have so far:
Levels 1-6 = Welcome SkillBall (increases 1 skill by 25 points)
Level 7 = Throw Pillow (deco)
Level 8 = Tiller bell
Level 9 = Woopie cushion
Level 10 = Logout Rune
Level 11 = Rune Lute
Level 12 = Tool Box
Level 13 = Sprinkler
Level 14 = Charm
Level 15 = Travel Wand
Level 16 = Hooded Robe

All levels get:
1 Promo Token
5 (multiplied by players level) Tokens
500 (multiplied by players level) Gold/Bank Check

I will eventually make the level system infinite so that players can keep gaining and getting their Promo Tokens. The Promo Tokens can be used to purchase a selection of rares that will constantly be updated. Some rares will be limited edition which will bring up it's value and be very desired.

My Distant Goal:
Level Quests. Quests that only people with a certain level can get. I will get into this further after the system is complete.

:S lol why use skillballs? I acctually kinda liked the way it was really with the gump and the SP points added to it when you gained a level, as I thought there was already a level system out there with skill balls and such, *shrugs* lol

wow thanks. that helped so much. also would anyone suggest editing SkillsCap to something else then 120. or what the skills cap and stat caps. thanks again.

:S lol why use skillballs? I acctually kinda liked the way it was really with the gump and the SP points added to it when you gained a level, as I thought there was already a level system out there with skill balls and such, *shrugs* lol
Dude read more closely. The skillballs are handed as a bonus gift for the first 6 levels. That is in addition to the gold, tokens and promo tokens. I haven't even talked about the Skillpoint rewards yet. ------------------------------------------------
wow thanks. that helped so much. also would anyone suggest editing SkillsCap to something else then 120. or what the skills cap and stat caps. thanks again.
OK this is what I have done. I have added a Rank. The levels will climb to 16 and then add a rank...then reset to zero again. When the rank climbs one it will reward the player with a stat and skill cap increase. I don't think any shard would want their players to get them too easily. But really haven't got that far yet.

But the rank will keep the levels and experience points cycling.

BTW: I have resolved the level ball exploit.

ahhh okay I appolozie :S I happened mistake what you were talking about, I thought you were redoing the whole system to where it uses skill balls and such didint know you ment you added them in as a bonus to the system itself :D

again I appolozie for the misunderstanding :)

DamienPenDragon

ahhh okay I appolozie :S I happened mistake what you were talking about, I thought you were redoing the whole system to where it uses skill balls and such didint know you ment you added them in as a bonus to the system itself :D

again I appolozie for the misunderstanding :)
NP, I did look the menu system over. Everything looks good but one thing. I don't like the idea of cashing in experience points. This is why:

Experience = level = rank

You need experience points to get levels to get rank. So those 3 numbers will be untouched in the game. Instead...I will be substituting experience points with Promo tokens for those rewards. And since I don't have to edit much more I will be able to release the new system soon.